Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Jun 2002, 10:27 (Ref:318755)   #1
Rache
Racer

Rache should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jaguar looking for new drivers?

Just seen a thing on ITV about Jaguar looking at new drivers for next season....several possibilities were mentioned but one name was missing....Justin Wilson??

Why aren't they interested in him? But would he want to drive a Jag(Ford) anyhow
Old 22 Jun 2002, 10:44 (Ref:318761)   #2
Kex
Veteran

England
The Palace of Dreams
Kex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I were Justin, I'd drive anything that was available in F1. I think the fact that he's slightly taller than most drivers hampers him a bit.
Old 22 Jun 2002, 11:06 (Ref:318769)   #3
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and the fact he isnt doing amazing in his new series.
Old 22 Jun 2002, 12:06 (Ref:318809)   #4
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
It was mentioned on Sky by Damon Hill and Jeremy Hart that Ford are even thinking of changing the Jaguar team name as it's affecting the Jaguar car sales too much.
Old 22 Jun 2002, 12:16 (Ref:318819)   #5
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Justin isnt really setting the world alight with his Nissan series at the moment , i hope he hasnt missed the boat and gets his chance 9in F1 , but for that to happen , he needs to be winning in Formala Nissan on a regular basis.

Any one think Jaguar will give Andre Lotterer a chance in the race team next year .??
Old 22 Jun 2002, 12:37 (Ref:318839)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
justin's doing far better in nissan now he's got a better engineer.

if jag put lotterer in the race team, i'll eat my hat. they'd far rather pay jenson who has the street cred, and the image to suit their marketing of ther road car.
Old 22 Jun 2002, 12:58 (Ref:318857)   #7
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The reason i said about Lotterer is F1 is full of politics etc . Personally i hope they give a test to Justin to see how he goes , but sometimes it seems unless your winning constantly , you just get over looked unless youve got multi million dollars to throw at a team.
Old 22 Jun 2002, 13:31 (Ref:318874)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I thought Pedro had resigned? Not that this should get in the way of a good story, but isn't it only Eddie's seat that is being discussed?
Old 22 Jun 2002, 14:38 (Ref:318935)   #9
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Although not much is said about him, I don't think PDLR has done such a bad job this year. He's no future WDC or anything, but he's fast and fairly consistent but whether he'll stay for next season is debatable.

Jaguar HAVE TO sack Irvine. He should retire. He's done nothing all year, he's overpaid and his performances, except for one or two fleeting moments of glory, have not been worthy of a man being paid that much. He has not delivered anything all year.
Old 22 Jun 2002, 15:26 (Ref:319001)   #10
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can PDLR do anything if he lasts 1 or 2 laps every race?

De la Rosa, Irvine, Lotterer, Courtney, Wilson, Alonso, Webber, Button... anyone else?
Old 22 Jun 2002, 19:01 (Ref:319129)   #11
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber is only allowed to test the Jag because that was a demand made by Flavio when he and Nicki decided to let Fernando test the Jag(was said by Lauda himself)
Old 22 Jun 2002, 19:03 (Ref:319131)   #12
Robytis
Rookie

Robytis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1manoz - Irvine knows how to drive. Jag must must give him a competitive car first.
The R3 is going now like a old ford transit.
Old 22 Jun 2002, 19:14 (Ref:319135)   #13
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Del-a-Rosa hasnt been that bad when he lasts that is.

But he's a bit scrappy off late though it has to be said - he's doing better than Irv.

Still, Irvine is perfect for Jaguar...image wise....he's the only way they can get people to notice them till they can get their act together!
Old 22 Jun 2002, 19:18 (Ref:319138)   #14
El_Gibleto
Veteran

El_Gibleto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps the problems at Jag are caused by having 4 channges of management structure and different policies in 4 years?

It took the Todt/Brawn/Byrne group 4 years to make Ferrari into a winning team, it is almost impossible to put a winning team together if the senior management change every few months.
Old 22 Jun 2002, 19:48 (Ref:319145)   #15
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
thats right , that why they should have left Rahal alone to do what they were paying him to do .
Old 22 Jun 2002, 20:58 (Ref:319179)   #16
El_Gibleto
Veteran

El_Gibleto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sato San, you are right, Bobby would have built a winning team, if he had been allowed the time and the authority to get things right. He inherited a bad situation and some very bad decision from the previous managements, going back to the Stewart era had left the team as probably the weakest in F1.
Old 23 Jun 2002, 04:40 (Ref:319354)   #17
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by mr v
It was mentioned on Sky by Damon Hill and Jeremy Hart that Ford are even thinking of changing the Jaguar team name as it's affecting the Jaguar car sales too much.
Not to VOLVO, please - I get enough flack as it is, and I have to hide my hat when I go out in my Volvo Station Wagon.

Valve[img]http://www.**************************/smilies/bouncy.gif[/img]
Old 23 Jun 2002, 04:41 (Ref:319356)   #18
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Didn't winning the BTCC title help Volvo's image though?
Old 23 Jun 2002, 04:56 (Ref:319364)   #19
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Not here in Brisbane. Even clapped out Toyota Corollas are having a go at me.

Old 23 Jun 2002, 05:08 (Ref:319367)   #20
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The blame on Jaguar's poor performances this year lies solely on shoulders of Niki Lauda, who imho, has failed miserably in his attempts to manage the outfit. Niki might be a great driver of his times but he just aint have the confidence and the management skill to take Jaguar anywhere.

He must be fired.
Old 23 Jun 2002, 07:29 (Ref:319402)   #21
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Maybe Jaguar should be split into two, let Niki run the racing side, and call the development company ROVER, and let Rover build and develop the cars. It's just a thought!!!

Old 23 Jun 2002, 07:41 (Ref:319405)   #22
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Robytis
F1manoz - Irvine knows how to drive. Jag must must give him a competitive car first.
Irvine has one fatal floor. His Mouth
Old 23 Jun 2002, 08:00 (Ref:319412)   #23
Guy Goddard2
Racer

Guy Goddard2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Robytis
[B]The R3 is going now like a old ford transit.

That comparison is a bit hard on the Ford Transit which at least gets you from A to B!
Old 23 Jun 2002, 08:09 (Ref:319415)   #24
kwd
Racer

kwd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Funny, he kept it in the hunt til Malaysia and had to be No2 to Schuey til Silverstone of that year,mind you he was granted 1 win by Salo, but I think he performed admirably given Ferrari couldn't 'find' his left rear tire in a pit stop which probably cost him a race.
Old 23 Jun 2002, 14:13 (Ref:319577)   #25
Robytis
Rookie

Robytis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Guy Goddard2
[B]
Quote:
Originally posted by Robytis

That comparison is a bit hard on the Ford Transit which at least gets you from A to B!
If you will drive R3 with speed of transit you will get from A to B