Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 12 Dec 2008, 18:19 (Ref:2353721)   #26
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous
How many false starts do they need before they realise trying to build an Asian Le Mans Series from scratch will not work?

Have a few open formula sportscar races for the first few years to warm the area up.
Well , as it is an asian series , let some asian manufacturers get involved in their series ! Theres plenty of chassis out there to have a successful championship , without having to have the diesels there just to destroy the racing .

Im tired of the Japanese manufacturers only wanting to do Le Mans ..... let them support their local series and prove that they are worthy of a place on the grid .
Old 12 Dec 2008, 20:53 (Ref:2353821)   #27
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Im tired of the Japanese manufacturers only wanting to do Le Mans ..... let them support their local series and prove that they are worthy of a place on the grid .
Agreed. Put in some auto invites for the winners of the series and/or key races.
Old 12 Dec 2008, 20:59 (Ref:2353826)   #28
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntt
I would call it the PLMC (Pacific Le Mans Challenge) and have it as an off season Winter series.
The one thing with a winter series is that there are plenty of Asian locations that get cold winters.
Old 12 Dec 2008, 21:21 (Ref:2353841)   #29
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
The one thing with a winter series is that there are plenty of Asian locations that get cold winters.
Yes thats true, however GP2 Asia works quite well, as does A1 GP which runs mainly through the winter and often in Asia.
Old 12 Dec 2008, 21:41 (Ref:2353854)   #30
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
The weather didnt change that much in Asia in 20 years !!! ..... Group C didnt have any bother , and I cant see how it could be that differant now .

Silverstone in winter ..... thats bad !!!
Old 13 Dec 2008, 05:26 (Ref:2354027)   #31
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Well, as an example, I was in Mongolia for July 1999. The town square in Ulaan Bataar (it has like a million different spellings) still had one huge chunk of multi-feet thick ice left.

I should add during this month I was there every day was between 40c and 55c (104F and 131F).

I am not say it is not possible to hold a race series in Asia during the winter, for plenty of places will be quite usuable. I was merely saying that running it winter limits geographical areas a lot compared to the summer.

There are parts of Asia that get properly cold winters. Fact.
Old 13 Dec 2008, 05:29 (Ref:2354028)   #32
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
I can't believe people are still talking about this. With the current economic situation, you'd think this was deader than an Investment Bankers Christmas bonus.
Old 13 Dec 2008, 05:36 (Ref:2354029)   #33
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
I can't believe people are still talking about this. With the current economic situation, you'd think this was deader than an Investment Bankers Christmas bonus.
Hmm, and here I thought I paid their Christmas bonuses, via congress, like it or not!

L.P.
Old 26 Feb 2009, 20:11 (Ref:2404876)   #34
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
NEWS: http://www.lemans.org/sport/sport/ac...D_3642_gb.html

Slight change of plans again... Fuji changed to Okayama, and instead of 1000km races, 2x 3h races.

"ACO will provide preferential travel conditions for 10 teams from the American Le Mans Series, 10 from the Le Mans Series and 4 from Japan-China."

Does that mean covering part of travel costs?

Can't say after already failing last year, the timing would be any better right now.
Old 26 Feb 2009, 20:24 (Ref:2404881)   #35
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis

Slight change of plans again... Fuji changed to Okayama, and instead of 1000km races, 2x 3h races.

"ACO will provide preferential travel conditions for 10 teams from the American Le Mans Series, 10 from the Le Mans Series and 4 from Japan-China."

Does that mean covering part of travel costs?

Can't say after already failing last year, the timing would be any better right now.
The change in venue is new(s) but the 2 races at each is not. Here

L.P.
Old 7 Mar 2009, 19:08 (Ref:2411116)   #36
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Could the switch to Okayama suggest a possible decent TV deal?- Supporting the WTCC, which is part financed by Eurosport, who also cover LMS & Le Mans...
Old 13 Mar 2009, 14:34 (Ref:2414950)   #37
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

