Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 31 Mar 2009, 22:22 (Ref:2430130)   #26
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motors TV no longer has the rights. From what I can gether, Eurosport said they wanted exclusivity or they wouldn't show it at all.

So for this weekend, Eurosport will show 15 minutes before the race starts, then the first fifteen minutes of the race live, then 30 minutes of highlights at half past midnight.
Old 31 Mar 2009, 22:36 (Ref:2430141)   #27
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
whoever made that decision at LMS HQ needs getting rid off. A loyal and precise target market with 5 hours of exposure or a few minutes of exposure to an audience most of whom couldn't care less? If that's actually the case, then they're idiots.
Old 31 Mar 2009, 23:48 (Ref:2430173)   #28
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
whoever made that decision at LMS HQ needs getting rid off. A loyal and precise target market with 5 hours of exposure or a few minutes of exposure to an audience most of whom couldn't care less? If that's actually the case, then they're idiots.
I'll second that!

L.P.
Old 1 Apr 2009, 06:52 (Ref:2430323)   #29
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if that ADTHE site will stream it?
Old 1 Apr 2009, 14:42 (Ref:2430639)   #30
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
I wonder if that ADTHE site will stream it?
Those streaming sites can only stream what's available somewhere. If no complete feed of the race will be procuded and made available to any station, there is no way to stream it.
Old 1 Apr 2009, 15:00 (Ref:2430647)   #31
rustycrankshaft
Rookie

New Zealand
Dow' nunder
rustycrankshaft should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First post here, so hi everybody.

I'm absolutely gutted about the LMS coverage this year, Aston's first proper outting and we can't watch it, whats wrong with the organisers!

Just worth noting however, if you can get Eurosport France, they have a 1 hour slot of the finish of the 1000kms in addition to the coverage the rest of us get. Surprising as their are no peugeots competing. You'll have to look at their schedule, I think its 1800CET but not sure.

Not great but better than nothing, now just need to find a stream of Eurosport France... happy hunting.
Old 1 Apr 2009, 16:32 (Ref:2430697)   #32
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Motors TV no longer has the rights. From what I can gether, Eurosport said they wanted exclusivity or they wouldn't show it at all.

So for this weekend, Eurosport will show 15 minutes before the race starts, then the first fifteen minutes of the race live, then 30 minutes of highlights at half past midnight.
It's on Eurosport UK-

10.15am-11am Live

11.45am-12.15pm Live

11.00pm-11.30pm Highlights
Old 1 Apr 2009, 18:57 (Ref:2430799)   #33
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why do they go to all of the trouble of cameras, a production team, etc etc all for 60 minutes of TV time?
Old 1 Apr 2009, 21:52 (Ref:2430910)   #34
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, it's on for almost 2 hours on Eurosport UK alone, plus repeats, and highlights on other stations like Sky Sports.

Motors TV's coverage was comprehensive, but the audience is tiny, I still expect streaming LMS coverage to go live sooner or later.
Old 1 Apr 2009, 23:20 (Ref:2430957)   #35
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Television state-side, we get ALMS chopped, delayed, cut into for NASCoT. We get no LMS, at all. Across the pond, you all get LMS chopped, and ALMS total live coverage. Man, who's in charge of this stuff?

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 2 Apr 2009, 10:18 (Ref:2431211)   #36
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Same idiots thought it would be good idea if Le Mans reached 100+ million households instead of MotorsTV's 15 million homes.
Old 2 Apr 2009, 12:34 (Ref:2431335)   #37
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Same idiots thought it would be good idea if Le Mans reached 100+ million households instead of MotorsTV's 15 million homes.
Sure... god save those idiots! Wanna bet how much time will endure LMS with this "kind of" TV coverage? Do you expect the return of Peugeot or Audi, or some other make that desieres to bild up an endurance team with this marvelous coverage?

It is a good deal for Le Mans, no question about it, but a nive and clean throat cut on LMS!
Old 2 Apr 2009, 12:38 (Ref:2431339)   #38
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
Frankly, we have what we deserve, because as i see, the interest in discuss this theme is almost zero!!!! Do we expect some kind of protest? Are the fans going to show that they want a proper TV coverage? You can bet that i will show my opinion in the 1000km of Algarve...

Keep you arms crossed... that surely gonna make things change!
Old 2 Apr 2009, 13:25 (Ref:2431381)   #39
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
maybe so but there's no way the two should be linked together as a TV package. Eurosport would want the 24 Hours anyway as it's a good revenue earner, that's no reason to take the LMS coverage backwards from where it was last year.
Old 2 Apr 2009, 14:20 (Ref:2431443)   #40
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've stayed out of this thread and just kept a eye on what was being said and to be honest I am suprised there isnt more of a uproar than there is considering the coverage we are getting from Eurosport is as bad as it is. How many people remember the days when Eurosport did the FIA GT coverage? Even the FIA GT championship back then got better tv coverage than this and the LMS is a much stronger series now than FIA GT was back then.

I understand why the ACO have chosen Eurosport over Motors TV, but with the kind of coverage Eurosport are offering nobody much will be tuning in to watch the end of the race so why bother showing it at all?! Sure there will be the hardcore fans that tune in such as us here on ten-tenths but your average punter isnt going to watch the start of the race and then spend the rest of the afternoon switching back over for a 30 minute slot and then back to something else again.

