Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 14 Oct 2008, 19:18 (Ref:2312430)   #101
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
It's all about marketing. If you get the people in there for free and get them to watch the races they get interested. Hey, they might actually buy some Audi and Peugeot merchandise.

Next time they know it is great and they watch it on tv, post in forums, read magazines, go to another round and tell their friends it was great fun.

And if things go well they might actually buy a Peugeot or Audi in the future.
Not for free. A small admission price YES, but not free. Ten Euros is good. Under 12 free, 12 to 15 5 Euros.

PPL that pay for things have more respect for what they have received. PPL who get things for free, keep wanting things for fee and seldom purchase,.
Old 14 Oct 2008, 19:57 (Ref:2312463)   #102
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMans.pt
ALMS is not "simply a few years further on", is light years further in organization and promotion
thats correct, ALMS is booming now, whereas the LMS is really strugling in promoting the series, WTCC at Monza is a huge sucess, but the 1000kms LMS race there is run in front of...no one
Old 14 Oct 2008, 20:31 (Ref:2312502)   #103
CarolK
Racer

United States
Texas
CarolK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru_WRX_STi
thats correct, ALMS is booming now, whereas the LMS is really strugling in promoting the series, WTCC at Monza is a huge sucess, but the 1000kms LMS race there is run in front of...no one
I guess I'm a no-one. We attended Monza, Barcelona, Silverstone this year. . . planning on trying for all LMS in 09. Not only do we pay for our race entry and pitwalk but also rental car or train, hotel and trans-atlantic airfare to attend these races for the respective weekends. We don't get anything free from any manufacturers. We just happen to enjoy the larger grids, longer races, CER races and classic circuits. We do attend ALMS but NOT the dumb street circuits. Guess we must be the minority.

Carol

Last edited by CarolK; 14 Oct 2008 at 20:34.
Old 14 Oct 2008, 21:03 (Ref:2312528)   #104
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As people know I also went to Barcelona this year and I think it was 15 euros on gate for the weekend.
Old 14 Oct 2008, 21:08 (Ref:2312532)   #105
CarolK
Racer

United States
Texas
CarolK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
As people know I also went to Barcelona this year and I think it was 15 euros on gate for the weekend.
If you ordered early on the website that's what it was and additionally they had an abundance of free programs at the gate and at the autograph session. Monza was 5€ for Friday and 20€ for Saturday/Sunday with free parking.... and the parking areas were full. In all, a fantastic bargain for awesome racing.

Carol
Old 14 Oct 2008, 21:51 (Ref:2312549)   #106
porsche45
Racer

United States
porsche45 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crossing the pond six times, and paying for it all, c'mon Carol, you're not a "no one."
You're, at the very least, a frequent flyer. "Thanks for choosing (insert name) Airlines. We know you have several choices when you fly..."

Last edited by porsche45; 14 Oct 2008 at 21:54.
Old 15 Oct 2008, 07:49 (Ref:2312799)   #107
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Le mans itself was expensive in comparison to some of the other LMS races, but at Spa it was women and children free, so for all those males who don't like paying enterance fees there are options, the least painful of which is to wear a dress, however in my opinion the Eur 25 price is still a bargain.
Old 15 Oct 2008, 09:21 (Ref:2312863)   #108
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Did you not think the Group C calander worked then Jag ?
Plenty more races with full grids ..... If the teams are happy with that , why not ?
I'm coming to this thread late, but as I remember, with the longer calendar in Group C days, there were a number of teams who never ran the full season- even some of the top privateers were known to skip rounds, particularly the 'fly-away' races.

Even when teams were required by the FIA to sign up for the full season, some of them would miss the Japanese race by the expedient of leasing their entry slot to a local team.

I can't imagine many teams or sponsors being too keen to try and run an 8-10 round LMS season in the current economic climate either....