Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 24 Sep 2006, 00:19 (Ref:1717359)   #151
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My understanding is once a car is homologised for one class ( GT1 ) the same car can not be hologised for GT2. It is one or the other class.

Since GT3 is a new(er) class and theroticly raced by drivers over 50 and must a street adapeted race car not a purpose built race car.

Any one have any thoughts or comments on this?
Old 24 Sep 2006, 00:29 (Ref:1717364)   #152
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You can homologate in any class, and for FIA GT at least, don't require manufactuer approval, hence the Italtechnica/Prodrive 550's.

The C6.R test car is just being used for evaluation, a new GT2 car would be built from the ground up from a road shell.
Old 24 Sep 2006, 12:15 (Ref:1717546)   #153
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
The C6.R test car is just being used for evaluation, a new GT2 car would be built from the ground up from a road shell.
And how do you know this?
Old 24 Sep 2006, 13:21 (Ref:1717573)   #154
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
(DSC) The LMS schedule for 2007 will be released in the next couple of weeks. Spa, Monza and Nurburgring would appear to be definites with a race apiece for the UK and Spain. Paddock rumour would suggest it'll be back to Silverstone with Valencia replacing Jarama.
Old 24 Sep 2006, 13:52 (Ref:1717599)   #155
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And then there was an official announcement at Jarama saying just as much as the DSC message.
Quote:
Provisional 2007 Calendar

The dates of the rounds and the venue of the two last circuits will be specified very soon

Official Practice - Paul Ricard (F)
Belgium (Spa)
Germany (Nürburgring)
Italy (Monza)
Spain
UK

Last edited by Marcel ten Caat; 24 Sep 2006 at 13:56.
Old 24 Sep 2006, 19:06 (Ref:1717780)   #156
davemk7
Racer

davemk7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm surprised that Monza is back after all the trouble there this year, has that now been resolved? (i'm not very up to date on that story)
Old 24 Sep 2006, 19:36 (Ref:1717804)   #157
Francesco
Racer

Italy
Lecco, Italy
Francesco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes... everything seems to be solved, really looking forward to next year's race we have missed a lot the 1000km
Old 24 Sep 2006, 21:07 (Ref:1717927)   #158
davemk7
Racer

davemk7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thats good news, on a similar subject what about castlecombe at the moment? they were having similar troubles with people compaining about the noise.
Old 24 Sep 2006, 22:14 (Ref:1717972)   #159
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU N EGL
And how do you know this?
Because DSC said so

At least the part about evaluation.

They're not going to 'waste' a detuned GT1 spec car in GT2, thats if it was legal anyway.
Old 24 Sep 2006, 22:17 (Ref:1717974)   #160
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
And then there was an official announcement at Jarama saying just as much as the DSC message.
Valencia would be good, Silverstone, hhhmmm, but if they can accomodate more cars I guess it's needed.
Old 24 Sep 2006, 22:22 (Ref:1717978)   #161
JAG
Veteran

