Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 19 Jun 2001, 12:49 (Ref:106850)   #1
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ford Fiesta Zetec S Championship 2001

I have been following this championship, which forms part of the Powertour package this year and I have really enjoyed what I have seen so far. The championship is now wide open with anyone of the top 5 having the chance to clinch the title. One particular driver that I have been impressed by is Alan Blencowe this is only his second season but he is currently lying 4th in the points. He has a great website to find out more log on to www.alanblencoweracing.com. It is updated after each race and contains lots of info about Alan and his career to date. Also has links to both the Powertour and Ford Credit websites. TV coverage is good with 1/2hr programmes on Sky each week and also Channel 4 showing the races (usually at 3am!!). If you haven't paid them much attention make the most of the remaining rounds.
Old 19 Jun 2001, 19:51 (Ref:107008)   #2
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome to Ten Tenths...

Alan Blecowe, a decent driver and very good in the 750 MC Hot Hatch series before he arrived in Fiestas.. money made in scafolding in my home town of Salisbury.

Have you been to a 'live' race day yet, not too far to Snets or Rockingham from your part of the world.
Old 20 Jun 2001, 07:55 (Ref:107229)   #3
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Yes I have been following Powertour around the country, by the end of the season I will have been to most of the races. It's an excellent day out with lots of races to watch, shame that things are going to change next year. Glad you appreciate the talents of Alan I am looking forward to him doing well at Castle Combe this weekend.
Old 26 Jun 2001, 18:58 (Ref:110039)   #4
one2watch
Rookie

one2watch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks for the support people.sorry about my performence in qual at the weekend at combe,had a little trouble with a new engine still the team managed to get it sorted for the race.Hope i will give you a better performence to watch at brands in 2 weeks,thanks again
Old 27 Jun 2001, 12:43 (Ref:110263)   #5
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Great racing by the Fiestas' at Castle Combe and the championship is now closer than ever. Next race at Brands on 8th July over a number of laps rather than timed. Watch out for Alan Blencowe he is going to have a different team backing him so expect good things.
Old 28 Jun 2001, 11:53 (Ref:110714)   #6
Ben5
Rookie

Ben5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alan Blencowe

My first visit to the web, under instruction from a good source! Well-done to Blencowe for gaining seven places at the weekend in Castle Coombe. He'll go far, so watch him! Hope to see you on the podium mate next time. You deserve it!
Old 28 Jun 2001, 12:10 (Ref:110716)   #7
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge

See that Alan has managed to get some more positive PR. He had a great race on Sunday and I was there cheering him on. Having the backing of a new team can only be a good thing and hopefully we will see him on the podium a few more times this season, see his website for more details. Address is on the first message I posted.
Old 28 Jun 2001, 13:05 (Ref:110727)   #8
Ben5
Rookie

TV Programmes

What times and when is the fiesta's screened on channel 4. Have watched the two powertour progs this week, and there has been nothing so far on fiestas. can anyone help?
Old 28 Jun 2001, 13:11 (Ref:110730)   #9
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge

Ben5, Channel 4 normally show the races in the early hours of the morning, the next one is 4.40am Tuesday, I think it is Rockingham. It's a case of keeping an eye on the tv listings!! Powertour did have a list but I'm not sure how up to date it is. www.powertour.co.uk. Hope this helps. Claire
Old 28 Jun 2001, 13:22 (Ref:110732)   #10
Ben5
Rookie

Thanks

Thanks, have to get the match sticks out to watch that one! Shame there aren't more progs devoted to these races.
Old 28 Jun 2001, 20:01 (Ref:110864)   #11
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Lee Purnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome to Ten-Tenths Alan.
I was at Combe on the Sunday, and I have to say that it was a lot more exciting seeing the Fiestas than at any other time I have seen them.
Well done.
Maybe you will stick around and tell us about your experiences in the cars??
Old 28 Jun 2001, 20:36 (Ref:110885)   #12
David McManus
Racer

David McManus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know there is some coverage of Powertour from Combe this Saturday at 10:55 am on 4. I think this is just F3s and GTs, but I'm not 100% certain.
Old 28 Jun 2001, 21:16 (Ref:110916)   #13
one2watch
Rookie

one2watch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hello again everyone just a bt about me {thats alan blencowe} to let you know what iv done to date.I started racing at 22 in the 750mc stock hatch formula ,we built the car and had a steep learning curve with developing the car and myself all year,with 104 entries i was over the moon to finish 4th overall in my first year of racing.My next year was a whole new ball game moving from club racing to a national level was to be a verticle learning curve and my 1st year proved it ,a huge roll at snett was my low point but all in all i moved up the field as the season went on managing to finish 5th at the end of the year.The next target was the winter cup and i was more than happy to win this as it was on my birthday,basicly i got a huge cup and all my entries and testing paid for this year{my sponsors were happy to hear this},and that led me into this year were im currently lying 4th but from brands onwards i will be driving for tim norton along side turkington i feel the change is nessesary and will do me good for the rest of the year.If you want to follow my progress look at my website alanblencoweracing.com hope you all like it.
cheers guys
Old 3 Jul 2001, 11:51 (Ref:112465)   #14
Ben5
Rookie

