Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 28 Mar 2022, 17:01 (Ref:4104679)   #701
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by modela View Post
Thanks, Mike. I'm trying to sort the viability of going to N24 and Lemans next year. Cheers!
Looks like a very do-able road trip in 2023
Old 28 Mar 2022, 17:25 (Ref:4104686)   #702
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
N24 in 2023 is 18-21 May

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2021/...published.html
Old 28 Mar 2022, 17:36 (Ref:4104688)   #703
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Looks like a very do-able road trip in 2023
Hastily runs off to amend obviously incorrect calendar ... oops !
Old 28 Mar 2022, 17:55 (Ref:4104689)   #704
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Not sure it's been confirmed but should be 17/18 June
What is the rule? If there is an exact one...

I always thought it was the weekend of the second full week in June. But I know that's not the case this year, and it wasn't the first year I went (2011). Which is nice because a slightly earlier Le Mans usually means a birthday at the circuit for me.
Old 28 Mar 2022, 17:55 (Ref:4104690)   #705
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Still doable. Nice little run through the Ardennes, stopping at some of those nice guesthouses, then drop down to the Loire-Atlantique region for a few days before heading to Le Mans. Three weeks of slow paced travelling.
Old 28 Mar 2022, 18:15 (Ref:4104699)   #706
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
What is the rule? If there is an exact one...

I always thought it was the weekend of the second full week in June. But I know that's not the case this year, and it wasn't the first year I went (2011). Which is nice because a slightly earlier Le Mans usually means a birthday at the circuit for me.
24th weekend of the year if i'm correct. I celebrated a few birthdays on the track too
Old 28 Mar 2022, 18:25 (Ref:4104702)   #707
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's what I thought too. Not sure if that is official but it it's a neat way to schedule it.
Old 12 May 2022, 18:18 (Ref:4109761)   #708
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
IIRC there's a map online, each route has a specific colour, it tells you the pick up and drop off points. I also think it stops around 30mins after the race finishes.
Old 12 May 2022, 19:22 (Ref:4109765)   #709
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks Peter, found it, really useful.
Old 12 May 2022, 20:52 (Ref:4109770)   #710
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If you're around at Arnage/Indianapolis during the early hours of Sunday morning Ker, you need to look out for us......
Old 12 May 2022, 21:42 (Ref:4109773)   #711
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will do mate, and will definitely say hello at noon.
Old 13 May 2022, 12:25 (Ref:4109811)   #712
kdr
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
The circuit buses are pretty decent these days. In 2019 we did the loop from the 'stadium end' of the track to Mulsanne to Arnage to the Porsche Curves (and then on the Little Train) back to the stadium with minimal waits for the bus each time.
That was the route i was interested in. Good to know not too much standing around! Thanks for info.
Old 13 May 2022, 13:12 (Ref:4109817)   #713
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I'll probably do that route since I'm camping at Porsche Curves.
Old 16 May 2022, 14:25 (Ref:4110229)   #714
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Lucky you waking up to the site of cars going round that great sequence of corners Peter!
Old 31 May 2022, 11:17 (Ref:4112202)   #715
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The ACO have updated the event timetable again. It now includes the sessions and races for the Porsche Sprint Challenge (including a race on the Friday), an amendment to the time of one of the Ligier sessions, various 'Fan Zone' times and the times of the concerts. My version is here -

https://www.aysedasi.co.uk/2022/2022timetable/

I'm sure everyone is looking forward to a visit to the Hydrogen Village......
Old 3 Jun 2022, 00:45 (Ref:4112608)   #716
WestHam92
Rookie

European Union
WestHam92 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going to Le Mans for the first time and found Aysedasi's guide really useful. Thanks very much!

I've got some questions that I hope can be answered:

We've got tickets for the T34 grandstand, but might want to watch some of the race elsewhere. What are the best places to watch it around the circuit and how easy is access?

Are there many food outlets, bars and merchandise shops/stalls around the circuit and near T34 grandstand? And if there aren't many close to T34, where are the nearest ones?

How close to the campsites are the car parks? Or does the camping plot include space for a car?

What are the facilities like at the campsites?

I hope you all enjoy the weekend!
Old 3 Jun 2022, 01:13 (Ref:4112609)   #717
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You’ll have a top time.

Easy to watch elsewhere. From T34 you can go uphill to the Dunlop bridge. Stay on the inside or go over the bridge and you can easily wander up to Tetre Rouge. Or walk down hill to go under the track to go to near the Ford Chicane. On the outside you can wander all the way from Tetre Rouge to the end of the Porsche Curves. Easy peasy. After the initial rush at the start a bit of patience and you can get to the front to watch. Or stand further back and get a wider view.

You can also get to Arnage or Mulsanne Corner. Drive or get the bus that is laid on (I’ve never done the bus).

Behind T34 and up the hill is the village. Lots of shops and food outlets. More shops under the grandstands opposite T34.

Loads of food outlets everywhere. Queues can be long at popular times.

You can park next to your tent if you are camping. Where are you camping?
Old 3 Jun 2022, 03:09 (Ref:4112613)   #718
WestHam92
Rookie

European Union
WestHam92 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for all that!

I have no idea where we're camping - I didn't book the tickets so I hope my friend knows!
Old 3 Jun 2022, 05:40 (Ref:4112614)   #719
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
you will love the whole trip, make sure you visit the village, inside the circuit behind the pits, lots of displays and posher retail shops/eating places, plus on saturday we all meet up and chat. see seperate thread for that. If the big wheel is there go up early evening for a great view of the circuit and the cars going round. For your first trip you will not do it all but the race is addictive so this will be the first of many.
Old 3 Jun 2022, 08:06 (Ref:4112621)   #720
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestHam92 View Post
Thanks for all that!

I have no idea where we're camping - I didn't book the tickets so I hope my friend knows!
I think the best to do for you is to join us at our meeting, we will answer to all your questions :
https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157102
Old 3 Jun 2022, 08:41 (Ref:4112629)   #721
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
good advice
Old 3 Jun 2022, 20:31 (Ref:4112725)   #722
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestHam92 View Post
I'm going to Le Mans for the first time and found Aysedasi's guide really useful. Thanks very much!
Thank you! I hope you have a great time. I still remember my first LM - 36 years ago!
Old 4 Jun 2022, 05:13 (Ref:4112778)   #723
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Heard this morning that the concerts will no longer be on the area outside the circuit at the dunlop bridge, it has been moved this year to garage vert the other side of the dunlop bridge inside the circuit. More sleep for us on TR.
Old 6 Jun 2022, 07:50 (Ref:4113131)   #724
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I’ve been checking my ACO membership regarding this extra €40 payment for the members areas. It’s weird. It says ‘Members Area (For the Member) during the 24 Hours of Le Mans /finished’. However the ‘End Date’ is stated to be 30.06.22, the same as my actual membership…..?
Old 6 Jun 2022, 08:29 (Ref:4113150)   #725
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Did you pay the extra euro40 at the circuit last year or was it part of your old membership
Closed Thread