Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 23 Mar 2009, 17:03 (Ref:2422893)   #1
Lipp
Rookie

Netherlands
Lipp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Live TV LMS?

I can't find any channels on TV that will show the races of the LMS live... Motors TV doesn't have the rights and is airing ALMS. Cannot find anything at Eurosport, but I guess they won't be doing more than half an hour in the evening...

Are there any posters that know if there are any live streaming channels on the net for Barcelona?

Hate to miss all the action as it happens...
Old 23 Mar 2009, 18:22 (Ref:2422935)   #2
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Eurosport is doing live coverage of LMS.

What I understand is that they show only first and last 60 or 90 minutes, so no full race coverage like on Motors TV. Don't know if it's Eurosport 1 or 2. Maybe they have a live stream?
Old 23 Mar 2009, 18:41 (Ref:2422953)   #3
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Eurosport is doing live coverage of LMS.

What I understand is that they show only first and last 60 or 90 minutes, so no full race coverage like on Motors TV. Don't know if it's Eurosport 1 or 2. Maybe they have a live stream?
Eurosport have an hour and a bit near the beggining of the race and thats it, the end of the race isnt on there timetable.
Old 23 Mar 2009, 18:43 (Ref:2422955)   #4
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Even worse....
Old 23 Mar 2009, 20:10 (Ref:2423000)   #5
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
I hope they provide a live stream like last year. It it confirmed that MotorsTV won't be showing the races?

Sucks
Old 23 Mar 2009, 20:23 (Ref:2423007)   #6
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
I hope they provide a live stream like last year. It it confirmed that MotorsTV won't be showing the races?

Sucks
All thats in there TV Schedual for the day is Live MX2 so thats confirmation imo.
Old 23 Mar 2009, 20:49 (Ref:2423036)   #7
Lipp
Rookie

Netherlands
Radio Le Mans is not doing the race in Spain...
Good news is that they will probably be airing the races from Spa onwards. A 'guy named Hindy' informed the readers on the Motors TV forum.
Old 23 Mar 2009, 21:45 (Ref:2423085)   #8
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
At least you get any tv coverage, we didn't even get the one hour recap shows this offseason like we had in the past here in the US.
Old 23 Mar 2009, 22:35 (Ref:2423131)   #9
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How lovely....

The American Series are all over europe's TV screens, and our own series are not! Nice... what can be a better way to promote the series, the teams, the pilots, the sponsors, than live timing? Becouse thats what we have! Patrick Peter found gold on this one! Cheap, easy, and without a middle man. Wanna see LMS? Just google LMS live timing....

How long will this guy be kept on charge? He his pure menace to the series...

Now, more seriously!!

Why not start a petitonn showing that the fans are not happy with the way yhe LMS is going in this particulary subject?
Old 23 Mar 2009, 23:03 (Ref:2423157)   #10
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
I don't get it either, surely Motors isn't going to get any better ratings for anything else and UK Eurosport's coverage is pathetic (about 30 minutes of calling Aston Martin's Spykers and vice-versa). Sponsors in the series will be feeling very frustrated if there's no radio or TV coverage (even if you can't see on radio, it generates interest in a very loyal audience). I just don't get it, surely letting people watch and gain interest for free is better than holding out for a fee and killing the interest in it?

The LMS site still hasn't put any TV channels up yet either, so is there still a small amount of hope?
Old 24 Mar 2009, 10:49 (Ref:2423471)   #11
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
It really makes no sense when the arrival of the works LMP aston will surely generate more interest especially in the UK thank ever before.
Old 24 Mar 2009, 11:27 (Ref:2423501)   #12
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
http://yahoo.eurosport.com/tvschedule_clng0.shtml

For Barcelona it shows (GMT) 9:15-10:00 and 10:45-11:15. And then highlights 22:00. On Eurosport 1. Not much improvement from last year but I think that unfortunately correlates pretty will with the general level of interest.

ACO apparently had a briefing in Paul Ricard and Endurance-info posted a story about that. If I remember correctly there was quote from Patrick Peter who said they'll concentrate on tv coverage this year. Odd, if MotorsTV has not renewed deal?
Old 24 Mar 2009, 11:39 (Ref:2423505)   #13
AX lover
Racer

Netherlands
AX lover should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I remember correctly there were some Eurosport livestreams last year? Let's hope they will be there again this year!
Old 24 Mar 2009, 11:40 (Ref:2423506)   #14
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AX lover View Post
If I remember correctly there were some Eurosport livestreams last year? Let's hope they will be there again this year!
Still wondering what was that stream all about last year. The stream was available from the German or French Eurosport site and sometimes as a direct mms link. But then it only worked for the first three rounds, if I remember correctly. And it was weird since it was just continuous "world feed".

If MotorsTV is not showing LMS at all, then I think chances even for not-so-legal (justin.tv etc.) streams are pretty slim.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 14:44 (Ref:2424499)   #15
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
http://yahoo.eurosport.com/tvschedule_clng0.shtml

For Barcelona it shows (GMT) 9:15-10:00 and 10:45-11:15. And then highlights 22:00. On Eurosport 1. Not much improvement from last year but I think that unfortunately correlates pretty will with the general level of interest.

ACO apparently had a briefing in Paul Ricard and Endurance-info posted a story about that. If I remember correctly there was quote from Patrick Peter who said they'll concentrate on tv coverage this year. Odd, if MotorsTV has not renewed deal?
Interesting timings, start is 10.30 GMT so far as I know
Old 25 Mar 2009, 15:48 (Ref:2424532)   #16
deggis
Veteran

Finland
You would be late then... 10:30 BST (British Summer Time)

At lemans-series.com 11:30 is listed on the schedule, which should be local time and when converted to GMT it is 9:30.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Last edited by deggis; 25 Mar 2009 at 16:12.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 21:06 (Ref:2424748)   #17
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't mind no TV as long as there is a race-long internet stream. Most of us have good internet these days.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 22:04 (Ref:2424801)   #18
Stefvh
Veteran

Belgium
Stefvh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But, live streams come from tv channels.
Old 31 Mar 2009, 18:56 (Ref:2429969)   #19
Lipp
Rookie

Netherlands
anyone any news regarding TV-coverage of the LMS round in Spain?
Old 31 Mar 2009, 19:45 (Ref:2429992)   #20
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Shocking coverage in the UK for LMS.

Tom.
Old 31 Mar 2009, 19:55 (Ref:2429998)   #21
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Sadly all too predictable once they decided to go with Eurosport rather than Motors. Eurosport may have a greater footprint (but really, how much greater?) but it was always going to struggle to show 6 hours of anything with the variety of sports it covers.

I'm often inclined to be phlegmatic and think back to when we were lucky to get any coverage at all, but in this day and age it should be perfectly possible to deliver some sort of coverage package, and that the LMS organisers would appear to have monumentally dropped the ball here is disappointing in the extreme.
Old 31 Mar 2009, 20:04 (Ref:2430006)   #22
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Eurosport showing the race on the player?
http://player.eurosport.co.uk/
Old 31 Mar 2009, 20:10 (Ref:2430015)   #23
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80 View Post
Is Eurosport showing the race on the player?
http://player.eurosport.co.uk/
Don't know, but I hope so.

Tom.
Old 31 Mar 2009, 21:38 (Ref:2430095)   #24
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Umm... I'm afraid this might be misleading. The ad banner mentions on demand content but the faq still promises only streams of the three channels (1, 2 and the news channel). That was the case year ago when I used it during Le Mans.

Old 31 Mar 2009, 22:09 (Ref:2430121)   #25
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Acces live sport coverage and on demand content plus 3 tv channels
But I have only mobile braodband atm