Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 29 Nov 2022, 15:56 (Ref:4135441)   #451
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd be amazed if Houx isn't full of agency allocated pitches as usual. No way it sold out in 4mins to purely ACO members.

That said, it didn't stop me still trying to get a ticket elsewhere. Which is part of the issue I guess. I'd rather be stuck with two pitches than miss out.
Old 29 Nov 2022, 16:00 (Ref:4135442)   #452
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I wonder how much of thatn there has been (I'm not being critical, I should emphasise). How many people with orders in at agencies have bought additional pitches just to be sure?
Old 29 Nov 2022, 16:17 (Ref:4135444)   #453
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I certainly put in a request with 1st tickets so will see what they come back with. However, I thought using ACO may be a better option.
Old 29 Nov 2022, 16:21 (Ref:4135445)   #454
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
i remeber in the 90's just turning up and getting camping on the gate at houx annex, always camping available even in the 00's all be it at beausjour. week ge tickets always available when you arrived apart from 2 years ago when numbers were restricted.
We were always in Maison Blanche at that time which was always booked out.
Old 29 Nov 2022, 16:55 (Ref:4135454)   #455
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well it certainly appears that some people have now managed to get better sites from other sources and the ones they got in the aco dregs lottery will be past on, but as yet i have not heard of anyone else getting TR ones, but early days yet
Old 29 Nov 2022, 17:32 (Ref:4135460)   #456
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
TD has dedicated areas: Porsche Curves, Glamping (next to BSL) and Flexotels. I suspect these have all gone, they do get spaces in general campsites but maybe not this year.
Porsche curves sold out in July and most of the ‘private’ sites were sold out in the following two months. Fairly sure TD and 1st Tickets regularly sell on ACO ‘public’ pitches - and thought they had minimum allocations. Thought Bleu camping still here in 2023 (1st Tickets/PH site on there). Surely the agencies must have slots in Houx and Bleu - they may not have final allocations until about now (or maybe on/after 5 Dec), which kind of agrees to what they’ve been saying.

Has the delay been due to sorting out extra sites like Hippodrome? The ticket site also appears to have changed recently?

Getting in and out past BSJ roundabout is going to be fun as the slow security checks, even coming back from St Saturnin etc on Friday backs everything up.

Think 2024 lists have opened up at some agencies
Old 29 Nov 2022, 21:07 (Ref:4135485)   #457
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post
Has the delay been due to sorting out extra sites like Hippodrome? The ticket site also appears to have changed recently?
No, complete incompetence. The new ticketing website, however, is a HUGE upgrade over the old one.
Old 29 Nov 2022, 21:45 (Ref:4135488)   #458
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, the ticketing website is fine, I've no issues with it. It's what they've decided to sell and the quantities that I have issues with....
Old 29 Nov 2022, 22:59 (Ref:4135493)   #459
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yes, the ticketing website is fine, I've no issues with it. It's what they've decided to sell and the quantities that I have issues with....
totally agree the site worked ok but what the hell have thy done with the allocations, tourist office had only two sites and very few on either and as far as i can see so far we are the only people on TR either here or on the other forums.
Old 30 Nov 2022, 08:36 (Ref:4135522)   #460
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
From what I read elsewhere, in places I seldom visit, pretty well everyone who has posted has had to take Beausejour, as there was nothing else left. A lot of people are pinning their hopes on the ACO making more camping spots available next week.
Old 30 Nov 2022, 08:54 (Ref:4135525)   #461
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm still very disappointed by only getting BSJ, I actually slept very bad last night. I could only come up with negative thoughts about BSJ. PLEASE tell me the positive sides of BSJ to cheer me up cause I can't think of any.

I have only read one time someone got Epinettes, all others got BSJ, it is bullshit we are beiing fooled by ACO.
Old 30 Nov 2022, 08:58 (Ref:4135526)   #462
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
The only thing I can think of is that the ACO have reserved a lot of camping sites for the agencies and this, coupled with the closure of certain camping sites has put a lot more pressure on tickets for those who book directly. It will be interesting to hear how the agencies have got on, because if their allocations have been restricted too, there is going to be a lot more disappointment and annoyance with the ACO.
Old 30 Nov 2022, 09:05 (Ref:4135527)   #463
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Has all camping Bleu and parking Bleu gone (as per another site)?

Bit shocked if that’s all gone for corporate parking to tie up with new footbridge. May be fine for cars not getting clogged inside circuit on Saturday.

We stay at Lycian (inside BSJ next to new banking ). Getting in at BSJ main entrance bad last year as was getting in or out through Arnage village on Thursday and Friday.

So virtually all campers are now in and out through bridge under Porsche curves? All backed up by BSJ security!

No entry/exit for public cars from tram stop roundabout end I believe? There is car access that way but only in/out of circuit at Arena/Garage Vert for VIP parking etc?
Old 30 Nov 2022, 10:16 (Ref:4135538)   #464
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Certainly no Bleu of any kind available, as I understand it.
Old 30 Nov 2022, 10:25 (Ref:4135539)   #465
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Posted by Just Tickets:-

Centenary Event! Le Mans 24 Hours 10 & 11 June 2023.

