Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 26 Aug 2014, 06:01 (Ref:3447612)   #126
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We know Audi wants to run in the USA. And the Daytona 24 is a race they haven't scratch off yet, well at least overall. Is that track even FIA ready though? Probably make grade 2 Maybe that "Daytona rising" will cause them to return.

Either that track or Sebring would be good. I just hope NASCAR doesn't give in and change those tracks characters just to suit the FIA "if" it ever happens.
Old 26 Aug 2014, 08:19 (Ref:3447640)   #127
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree that the gap after Le Mans is ridiculous, all momentum is lost.

Also I think I've said this before but I think the WEC needs to make the other races special in their own right, right now it's just Le Mans and then a grey mass. This could be accomplished in a lot of different ways and endurance racing offers a lot of opportunities as opposed to something like Formula 1 where you're locked in to a set format.

You can reconnect with tradition by calling the races their classic names (Pokka, Mil Milhas etc.), vary the race lenght (note that the race lenght it self isn't the important part here but to make the races stand out from each other), go to circuits that don't really have a flagship event and where the WEC can claim that status. These are just examples of what you could do but in short, reconnect to the classics or create new ones! Every single race should feel special!
Old 27 Aug 2014, 08:09 (Ref:3448033)   #128
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You could organize the 'Mille Miglia' at Imola, Mugello or Vallelunga, witch are all more or less located in the area where the original streetrace used to go. And at Enna Pergusa you could organise the Targa Florio (although i guess only Imola and Mugello are suitable)
In Mexico you could race the Carrera Panamericana.

BTW, what is the Pokka?
Old 27 Aug 2014, 10:06 (Ref:3448063)   #129
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner View Post
BTW, what is the Pokka?
Suzuka 1000km aka Super GT's International Pokka 1000km
Old 28 Aug 2014, 00:07 (Ref:3448351)   #130
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speaking of Suzuka, WEC should go there as an 8-hour race.
Old 28 Aug 2014, 05:52 (Ref:3448398)   #131
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For me it would be as follows:

5 races in Europe (Le Mans, Monza, Nurgurgring, Paul Ricard, Spa)
2 races in Asia (Japan and China)
1 race Australia (Albert Park)
2 races in North America (COTA and Montreal)
1 race in South America (Track to be decided: I'm not a fan of Autodromo JCP as I think it is too short for Enduro events)
1 Race Africa (New track in the CAPE - If it is ever built)

12 races. A proper World Championship.
Old 28 Aug 2014, 06:09 (Ref:3448400)   #132
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I think 12 races are the ideal. I know the UK will need a race, so an alteration to your schedule would be to exclude Paul Ricard and have that as a public test like early this year. I think Malaysia or Australia would be a great addition. But not Albert Park. If they dont do JCP in South America, my first choice would be San Luis, Potrero de los Funes-

Old 28 Aug 2014, 10:21 (Ref:3448463)   #133
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
Speaking of Suzuka, WEC should go there as an 8-hour race.
WEC already has an 8 hour race at Suzuka. The FIM Word Endurance that is
Old 28 Aug 2014, 14:10 (Ref:3448537)   #134
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I think 12 races are the ideal. I know the UK will need a race, so an alteration to your schedule would be to exclude Paul Ricard and have that as a public test like early this year. I think Malaysia or Australia would be a great addition. But not Albert Park. If they dont do JCP in South America, my first choice would be San Luis, Potrero de los Funes-

yes, Potrero de los Funes is a fantastic circuit.
Old 28 Aug 2014, 14:41 (Ref:3448548)   #135
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
12 races is way too expensive, the current 8 race schedule is stretching the limits of many entrants already.

The only way I can see more races being scheduled is either by doing better overall scheduling of the different races, i.e. 'back-to-back races (could be 2 weekends apart instead of 1 which might be too stressful) in the same region (Europe, NA, Far East, etc.) or...

let races run in conjunction with regional races (a la ILMC) - but that would change the entire concept of the championship - and won't happen therefor.

So, it is what it is and will probably stay like this for quite a while, the only added excitement will be coming from possible new manufacturers joining the P1 or GTE battle and switching current venues for new ones.

Good luck with cheering on 25 or so cars on mainly uninspiring long race tracks/parking lots!
Old 28 Aug 2014, 15:52 (Ref:3448571)   #136
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Christian Mogami has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
2015/16 season start at Montreal in the Fall,USA and South America in Winter then go to Asia and end in Europe(final Le Mans) is what is being talked about at WEC.

To keep cost down next year the two NA rounds and maybe a SA round/rounds would count to both racing years.(the final of 2015 and the start of 2016 season).
Old 29 Aug 2014, 01:04 (Ref:3448696)   #137
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This whole Winters series isn't making sense to me.

Currently, the championship starts in April and goes to November...8 months.

