Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 21 Sep 2006, 18:30 (Ref:1715771)   #126
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
It's certainly intriguing. I'm not sure when the decision to purchase a new LMP1 was made, but I would guess the order probably went in quite recently. Delivery is due by the end of the year and that surely limits the options. I reckon Courage's order books are bulging at the moment and the chances of a recent order being completed by the end of the year must be slim. A Lola B06/10 (or better still but very unlikely a B10/10) must be a possibility. But what about a Zytek 07S? Could a firm order from Laurence Pearce have been the catalyst for their decision to go Stateside for a full ALMS campaign?
You mean Zytek ALMS and Lister-Zytek LMS?
Old 21 Sep 2006, 18:59 (Ref:1715787)   #127
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
You mean Zytek ALMS and Lister-Zytek LMS?
That's right, but I'm only speculating.
Old 22 Sep 2006, 15:16 (Ref:1716436)   #128
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Binnie/Spyker news on DSC. Binnie will campaign the full LMS season in 2007. Interesting reference to 'if there is a clash with Sebring they will remain in Europe'. Does that mean an even earlier start to the LMS calendar is anticipated in 2007?

The two current Spyker chassis are up for sale. There's interest on both sides of the Pond, but Spyker would particularly like a deal to be struck which would see the cars heading for the ALMS. The team will have two brand new chassis for 2007 which they will run in the LMS.
Old 22 Sep 2006, 15:58 (Ref:1716470)   #129
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Binnie/Spyker news on DSC. Binnie will campaign the full LMS season in 2007. Interesting reference to 'if there is a clash with Sebring they will remain in Europe'. Does that mean an even earlier start to the LMS calendar is anticipated in 2007?
Yes, curious considering that the founding of the LMS was supposed to specifically NOT clash with Sebring and PLM. Clearly the Monza/Jarama date does in fact clash with PLM, if technically not on the same date - so Stephane Ratel has been busy subverting the original agreements.

Not happy in the least, I have to say. So much for growing the brand.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 22 Sep 2006, 17:14 (Ref:1716528)   #130
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
But how many actually come over these days?
Old 22 Sep 2006, 17:17 (Ref:1716531)   #131
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
IIRC, last spring the LMS Test date at Paul Richard was a couple of weeks after Sebring.

Maybe they have moved that up???

Also, I thought that I read somewhere (probably back within this thread somewhere) that LMS was going to do five races, possibly six, Monza would return, and that Istanbul was going to be dropped in favor of a race in Spain returning....

Does anyone want to shed some light on this?

Last edited by Tim Northcutt; 22 Sep 2006 at 17:24.

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 22 Sep 2006, 17:24 (Ref:1716542)   #132
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
SPA race will be in September due to the renovation, Istanbull will be replaced by Monza, Jarama replaced by Barcelona or another southern European race.

The UK round could return to Silverstone.

Basically the whole calenders being rejigged.
Old 22 Sep 2006, 17:25 (Ref:1716546)   #133
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Spain could be the March race....Barcelona would be an excellent venue.

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 22 Sep 2006, 18:13 (Ref:1716587)   #134
Ranald
Racer

England
Oxford
Ranald should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lots of news on DSC today. As has already said Spyker willl be back next year with 2 brand new chassis. The current cars are to be sold after Dubai with lots of interest from both sides of the Atlantic.
PSI want to sell their C5.R and buy a second C6.R.
GL-PK Carsport is apparently going to evaluate the possibility of running a C6.R in GT2 spec. It would be a GT2 'mule' rather than an uprated GT3 car.
Old 22 Sep 2006, 18:15 (Ref:1716591)   #135
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
But how many actually come over these days?
Last year there were Barazi Epsilon and Binnie in the prototypes; Farnbacher, Vonka, LNT and Spyker in GT2.

In 2005 there was Rollcentre, Binnie, Kruse in prototypes; Aston Martin, Graham Nash, Care/Larbre, LNT, Spyker, IN2 (precursor to Barazi).
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 22 Sep 2006, 18:32 (Ref:1716607)   #136
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranald
Lots of news on DSC today. As has already said Spyker willl be back next year with 2 brand new chassis. The current cars are to be sold after Dubai with lots of interest from both sides of the Atlantic.
PSI want to sell their C5.R and buy a second C6.R.
GL-PK Carsport is apparently going to evaluate the possibility of running a C6.R in GT2 spec. It would be a GT2 'mule' rather than an uprated GT3 car.
That is interesting, as the C6R, based of off the standard C6 chassis, and only production Corvette using carbon fiber is the illegal ZO6.

Can the entire skin on a car be changed in GT2?
I thought GT2 was just a more hot rodded GT3.
Bob
Old 22 Sep 2006, 18:35 (Ref:1716611)   #137
JAG
Veteran

England
A test car based on the GT1 C6.R is being evaluated.

The real GT2 car would have the body of the regular C6 or Z06.
Old 22 Sep 2006, 18:49 (Ref:1716619)   #138
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Um I work Indirectly with Chevy and Corvette performacne driving schools with the National Corvette Museum. Chevy will not allow the Corvette to be speced as a GT2 car.

The C5R and C6R are GT1 cars. Only the Calloway developed Corvette ZO6.r are speced for GT3 racing in europe only. Chevy will not support the ZO6 to be preped for GT2. If they did I would be the first to buy three of them.