England
http://www.endurance-info.com/articl...d=2639&thold=0

We benefitted from a lull in the planning of the weekend after the tests qualifiers to meet Henri Pescarolo and to speak a little with him about these rumours which bruissaient in the bed. Pescarolo Sport would become to some extent "manufacturer" and would sell hulls to certain teams. After dedicatehaving nicely dedicated a photograph and a cap with a young child, the victorious quadruple 24 Hours of Mans as a pilot and double champion Mans Series as a TEAM-MANAGER took time to light us. Laurent Chauveau: Henri, you recently announced that you launch the manufacture of a new monoshell, designed by your TEAM, in conformity with the new regulations for the next season. Can you say some to us more about it? Henri Pescarolo: "C60, such as it is known this year will not be able to run the next year more. We knew it. Also two solutions were offered to me to continue the adventure Pescarolo Sport. To buy a car done everything in a manufacturer. Or noting that our car is always in the blow, to set out again of our existing base, by grafting it on a new monoshell answering specifications LM P1 perfectly. It is the way which I chose because it is the logical continuation of what we had launched in 2005 by transforming the car into hybrid. The requirement that we fixed ourselves was of completely being able to adapt the existing parts on the monoshell all while allowing us future evolutions the level aéro. We entirely designed this essential part then validated we it with our founissor. It is now launched in manufacture, and us should receive it in November. The homologation will be done in the tread. To be accepted by the authorities, a hull must indeed undergo tests of precise efforts in all the directions: vertical, longitudinal and side. The advantage is that these tests are nondestructive... if the hull were well calculated! One can thus recover the part tested to assemble it on a car." LC: How much did you launch from there? And with which supplier do you work? HP: "We launched six from there. Two are for us, if I manage to find budget enough to make roll the second car... Concerning the supplier, I do not wish to reveal it. But it is a supplier recognized today." LC: The four others are thus not for you. You thus launch out in the sale of hulls? HP: "In fact, a many teams are in the same situation as me. They have C65 Courage which they will not be able to make any more roll the next year. However, they are only two years old, they are thus still young and it is a shame "to throw them". I did not make publicity for my monoshell but when certain teams intended some to speak, they were interested and contacted me." By crossing Paul Belmondo in the bed, we asked him what it was of his project announced at the time the 24 Hours of Mans. To motorize its cars with Bio-éthanol in 2007. Let us specify that we are unaware of at this time there that Paul could possibly repurchase a hull with Henri. Paul Belmondo: "In fact, for the moment, we await the decision of Ford, and the project is suspended with this decision. What is sure, it is that we will leave on an engine AER, because it does not require almost any adaptation to this fuel. It rolls indeed already to the United States with bio-methanol. It is very quickly transposable." Did you carry out the establishment in C65 by way of test about which you had spoken to us? "Not, we are obliged to wait. In the same way, we did not buy the LC75 yet." LC: Can one know of which teams, it acts? HP: "Two signed right now. It acts of Kruse which would recondition its C65 thus. The other TEAM is Lister. Laurence Pearce sought a new base to develop her own LM P1. It was addressed to us. Paul Belmondo is also in talks with us and its answer must reach us very soon." LC: Does this commercial activity enable you to give a puff of air to your company? HP: "Ca does not give us really a puff of air but that more easily enables us to deaden the expenses of study and tools which are very expensive for such a part. More than the part itself." LC: With which tariff, the teams can buy a badgée monoshell Pescarolo Sport? HP: "50.000 Euros" LC: If one speaks only about Pescarolo Sport, did you envisage other modificiations on the car for the next season? HP: "I already rolled very recently in Brétigny to carry out tests aéros there. We tried out modifications there on the front one. But if I manage to find a little more budget, we will start research to make modifications even more important on this level." LC: Does this future car bear already a small name? HP: "It will be very first" true "Pescarolo Sport. But its official patronym is not yet really selected." Here thus a second manufacturer of LM P1 established in the enclosure of the 24 Hours technoparc! The comparison with Courage LC70 will be higher interest. It already delays us to see the first car of Henri and its men...

Last edited by JAG; 24 Sep 2006 at 22:29.
Old 24 Sep 2006, 22:37 (Ref:1717981)   #162
JAG
Veteran

England
Updated list for 2007

P1

1(2) x Joest R10
1(2) x Peuguot 908 (full season if winter test goes well!!)
1(2)x Creation
1x Zytek
1x Pescarolo
1x Lister Pescarolo
1x Chamberlain Lola
2x Swiss Spirit Courage LC70
2x Courage Mugan LC70
1x Lavaggi
1x RFH Dome
1x Epsilon
2x Kruse (could be P1 or P2)

P2

1x G-Force ?
1x RML Lola
2x Rollcentre Radical
2 x Team Bruichladdich Radical
1x Protran ?
2x Melchester Racing Radical
1x Binnie Motorsports Lola
1x Randaccio Lucchini
1x Belmondo LC75 or Pescarolo
1x ASM Team Racing for Portugal Lola
1x Pierre Bruneau Pilbeam

GT1

1x Oreca Saleen
2x Team Modena Aston
1x PSI C6.R
1x Alphand C6.R
1x Convers Team MenX Aston/550

Swiss Spirit and Peugeot news confiormed here:-

http://www.endurance-info.com/articl...d=2642&thold=0

Don't know what you think, but IMO, if Peugeot are in the LMS, Audi will HAVE to be there also.