If the Winter series ends at Le Mans in June, then an 8 month schedule begins in November. There is no way the WEC can race at Montreal in November, that city will be covered in snow and it will be freezing cold. It's going to be snowing in Montreal until at least March or April, so where can you possibly stick the track if the summer months are taken off? It makes no sense. If you bring Montreal up to October or September, then you are stretching the schedule to 9 or 10 months. That's stretching out a schedule that is already too sparse.
Old 29 Aug 2014, 01:37 (Ref:3448703)   #138
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Let's say Montreal doesn't happen and they stick to an 8 race schedule. If the WEC wants to start in the Americas, go to Asia, and end in Europe, they are going to have to reschedule every non-Euro race. Is that really worth it? If they keep the race schedule as is, the season will be 10 months, as I've already stated, and we're going to be stuck with an even longer "mid-season off-season".
Old 29 Aug 2014, 01:48 (Ref:3448705)   #139
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
They want to start in Sept and end in June.

Gerard Neveu is floating

Start/end 2016/15 season in Asia(Fall) Fuji and Shanghai(Sept and Oct)
I think this will become Aug and Sept.

Then Montreal in late Fall or early Winter(November?)
I think this will become October.

Bahrain in (Dec, Jan)

USA(Cota) in Winter(Jan,Feb)

San Paulo in (Feb/March)

Silverstone in (April)

Spa in (May)

Le Mans in (June)
Old 29 Aug 2014, 02:09 (Ref:3448710)   #140
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
That schedule makes no sense. Going from Asia, to NA, then the Middle East, and then back to NA...how is that going to save costs? That sounds like an even bigger waste of time and travel budget.

A 10 month schedule for 9 races? The WEC should be trying to compress the schedule, not stretch it.

And all of this is to make Le Mans the grand finale? Sorry Christian Mogami, this doesn't sound reasonable.
Old 29 Aug 2014, 02:17 (Ref:3448712)   #141
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
The way I see it making sense is doing the Asian races in this time of year or a bit later. Head to Bahrain at the end of the year then South America in Jan/Feb. Up to North America beginning in March the onto Europe in April through to Le Mans.
Old 29 Aug 2014, 03:11 (Ref:3448726)   #142
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
That idea makes more sense but even in March, Montreal's average temp is barely 0C.

I remember when Autosport came out with the idea of WEC going to Montreal. Montreal wanted a second race in the summer, a couple months after the F1 GP. That can't happen if this Winter series happens, so I don't see the benefit for Montreal.
Old 29 Aug 2014, 04:28 (Ref:3448737)   #143
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
The 15/16 season will be in flux with the 16/17 season better.

They might hold off on Montreal until 16/17 with the new race at RA or Indy.

16/17 Season

Start in US,Asia,SA,EU. Sept -June

New races at Montreal and Road America,might lose COTA.

New race in Mexico City?(WEC boss brought up a race in Central America....only place I can think of is Mexico but that is NA but close)
Old 29 Aug 2014, 04:35 (Ref:3448739)   #144
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
US and Canada races in Sept then to Asia,SA,EU.

RA,MO,Fuji,Shanghai,Bahrain,Sao Paulo,Mexico City,Silverstone,Spa,LM
S S O N J F M A M J
Old 29 Aug 2014, 05:16 (Ref:3448741)   #145
TF110
Veteran

United States
Maybe they start the season in America or Canada late August or early September, do NA rds. 1 & 2. Head to Japan and China in October. Bahrain mid November then South America in January. Then Europe? Itd still leave a gap until its warm enough in Europe.
Old 29 Aug 2014, 14:15 (Ref:3448873)   #146
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Converting to this questionable winter scheduling the favorable winter climate in Texas should give COTA a better chance than any of the other potential NA tracks.

Although I don't think there's a lot of logical thinking going on in Neveu's office...
Old 29 Aug 2014, 19:25 (Ref:3448937)   #147
Pandemonium
Racer

Pandemonium has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Enough of this speculation. Wasting your time instead of searching for news
Here you have some. Now start speculating over this.
http://www.fiawec.com/en/news/dates-...nced_2234.html
Old 30 Aug 2014, 01:36 (Ref:3448974)   #148
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemonium View Post
Enough of this speculation. Wasting your time instead of searching for news
Here you have some. Now start speculating over this.
http://www.fiawec.com/en/news/dates-...nced_2234.html
So thinking of scheduling is a waste of time? Speculation is a part of the fun in this discussion.
Old 30 Aug 2014, 09:04 (Ref:3449022)   #149
Pandemonium
Racer

Pandemonium has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Nah is all good but it gets a bit overwhelming. So back on topic... Why this early date for the test? I hope people on twitter speculating about a transition season between the actual and the winter calendar are wrong.
Old 30 Aug 2014, 09:34 (Ref:3449031)   #150
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
So thinking of scheduling is a waste of time? Speculation is a part of the fun in this discussion.
Speculation is fun but when people talk about calendar changes constantly (for seemingly the last three years) it gets a bit tiring.

That said there's not really a lot of WEC news/info at the moment.