Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 19 Oct 2014, 12:41 (Ref:3466442)   #1726
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some good news from Strakka.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2014/1...ised-form.html
Old 19 Oct 2014, 15:12 (Ref:3466487)   #1727
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Great news if that's true. Interesting Michelin stickers on that artwork I notice too, although I've no idea how old it is.
Old 20 Oct 2014, 04:48 (Ref:3466652)   #1728
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great news indeed. I wonder if it would be wise for Strakka to go racing at Daytona and Sebring? Just to get the car properly sorted and also to showcase it to possible customers. There is a long break between Interlagos now and Silverstone next year.
Old 20 Oct 2014, 10:52 (Ref:3466730)   #1729
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Whether or not it would be wise or cost-effective they definitely should do it--might be the only chance I get to see the car.
Old 20 Oct 2014, 11:43 (Ref:3466745)   #1730
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Great news if that's true. Interesting Michelin stickers on that artwork I notice too, although I've no idea how old it is.
Very old artwork! and yes, it's true - Sincerely I wouldn't have written it if it I was in any doubt.
Old 20 Oct 2014, 13:35 (Ref:3466772)   #1731
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Green, yellow, red. I thought Strakka's colours were blue and grey?
Old 20 Oct 2014, 14:43 (Ref:3466783)   #1732
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They have red, yellow, green on all of their cars and karts now.

http://www.strakkaracing.com/wp/
Old 20 Oct 2014, 19:38 (Ref:3466896)   #1733
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I hope someone else picks up this car. I really think if SARD were to do lmp1, DOME would be a logical choice with the 'world engine' 2L turbo 4.
Old 20 Oct 2014, 19:47 (Ref:3466902)   #1734
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I hope someone else picks up this car. I really think if SARD were to do lmp1, DOME would be a logical choice with the 'world engine' 2L turbo 4.
That would be awesome
Old 12 Nov 2014, 09:46 (Ref:3473874)   #1735
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Check out this image from Strakka's twitter

To the left side, you can see the handlebar 'beam wing' across the rear of the bare carbon monocoque.
Old 12 Nov 2014, 19:56 (Ref:3474014)   #1736
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can see an aditional thing, they have a spare tub, that's good
Old 13 Nov 2014, 07:54 (Ref:3474152)   #1737
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocomics View Post
I can see an aditional thing, they have a spare tub, that's good
Are you sure? The race car is in the background on the right. On the left looks like the bodywork for this car. The white 'car' in the foreground is a 3D printed model.
Old 13 Nov 2014, 08:11 (Ref:3474155)   #1738
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Are you sure? The race car is in the background on the right. On the left looks like the bodywork for this car. The white 'car' in the foreground is a 3D printed model.
I would say it looks like a monocoque too. It's clearly the "roll hoop" structure and window frame, which I am sure, you wouldn't build in the bodywork .
Old 13 Nov 2014, 08:24 (Ref:3474161)   #1739
TF110
Veteran

United States
Yeah, you can see in the background the painted car looks the same as the monocoque in black. Just need to enlarge the image a bit.
Old 13 Nov 2014, 10:35 (Ref:3474193)   #1740
Mike E
Veteran

I hope you are right.
Really looking forward to seeing this car on track.
Old 16 Nov 2014, 09:09 (Ref:3475353)   #1741
Mike E
Veteran

I went to the source and asked the team. They confirmed that they do have a spare car.
Old 16 Nov 2014, 09:23 (Ref:3475358)   #1742
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Strakka entry at Interlagos pulled due to last minute homologation glitch.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2014/1...ntil-2015.html
Old 16 Nov 2014, 09:32 (Ref:3475361)   #1743
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can Dome catch a break with all those mishaps?
Old 16 Nov 2014, 09:35 (Ref:3475363)   #1744
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I´m probably wrong but i think Strakka will not take part of WEC this year because they know they are to slow… they want to go for the win, and with more time testing they will find the speed and reliability they need… but this is just my opinion :-)
Old 16 Nov 2014, 10:08 (Ref:3475373)   #1745
Mike E
Veteran

Ahhh, man!
Only one thing for it: The African 6 Hour in February!
Old 16 Nov 2014, 12:36 (Ref:3475421)   #1746
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Or maybe Daytona or Sebring. Disappointing news.
Old 17 Nov 2014, 09:25 (Ref:3475720)   #1747
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Build time lapse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlT4oximezU
Old 17 Nov 2014, 18:05 (Ref:3475874)   #1748
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wish there had been clock to show how much time lapsed in real life, but that was interesting regardless. Shows you how fast the body parts get fitted towards the end too.

Anyway, nevermind Kane and Watts, has Leventis done any racing at all this year? Surely sitting in the sidelines and only doing some funny test laps does even bigger harm for amateur driver...
Old 18 Nov 2014, 12:32 (Ref:3476175)   #1749
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Anyway, nevermind Kane and Watts, has Leventis done any racing at all this year? Surely sitting in the sidelines and only doing some funny test laps does even bigger harm for amateur driver...
Agreed. Seems very odd that they haven't found some seat time somewhere.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 15:06 (Ref:3477847)   #1750
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Minoru Hayashi wrote the secret story of Furyusha (50% wind tunnel) of Dome.
*Dome built the 50% wind tunnel for the F1 development of Honda.
*Although Honda wanted to build the 50% wind tunnel by itself, it was not realized because of the budget.
*Therefore, Honda requested Dome to build 50% wind tunnel.
*Dome gave the future wind tunnel fee from Honda as security, and borrowed money from the bank and built the wind tunnel.
http://www.dome.co.jp/column/dt_89.html