Last edited by JAG; 24 Sep 2006 at 22:42.
Old 25 Sep 2006, 07:00 (Ref:1718122)   #163
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
http://www.endurance-info.com/articl...d=2639&thold=0

We benefitted from a lull in the planning of the weekend after the tests qualifiers to meet Henri Pescarolo and to speak a little with him about these rumours which bruissaient in the bed. Pescarolo Sport would become to some extent "manufacturer" and would sell hulls to certain teams. After dedicatehaving nicely dedicated a photograph and a cap with a young child, the victorious quadruple 24 Hours of Mans as a pilot and double champion Mans Series as a TEAM-MANAGER took time to light us. Laurent Chauveau: Henri, you recently announced that you launch the manufacture of a new monoshell, designed by your TEAM, in conformity with the new regulations for the next season. Can you say some to us more about it? Henri Pescarolo: "C60, such as it is known this year will not be able to run the next year more. We knew it. Also two solutions were offered to me to continue the adventure Pescarolo Sport. To buy a car done everything in a manufacturer. Or noting that our car is always in the blow, to set out again of our existing base, by grafting it on a new monoshell answering specifications LM P1 perfectly. It is the way which I chose because it is the logical continuation of what we had launched in 2005 by transforming the car into hybrid. The requirement that we fixed ourselves was of completely being able to adapt the existing parts on the monoshell all while allowing us future evolutions the level aéro. We entirely designed this essential part then validated we it with our founissor. It is now launched in manufacture, and us should receive it in November. The homologation will be done in the tread. To be accepted by the authorities, a hull must indeed undergo tests of precise efforts in all the directions: vertical, longitudinal and side. The advantage is that these tests are nondestructive... if the hull were well calculated! One can thus recover the part tested to assemble it on a car." LC: How much did you launch from there? And with which supplier do you work? HP: "We launched six from there. Two are for us, if I manage to find budget enough to make roll the second car... Concerning the supplier, I do not wish to reveal it. But it is a supplier recognized today." LC: The four others are thus not for you. You thus launch out in the sale of hulls? HP: "In fact, a many teams are in the same situation as me. They have C65 Courage which they will not be able to make any more roll the next year. However, they are only two years old, they are thus still young and it is a shame "to throw them". I did not make publicity for my monoshell but when certain teams intended some to speak, they were interested and contacted me." By crossing Paul Belmondo in the bed, we asked him what it was of his project announced at the time the 24 Hours of Mans. To motorize its cars with Bio-éthanol in 2007. Let us specify that we are unaware of at this time there that Paul could possibly repurchase a hull with Henri. Paul Belmondo: "In fact, for the moment, we await the decision of Ford, and the project is suspended with this decision. What is sure, it is that we will leave on an engine AER, because it does not require almost any adaptation to this fuel. It rolls indeed already to the United States with bio-methanol. It is very quickly transposable." Did you carry out the establishment in C65 by way of test about which you had spoken to us? "Not, we are obliged to wait. In the same way, we did not buy the LC75 yet." LC: Can one know of which teams, it acts? HP: "Two signed right now. It acts of Kruse which would recondition its C65 thus. The other TEAM is Lister. Laurence Pearce sought a new base to develop her own LM P1. It was addressed to us. Paul Belmondo is also in talks with us and its answer must reach us very soon." LC: Does this commercial activity enable you to give a puff of air to your company? HP: "Ca does not give us really a puff of air but that more easily enables us to deaden the expenses of study and tools which are very expensive for such a part. More than the part itself." LC: With which tariff, the teams can buy a badgée monoshell Pescarolo Sport? HP: "50.000 Euros" LC: If one speaks only about Pescarolo Sport, did you envisage other modificiations on the car for the next season? HP: "I already rolled very recently in Brétigny to carry out tests aéros there. We tried out modifications there on the front one. But if I manage to find a little more budget, we will start research to make modifications even more important on this level." LC: Does this future car bear already a small name? HP: "It will be very first" true "Pescarolo Sport. But its official patronym is not yet really selected." Here thus a second manufacturer of LM P1 established in the enclosure of the 24 Hours technoparc! The comparison with Courage LC70 will be higher interest. It already delays us to see the first car of Henri and its men...
Strange, the article made perfect sense before being translated..............
Old 25 Sep 2006, 11:47 (Ref:1718352)   #164
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Because DSC said so

At least the part about evaluation.

They're not going to 'waste' a detuned GT1 spec car in GT2, thats if it was legal anyway.
Ohhhh that settles it then. Well I will let Mr Wallace ( Corvette Boss ) know that end of next month when I have a meeting with him this very issue. I would buy the first three, and have a list of 40 other teams and individures to buy the next 47.

