Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 10 May 2004, 21:42 (Ref:966945)   #1
Alpina
Veteran

Alpina should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autotesting

Don't know if this is the right forum but are there any autotesters out there?

Last edited by Alpina; 10 May 2004 at 21:47.
Old 28 May 2008, 17:54 (Ref:2214072)   #2
Big Dave
Racer

England
Gillingham
Big Dave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes me

J J J Jemma
Old 28 May 2008, 21:24 (Ref:2214211)   #3
cht
Rookie

cht should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there are quite a few autotesters who have gone on to be sucesssful in other forms of motorsport including rallyX

Dermot carnegie RallyX
Chris Grimes RallyX
Mike Soanes rally navigator
john moffett rally
michael cullen British GT
Tim mullen Le mans & Various GT
Karl Cleary Hillclimbs

any others?
Old 29 May 2008, 12:21 (Ref:2214600)   #4
cht
Rookie

cht should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a few more,
chris evans RX
Colin McRae legend
Bernard Dolan F3
Old 29 May 2008, 12:23 (Ref:2214602)   #5
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave
Yes me
Welcome to ten-tenths!

Dragging up an old thread here Dave! Where do you do your autotests?
Old 29 May 2008, 12:54 (Ref:2214621)   #6
Circuitmarshal
Veteran

England
Historic RAF Tangmere, West Sussex
Circuitmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCircuitmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having last year trying to run auto-tests with very little success I will be interested in this thread.
And not just my club I know of another club that had to call theirs off due lack of entries.
But it would seem auto - solo's seem to get over subscribed on some/most events, by the people that used to auto - test.
Old 29 May 2008, 14:34 (Ref:2214678)   #7
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm doing a summer autotests series at the moment near Brands Hatch, every other Thursday night. There's another club that runs autotests locally as well every other Wednesday, they're good fun. My club's running an autosolo for the first time at the end of July but undecided whether to enter yet.
Old 29 May 2008, 15:12 (Ref:2214702)   #8
Farbrooke
Racer

Farbrooke has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
To find Autotesting in England I suggest you go via www.btrda.com they have a country wide series - Not all regional associations run series but I am aware of a strong southern clubs association championship on both grass and tarmac surfaces.
BTRDA are also behind the Autosolo thing - for those not wishing to disappear up there own exhaust or haven't managed to locate reverse.
Old 29 May 2008, 15:31 (Ref:2214726)   #9
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
or haven't managed to locate reverse.
I hate reversing.

Maidstone and Mid Kent Motor Club are running a round of the BTRDA Autotest championship this weekend, I think it's at Sittingbourne. It's MMKMC who run the Weds night series I referred to, in Kent [the Thurs series is run by Sevenoaks & District MC].
Old 29 May 2008, 15:33 (Ref:2214731)   #10
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
There's another club that runs autotests locally as well every other Wednesday
Maidstone & Mid Kent run theirs on a Wednesday (last nights cancelled due to the weather though - don't want to ruin the grass).
Old 29 May 2008, 17:00 (Ref:2214784)   #11
Big Dave
Racer

England
Gillingham
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2
Welcome to ten-tenths!

Dragging up an old thread here Dave! Where do you do your autotests?
Hi Bert My mates call me Big Dave you will know me as Gavin, obviosly Headcorn with M&mkmc and I do the southern series Grass and tarmac

J J J Jemma
Old 29 May 2008, 20:40 (Ref:2214908)   #12
Suze
Veteran

England
eugh what are you doing here!

Think we posted at same time Bert
Old 30 May 2008, 08:05 (Ref:2215135)   #13
Big Dave
Racer

England
Gillingham
lovely responce Suze just for that your will get special scatter plots next time, by the way hows the tooth

J J J Jemma
Old 30 May 2008, 08:21 (Ref:2215138)   #14
Suze
Veteran

England
Apologies, didn't realise it was you at first that had revived this thread. Yep you can make the plots harder so we don't win again next time Tooth is fine ta!

To get back on topic, never competed in an autotest against Gavin [aka Big Dave] but he seems to be winning quite a few of the MMKMC ones at the moment....

Not sure there are many people who autotest that actually post on here.
Old 30 May 2008, 11:56 (Ref:2215269)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
Not sure there are many people who autotest that actually post on here.
Bit of a shame that because hooning around and empty car park for an evening was always great fun. Taking mum's car home with shredded tyres afterwards was always.................................. challenging?
Old 30 May 2008, 12:22 (Ref:2215278)   #16
Suze
Veteran

England
can imagine, I've only done grass autotests and not tarmac autotests but can imagine the tyre wear....

Unfortunately neither of the parents have ever let me drive their cars, apart from once when I was allowed to drive Dad's around a field [and that was only a few months ago!].

Never seen many people talking about autotesting on here hence my comment, maybe everybody's just lurking

Last edited by Suze; 30 May 2008 at 12:24.
Old 30 May 2008, 12:28 (Ref:2215283)   #17
Big Dave
Racer

England
Gillingham
aaaaaaah yes Suze I am definatly a lurker

J J J Jemma
Old 30 May 2008, 13:46 (Ref:2215331)   #18
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well when I had very little cash for circuit racing I used to pop along to the MGCC who occasionally ran inter centre auto tests. I always scored high marks for entering a car (my '65 MGB) with chrome wires. And absolutely nothing for capability. OOh, just remembered. I slapped on four Semperit tyres once and boy did they slide around. Absolute rubbish on the road but that night I scored quite well.
Old 30 May 2008, 14:10 (Ref:2215347)   #19
Suze
Veteran

England
Is it my imagination or do MGCC still run autotests at their summer Silverstone meeting?
Old 30 May 2008, 14:11 (Ref:2215349)   #20
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Its a Gymkhana. Slightly different and involves, girls, balloons and other stuff.
Old 30 May 2008, 14:48 (Ref:2215368)   #21
Suze
Veteran

England
Yes but gymkhanas can be many different things depending who is running them! Have competed on a few.

Never competed on one involving girls or guys [that aren't competitors, organisers or marshals!].
Old 30 May 2008, 14:49 (Ref:2215369)   #22
Suze
Veteran

England
Old 30 May 2008, 15:10 (Ref:2215373)   #23
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well that's motorsport for you.
Old 30 May 2008, 19:14 (Ref:2215519)   #24
Christopher E
Rookie

Christopher E should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well this is how its done !!! Its the Ken Wharton Trophy held every year.

You tube and search under "chris evans stunt driver" it should be the first video
Old 31 May 2008, 18:06 (Ref:2216062)   #25
Big Dave
Racer

England
Gillingham

Just finnished my First BTRDA tarmac event 5th in class (7 in class which was the specials class) what Fun got thrown about in car like I was in washing machine but still managed to win best M&MKMC member cant wait till next one

J J J Jemma