As has been widely reported the ACO have delayed the allocation of camping pitch allocation, which has been due to them reorganising the overall site with regards to camping (Closures include Blue South, Blue North, Expo, Musee and part of Houx and parking (Vert parking and no decision on White or Blue) in 2023, agents have not been advised about these discussions because of business confidentiality so these changes and what is on offer is a surprise to us at Just Tickets & Motoring. Also, the ACO have decided to reduce the number of week general admission tickets and to introduce a new general admission ticket valid for the 4,6,7,8 and 10-11 June, It does not allow access on Monday 5 and Friday 9 June we are seeking urgent clarification from the ACO over this, due to allowing campsite access etc.

The result has been a dramatic reduction in our allocations based on 2019, clearly, as you are all aware we operated a spreadsheet system this year, clearly there will be undoubted disappointments for which we apologise. Everybody will receive a phone call in due course upon further ACO clarification, however this will take time we hope you understand this awful situation that we are all in.

If you are concerned that you may not get the allocation you requested, then we can only suggest that you attempt to join the lottery on the ACO website when tickets become available for the public. Obviously, we are concerned, and we don`t want to let down any clients, but we are in the hands of the ACO and although we are in constant communication with regard to additional tickets we are not in a position at this time to advise as to whether we will be able to provide additional tickets in future weeks.

I am sure you will share our disappointment at the way 2023 is panning out but you can be assured that we will fighting for the best outcome for all our clients.

Not looking good.

No news posted by 1st Tickets yet.
Old 30 Nov 2022, 10:30 (Ref:4135541)   #466
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well a few have been allocated Houx or eppinettes and others only got hippodrome or bjs yet to hear on any forum of anyone getting any other site apart from me on TR. Appears that all camping for the main event is within the circuit or GE area and all parking outside the circuit. The Tourist office seems to had had very little allocation of camping to speak off so seems to indicate the other agencies might be in a similar position. Yes there will be quite a lot of unhappy campers this year Hi Di Hi as the saying goes. Wondering if TR might be being held back for allocation to those with mobility issues this year. as all the other sites are now a good walk from the main area.
Old 30 Nov 2022, 10:38 (Ref:4135543)   #467
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
The 1st ticket responds brings up several other issues, the talk about Houx being reduced in size and the map on the aco shows an entry point close to those for eppinettes and the annex so it could be that it is no longer within the GE area. This is a large site so those in there without the full week tickets might be very unhappy but that is only my interpritation.
Old 30 Nov 2022, 10:44 (Ref:4135545)   #468
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A good walk..... BSJ is an awfull long walk from anything.

I still try to think I'm lucky to have a pitch AND full week.

ACO should come with a apology and explanation for people to understand the mess they created.
Old 30 Nov 2022, 10:47 (Ref:4135546)   #469
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
The 1st ticket responds brings up several other issues, the talk about Houx being reduced in size and the map on the aco shows an entry point close to those for eppinettes and the annex so it could be that it is no longer within the GE area. This is a large site so those in there without the full week tickets might be very unhappy but that is only my interpritation.
Just Tickets.....
Old 30 Nov 2022, 10:51 (Ref:4135547)   #470
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
A good walk..... BSJ is an awfull long walk from anything.

I still try to think I'm lucky to have a pitch AND full week.

ACO should come with a apology and explanation for people to understand the mess they created.
Not sure the ACO thinks they have done anything wrong, but i do think that with people having several camping spots and not ideal GE tickets there will be plenty of activity on the forums and ebay as people try to sort the mess out that has been created by the ACO this year.
Old 30 Nov 2022, 10:52 (Ref:4135548)   #471
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Just Tickets.....
Sorry Andrew my mistake.
Old 30 Nov 2022, 10:58 (Ref:4135549)   #472
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Sorry Andrew my mistake.
I'm just hoping that the ACO haven't screwed 1st Tickets as badly. There is no information on their site or FB page. And when I emailed them a few days ago they clearly didn't know (or couldn't divulge) what their allocation would be.
Old 30 Nov 2022, 11:12 (Ref:4135550)   #473
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's just extraordinary, the level of incompetence is truly mind-blowing.

Last edited by Bentley03; 30 Nov 2022 at 11:19.
Old 30 Nov 2022, 11:13 (Ref:4135551)   #474
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
I'm just hoping that the ACO haven't screwed 1st Tickets as badly. There is no information on their site or FB page. And when I emailed them a few days ago they clearly didn't know (or couldn't divulge) what their allocation would be.
I suspect the ACO have treated everyone the same
Old 30 Nov 2022, 11:20 (Ref:4135552)   #475
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
I suspect the ACO have treated everyone the same
I agree with you Simon, everyone's as confused as each other.
Closed Thread