Why oh why the ACO didnt leave the coverage with Motors TV is beyond me, if Eurosport were offering a decent tv deal for the LMS then of course that is where it should be, but going by what they are offering for this weekend at least they arent. Yes Le Mans may well get decent enough coverage but the LMS is important too.
Old 2 Apr 2009, 15:27 (Ref:2431522)   #41
Martyn_
Rookie

United Kingdom
Martyn_ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pretty sure last season there were some streams available from German Eurosport or something. I'd guess that some of the Eurosport channels (in other countries) are showing more than what we get in the UK?
Old 2 Apr 2009, 16:16 (Ref:2431568)   #42
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyn_ View Post
Pretty sure last season there were some streams available from German Eurosport or something. I'd guess that some of the Eurosport channels (in other countries) are showing more than what we get in the UK?
http://www.lemans-series.com/en/s52_....php?circuit=2

Tom.
Old 2 Apr 2009, 16:50 (Ref:2431589)   #43
Cuttlefish
Racer

United States
Seattle, WA
Cuttlefish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
Now who here has Nova TV they'd like to stream for all of us =)

Hopefully it'll end up as a torrent, at the very least.
Old 2 Apr 2009, 16:51 (Ref:2431590)   #44
Emillian Stoyko
Rookie

Bulgaria
Sofia, Bulgaria
Emillian Stoyko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Every race will be available Live and in full on the Eurosport Player. I greatly rocommend subscribing to the Players, because the quality will be far greater than regular streams and the price is not high at all, also there are discounts for a longer subscription. And combined with the Radio Le Mans commentary from Round 2 the coverage will be fantastic. Please spread around this info if you post on other forums.

Also the guy from Eurosport that was quoted has 6-weeks old info. Yes, the coverage on the main channels is not what it should be, but it's not quite that bad. For Spa the first 30 minutes AND the final hour will be Live. Also for Portiamo there is 2 hours and 45 minutes of live coverage. First 30 minutes and last 2:15 hours!
Old 2 Apr 2009, 16:53 (Ref:2431592)   #45
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMans.pt View Post
Sure... god save those idiots! Wanna bet how much time will endure LMS with this "kind of" TV coverage? Do you expect the return of Peugeot or Audi, or some other make that desieres to bild up an endurance team with this marvelous coverage?

It is a good deal for Le Mans, no question about it, but a nive and clean throat cut on LMS!
I'm struggling to understand this logic, each LMS event will recieve more live and highlights coverage, on a major sports TV station, than the WTCC and WRC. Just because each race is 1000k's doesn't mean live coverage of the entire race is necessary for the manufacturers and sponsors to get a return on their investment, in fact complete live coverage is unrealistic on anything but a niche TV channel.

Other than blue ribbon events like Le Mans I'll put money on the audience dropping more than 50% after the first hour, with the majority of general sports fans watching the series predominantly as a highlights package.

Personnally I tune out after the first hour when the pit stops kick in and keep upto date with the internet and RLM, ideally there'll be an internet stream that I can run in the background.

The future for series like the LMS is a TV package as is, and a comprehensive official streaming service.
Old 2 Apr 2009, 17:13 (Ref:2431607)   #46
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyn_ View Post
here in portugal they will show exactly the same as in UK.
Old 2 Apr 2009, 17:22 (Ref:2431616)   #47
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Emillian's comments are hugely welcome, and I think match closely with what what Jag has said and what I've kind of thought for a while. The future for sportscar coverage is almost certainly live, comprehensive coverage on a narrowcast platform - such as the Eurosport player, with highlights on something a bit more mainstream broadcast, such as full on Eurosport.

Where I think Eurosport, and the LMS could have scored a lot more highly is in making it abundantly and unambiguously clear that this is what they were doing; this is the real problem with the LMS in particular - it's really pretty indifferent at communicating directly with its supporters, and this undercuts some of the really fantastic work it does.
Old 2 Apr 2009, 17:24 (Ref:2431619)   #48
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Other than blue ribbon events like Le Mans I'll put money on the audience dropping more than 50% after the first hour
This even happens at the actual circuits! Silverstone had 50,000 spectators last year but the place was nearly deserted by the chequered flag.
Old 2 Apr 2009, 17:42 (Ref:2431641)   #49
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I'm struggling to understand this logic, each LMS event will recieve more live and highlights coverage, on a major sports TV station, than the WTCC and WRC.(...)
Huh? You got to be joking...

Quote:
(...)Just because each race is 1000k's doesn't mean live coverage of the entire race is necessary for the manufacturers and sponsors to get a return on their investment, in fact complete live coverage is unrealistic on anything but a niche TV channel.
Agree! It's unrealistic a full major TV (underline that) coverage of a 1000km. But, at least you should have the first and the last half-hour. Everyone, hardcore or not, that likes to follow motorsports, want to know how it ends!

Quote:
Other than blue ribbon events like Le Mans I'll put money on the audience dropping more than 50% after the first hour, with the majority of general sports fans watching the series predominantly as a highlights package.
I'm not an 'majority of general sports fans', i'm a motorsport fan and i deserve nor less or more that someone else.

Quote:
Personnally I tune out after the first hour when the pit stops kick in and keep upto date with the internet and RLM, ideally there'll be an internet stream that I can run in the background.
That's fine to me! Last year i kept my TV always tuned on Motors, with RLM on the speakers (I hove french Motors TV).... Give me an full live web streaming and i will shut my mouth!

Quote:
The future for series like the LMS is a TV package as is, and a comprehensive official streaming service.
Probably... but don't see very much future on an TV package as is. As i said, the minimum is the transmission of the first and last half hour. People cam follow the beginning of the race, listen to the commentators previews on the race, side news.... and then turn on to see how it ends. Then, an real highlights of the race earlier, and for 'real' i mean more that 26 minutes!!

Full live streaming on the web! Now, this one surely is the future for any kind of sports! Paid or not!
Old 2 Apr 2009, 17:45 (Ref:2431644)   #50
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emillian Stoyko View Post
Every race will be available Live and in full on the Eurosport Player.
All the 6 hours? CanĀ“t find nothing about it on eurosport website. Can you confirm that?