The SpeedWorld GT Corvettes are all privatieers with approved aftermaket ZO6 carbon fiber bodies, but use the smaller LS2 motor not the LS7.
Old 22 Sep 2006, 19:21 (Ref:1716639)   #139
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Um I work Indirectly with Chevy and Corvette performacne driving schools with the National Corvette Museum. Chevy will not allow the Corvette to be speced as a GT2 car.

The C5R and C6R are GT1 cars. Only the Calloway developed Corvette ZO6.r are speced for GT3 racing in europe only. Chevy will not support the ZO6 to be preped for GT2. If they did I would be the first to buy three of them.

The SpeedWorld GT Corvettes are all privatieers with approved aftermaket ZO6 carbon fiber bodies, but use the smaller LS2 motor not the LS7.
Interesting... Pratt and Miller made a GT2 Corvette several years ago.....
Old 22 Sep 2006, 19:36 (Ref:1716649)   #140
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
You sure about that?? where is it now? Do you know the Pratt & Miler serial # ?

if they did that was, as you said, severl years ago. Not at this time.

Things do change. Chevy is looking at doing a roller or Body in White Corvette to be converted into a (generic) race car.
Old 22 Sep 2006, 19:46 (Ref:1716655)   #141
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Correction, Pratt and Miller built a portion of the GT2 Corvette. Internals, Roll Cage.... A team in Georgia built the bodywork... It didn't have a P&M serial number.

That car ended up being raced in Europe by Atomic Kitten.
Old 22 Sep 2006, 20:31 (Ref:1716693)   #142
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:

If it's privateer, can't they do what they wish?

GT2 C5's raced in British GT with Xero (think thats correct). In fact they may have been the 'Atomic Kitten' cars.

Video from Belcar race (Xero Corvette GT2)

http://www.timarnold.com/xero/videos/corvette_spa.mpg
Old 22 Sep 2006, 21:30 (Ref:1716726)   #143
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
If it's privateer, can't they do what they wish?

GT2 C5's raced in British GT with Xero (think thats correct). In fact they may have been the 'Atomic Kitten' cars.

Yes they can do what they wish. This is a stock C5 converted to a race car, not a purpose built C5R or C6R.

If some one want to build a C6 ZO6 into a GT2 car they could do so. However, dont expect to get any support or even a break on parts from Chevy or GM or even engineering help. That is the answere I recieved when I asked the powers that be, if I built a GT2 car what would happen??

Quote:
Video from Belcar race (Xero Corvette GT2)

http://www.timarnold.com/xero/videos/corvette_spa.mpg

That track surface must have been wet or that vette has some nasty understeer.

Last edited by AU N EGL; 22 Sep 2006 at 21:35.
Old 22 Sep 2006, 23:05 (Ref:1716773)   #144
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
However, dont expect to get any support or even a break on parts from Chevy or GM or even engineering help.

Except that very car had the hands of P&M all over it.
Old 22 Sep 2006, 23:13 (Ref:1716777)   #145
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
Quote:
Except that very car had the hands of P&M all over it.
I will check my sourses. I am aware of the Atomic Kitten corvette. If P&M did build it I bet it was a one of car. Dont expect ( but I wish they would) build more GT2 cars.
Old 23 Sep 2006, 00:15 (Ref:1716803)   #146
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
I will check my sourses. I am aware of the Atomic Kitten corvette. If P&M did build it I bet it was a one of car. Dont expect ( but I wish they would) build more GT2 cars.
It was a one off car. I actually phoned Pratt & Miller today, to ask about the car, after this came on the board. They confirmed they built portions of it. I'm not implying that they would do another GT2 car, just stating that they've done so in the past.
Old 23 Sep 2006, 08:28 (Ref:1716923)   #147
Ranald
Racer

England
Oxford
Ranald should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think that the DSC article implies Pratt & Millers involvement. I believe it implies that GL-PK Carsport would be doing the development/build work themselves.
Does it actually matter if Corvette/GM wouldn't want a GT2 spec car Z06? I don't think there are any rules saying that a car bulider must have manufacturer support or do they at least need the manufacturers blessing?
Old 23 Sep 2006, 11:59 (Ref:1717013)   #148
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
Quote:
It was a one off car. I actually phoned Pratt & Miller today, to ask about the car, after this came on the board. They confirmed they built portions of it. I'm not implying that they would do another GT2 car, just stating that they've done so in the past.

P&M made two or parts of two cars for the Atomic Kitten group. P&M use to build lots of differnt TransAm and older SCCA GT1 cars and were very successful at it. That is why they got the GM Contract to build the Corvette C5Rs

Now they are too busy with the GM Corvette, Caddiac CTSv.r and TRG Pontiac GTO.r teams, plus some other GM Research that they dont have time.

Currently I know they are working on 4 new C6Rs.
Old 23 Sep 2006, 17:40 (Ref:1717124)   #149
JAG
Veteran

England
DSC confirm Pescarolo have sold chassis for the start of the 2007 season.

Along with the Lister-Pescarolo, it sounds as though some C65 teams will be using the Pescarolo upgrade.
Old 23 Sep 2006, 22:39 (Ref:1717324)   #150
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
AU N EGL, the car that Fogelhund is talking about is the Trinkler car which ran the early parts of the 2001 ALMS season, I believe it was, at Texas and Sebring. That was the same year that the Aspen Knolls Callaway and Kelly-Moss Racing Porsches appeared and then promptly disappeared, a tough one for the GT category diversity.