Hope Brands Hatch is a good race this weekend and the weather stays fine and sunny. Perhaps and hopefully we'll see Alan Blencowe on the podium this weekend, and with the amount of times he's come close, he deserves to get there!
Old 9 Jul 2001, 12:39 (Ref:114759)   #15
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Another action packed race at Brands, a few more cars on the grid which resulted in a couple of different faces on the podium, one of those being Alan Blencowe (a.k.a one2watch)who finished 3rd despite being punted off by an over eager ex team mate which left him down in 6th. Alan finished ahead of 2 of his main rivals so the championship has opened up that little bit more. The new car looked great and we should see a lot more front running from Alan over the rest of the season. Next stop Donnington on 22nd July. Alan came a very close 4th back in April so things are looking good. Full race report on Alan's website.
Old 10 Jul 2001, 13:35 (Ref:115252)   #16
Ben5
Rookie

Brands Hatch

Brands was a great weekend, despite the sun not shining, and well done to all the fiesta's for a cracking race. Had great fun watching, just a shame that you don't get to see all the circuit at once. Did you see the roll from the new chap racing, and Pinney storming forward (what I'd like to know is what kind of petrol he puts in his car). A big well done to Alan Blencowe and his new team, making it a podium - cos we all knew you could do it! Next time, make sure you get Murray and hope to see you as second p at donnington in two weeks time. By the way, picked up one of your leaflets mate-quite smart, better then the stickers that get thrust upon you.
Old 12 Jul 2001, 05:39 (Ref:115978)   #17
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maxi was lucky at Paddock!
Having stuck wheels in the gravel he managed to pull the car back to the track but clipped Bilimoria who rolled off towards the wall.

In all it was a very enjoyable race and a lot of new faces.
Old 23 Jul 2001, 12:56 (Ref:120521)   #18
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Normal service resumed at Donington Park this weekend with Colin Turkington, Nick Padley and Matt Pinny taking the top 3 spots. It wasn't all plain sailing though the lead swapped hands many times and for a few corners Eion Murray was in the lead before slipping back to 4th. It was a great race and as usual any of the top 3 could take the championship. Also taking part in the race were Lousie Goodman, Vicki Butler-Henderson and Amanda Stretton who were driving to raise money for the Macmillian cancer fund, altogether they raised £250,000 congratulations to the them all. Vicki won their race and came 10th overall. There is now a bit of a break for the drivers before they head to Knockhill on the 18/19th August. It's such a shame that this is the last year of the championship I have really enjoyed following the drivers over the season and look forward to seeing them again at Thruxton in September.
Old 23 Jul 2001, 14:51 (Ref:120570)   #19
Ben5
Rookie

I agree Claire, great shame the fiesta's will not be running next year. Hopefully we'll see some of the drivers in Clio's or touring cars. I missed the Donington Park race, but heard that Murray was in Pole? But congrats to Turkington who took the lead, and Pinny who came third. Shame about Blencowe, but as I understand it from different people he had a brushing with Stancombe? Didn't realise that there were celeb drivers this weekend. Are they appearing again this season?
Old 23 Jul 2001, 15:00 (Ref:120572)   #20
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Murray was on pole but didn't make it to Redgate quick enough to keep hold of the lead. The Drive For Life was a one off as far as I know but Louise Goodman is the patron so I am sure more things will be done. There was quite a battle between Colin and Alan for 5th and 6th but Alan couldn't make his overtaking moves stick. Pinny was in the lead for most of the race but I think an error gave Colin T the chance to make his move and Padley followed. I think they are having 2 races at Knockhill, I won't be there due to the distance from home!!
Old 25 Jul 2001, 19:57 (Ref:121710)   #21
John Batchelor
Racer

John Batchelor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yo big Al, Well done this year, i'm sure that you could be One2watch!
Old 25 Jul 2001, 21:08 (Ref:121757)   #22
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Maxijazzracing

The girls ejoyed themselves immensely and collected a lot of money for charity.

Max had a good result (13th) after a horrible crash in qualifying which left the car 4 inches shorter than normal.

The team won't be going to Knockhill due to Max's gig schedule.
Old 6 Aug 2001, 12:54 (Ref:126588)   #23
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Normally at this time on a Monday I am writing a quick review of the racing the day before but because of the gap between races I have nothing to review so I am going to try and predict instead!! There are going to be 2 rounds at Knockhill and all of the top 6 will want to build on their recent performances and increase the points gaps they have, so here goes Colin Turkington and Matt Pinny to take one win each, closely followed by Nick Padley and then Alan Blencowe not sure of the order but hopefully Alan will be ahead of Nick!! Top 6 will be finished off by Eion Murray and Colin Stancombe. Gillian Butcher will have the home advantage and will be in the top 8 of each race. Of course there could be a big upset and some lesser known faces could be on the podium we will just have to wait and see. I am sure I will be eating my words in a couple of weeks time. Do you agree or am I way off the mark?
Old 6 Aug 2001, 18:27 (Ref:126699)   #24
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
I reckon Nick Padley should do well - I am sure Gordon Sheddon and Jillian have given him a few tips.

I didn't realise it is a double header - you lucky Scots!!
Old 20 Aug 2001, 12:50 (Ref:133016)   #25
Ben5
Rookie

Knockhill

Ok, got the low down off tele text, but what really happened. Congrats to Turkington, Padley and Pinny for getting into the top 3, what happened to Blencowe, Murray and Stancombe? Heard that Blencowe came third in qualifying, came fifth in the first race, what happened next. Can anyone fill me in?