Unfortunilty Chevy will not directly build a race ready car. They are looking at building 'rollers' which private teams could convert to race cars. But that is still in the planning / thinking states.
Old 25 Sep 2006, 17:33 (Ref:1719492)   #165
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Since I wrote the dsc piece I'll provide a response.

The info on the GT2 Corvette test came directly from a senior source involved in the team.
Old 25 Sep 2006, 17:40 (Ref:1719499)   #166
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin
Since I wrote the dsc piece I'll provide a response.

The info on the GT2 Corvette test came directly from a senior source involved in the team.
Is the GT2 developed by Carsport (Toine Hezemans, no involvement of GLPK?) or Callaway in Germany (responsible for the development of the GT3)?
Old 25 Sep 2006, 17:42 (Ref:1719501)   #167
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Ohhhh that settles it then. Well I will let Mr Wallace ( Corvette Boss ) know that end of next month when I have a meeting with him this very issue. I would buy the first three, and have a list of 40 other teams and individures to buy the next 47.

Unfortunilty Chevy will not directly build a race ready car. They are looking at building 'rollers' which private teams could convert to race cars. But that is still in the planning / thinking states.
It will be independent of Chevy, if it goes ahead, they'll design/build the cars themselves, just as JMB initiated the 360GTC, Prodrive the 550 etc.

At least thats what I assume from the article.
Old 25 Sep 2006, 17:54 (Ref:1719514)   #168
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
It will be independent of Chevy, if it goes ahead, they'll design/build the cars themselves, just as JMB initiated the 360GTC, Prodrive the 550 etc.

At least thats what I assume from the article.
That makes sense. As we do here for the Speed World GT cars. Each team builds their own cars, except the Pratt & Miller Caddies.
Old 25 Sep 2006, 18:13 (Ref:1719534)   #169
JAG
Veteran

England
BTW, just noticed, if anyone has Sky HD, 10.00pm tonight on Discovery HD, theres a new episode of 'Rides', on tonights show they go behind the scenes during the building of the Corvette C6.R!

May also be on the regular Discovery channel.
Old 25 Sep 2006, 20:11 (Ref:1719680)   #170
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the posts JAG, the 2007 season is looking great so far
Old 25 Sep 2006, 21:22 (Ref:1719749)   #171
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't believe there's still only 5 rounds for 2007, whats up with these morons?!

Totally bemused as to why Assen hasn't got a race, and yet Monza is on the calender again. I mean, just look how many thousands of tickets A1 GP has sold for the Zandvoort race! With Monza the ACO are setting themselves up for more trouble again.
Old 25 Sep 2006, 21:52 (Ref:1719775)   #172
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why would Assen get a race? ChampCar is far from a done deal there and sound issues are already coming up. Racing there for 6 hours will probably need a lot of extra permissions regarding the ammount of sound. At Monza those problems are solved (for now).

Oh and A1GP is only packed because of a certain Jos Verstappen, a lot of the Dutch race fans know Verstappen, Albers and Doornbos. Le Mans Series will probably not interest them and empty grandstands (with just a group of Drinking for Holland guys) are not what we want, right?
Old 26 Sep 2006, 18:10 (Ref:1720557)   #173
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Did i miss something about Swiss Spirit running a second chassis next year or what ?
Old 26 Sep 2006, 18:28 (Ref:1720575)   #174
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
Why would Assen get a race? ChampCar is far from a done deal there and sound issues are already coming up. Racing there for 6 hours will probably need a lot of extra permissions regarding the ammount of sound. At Monza those problems are solved (for now).

Oh and A1GP is only packed because of a certain Jos Verstappen, a lot of the Dutch race fans know Verstappen, Albers and Doornbos. Le Mans Series will probably not interest them and empty grandstands (with just a group of Drinking for Holland guys) are not what we want, right?

So....

Jan Lammers and the Spykers wouldn't be a draw in Holland????

BTW...Monza hasn't drawn flies for crowds in the LMS events they have hosted thus far. I recall an apporximate attendance of 3,000 people at their first race....Pathetic....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 26 Sep 2006, 18:29 (Ref:1720577)   #175
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Did i miss something about Swiss Spirit running a second chassis next year or what ?
And 2 cars for Kruse?