There are some Radicals and they raced at Zhuhai, China last year. But this is only just beginning and there is still a long way to go before prototypes are really popular.
Old 13 Mar 2009, 19:04 (Ref:2415093)   #38
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post

there goes the last Toyota link I was clinging to then.
Old 17 Mar 2009, 10:34 (Ref:2417260)   #39
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
According to Sports-carracing.net, Pescarolo Peugeot will go to Okayama and Shanghai!
Old 2 Apr 2009, 11:28 (Ref:2431281)   #40
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Update on entries from the ACO here. Looks quite promising.........
Old 2 Apr 2009, 12:29 (Ref:2431332)   #41
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Taking Goh's Porsche, all the other teams are European. There is a strong marketing interest in Asia, but there is also the will to make more rounds. It´s incompreensive that the LMS only has 5 rounds... but, ACO doesn't gives a damn about LMS....
Old 2 Apr 2009, 13:18 (Ref:2431370)   #42
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
They list a Ford in GT2, so I guess that means the Robertson car.
Old 2 Apr 2009, 17:06 (Ref:2431602)   #43
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's an amazing entry, this series could really make an impact in years to come, once more Japanease manufacturers and teams come onboard.
Old 2 Apr 2009, 18:50 (Ref:2431705)   #44
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It mentions entrants from the Japanese GT Championship, I wonder if they're simply meaning the Nova Aston Martin and JLOC Lambo or if some other SuperGT machinery is going to show up.

And where will they class them?
Old 2 Apr 2009, 19:20 (Ref:2431727)   #45
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Probably a few GT300/GT2's and the above GT1's.

I'd like to eventually see Toyota, Nissan and Honda GT500 3.4l engines find their way into customer LMP1 chassis as these engines will be eligible for LMP1 in 2011.

I'm sure Mazda , with their 2l turbo engine, will be enthusiastic about this as they don't have a GT500 presence in Super GT.
Old 2 Apr 2009, 20:45 (Ref:2431815)   #46
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have always thought that adding Super GT cars to any Far East Le Mans Series made sense - speed wise, GT500 would match LMP2 & GT300 would match GT1.

I am a bit confused by this
In GT1, Corvette, Aston Martin, Lamborghini and Saleen are among the entries

an automatic invitation for the 2010 Le Mans 24 Hours for the winner of each category (LM P1, LM P2, LM GT1 and LM GT2)

What GT1 entry will be eligible to carry over from this year to 2010?
Old 2 Apr 2009, 21:02 (Ref:2431828)   #47
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I presume they'll simply allow them to change categories.

E-I seems to speculate this as the entry list so far:

1x Peugeot
2x Pescarolo
2x Courage-Oreca

2x OAK Racing
1x Goh
1x Quifel ASM
1x KSM?

1x Luc Alphand
1x JLOC
1x ARC Bratislava
1x Nova

1x IMSA
1x? Felbermayr
1x Drayson
1x Robertson
Old 2 Apr 2009, 21:55 (Ref:2431877)   #48
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
I have always thought that adding Super GT cars to any Far East Le Mans Series made sense - speed wise, GT500 would match LMP2 & GT300 would match GT1.

I am a bit confused by this
In GT1, Corvette, Aston Martin, Lamborghini and Saleen are among the entries

an automatic invitation for the 2010 Le Mans 24 Hours for the winner of each category (LM P1, LM P2, LM GT1 and LM GT2)

What GT1 entry will be eligible to carry over from this year to 2010?
I doubt that GT300 and GT500 will be included.

What is confusing about the GT-1 entries?

As to the invites for Le Mans, it is issued to the team, so with the advent of no GT-1 in 2010 the ACO would probably just give the winner of GT-1 the choice to enter in any class.

L.P.
Old 3 Apr 2009, 10:21 (Ref:2432199)   #49
EuropaBambaataa
Racer

Portugal
EuropaBambaataa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359 View Post
It mentions entrants from the Japanese GT Championship, I wonder if they're simply meaning the Nova Aston Martin and JLOC Lambo or if some other SuperGT machinery is going to show up.

And where will they class them?
The Hankook KTR Porsche 997 and the Daishin/Kawamura Ferrari 430 can be converted back to regular GT2 cars (there's also the 996s, but who wants them?). Doesn't Hitotsuyama have a 997 too?

I like electronic boom-boom-boom sounds. So what?
Old 4 Apr 2009, 02:21 (Ref:2432907)   #50
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
There is a rumor that Hitotsuyama Racing have already sold 997.