Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 2 Apr 2009, 18:14 (Ref:2431672)   #51
Emillian Stoyko
Rookie

Bulgaria
Sofia, Bulgaria
Emillian Stoyko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMans.pt View Post
All the 6 hours? Can´t find nothing about it on eurosport website. Can you confirm that?

Two hours ago it was confirmed by my boss, who should know stuff like that. Maybe the people in Paris have not had time to updade the web site. Just in case there was a miscomunication (unlikely), it's best to wait to saturday, or early sunday morning and when it's 100% sure that the full race will be shown, then subscribe.

But having said that, I'm almost (like 99%) certain that the full race will be shown. That's the main purposte of the Player after all. During the WTA tennis tournaments there are feeds of all televised courts, same with curling and snooker. So if there is a TV feed there is no reason not to broadcast the race.
Old 2 Apr 2009, 19:11 (Ref:2431722)   #52
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMans.pt View Post
Huh? You got to be joking...
The WTCC has two 30 minute races, sometimes warm-up as well, the WRC has 20 minute highlights at the end of each day.

The LMS will now have 2hr+ live/highlights on the day of the event, full race streaming coverage, and from the second round, RLM.
Old 2 Apr 2009, 20:13 (Ref:2431777)   #53
AX lover
Racer

Netherlands
AX lover should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emillian Stoyko View Post
Two hours ago it was confirmed by my boss, who should know stuff like that. Maybe the people in Paris have not had time to updade the web site. Just in case there was a miscomunication (unlikely), it's best to wait to saturday, or early sunday morning and when it's 100% sure that the full race will be shown, then subscribe.

But having said that, I'm almost (like 99%) certain that the full race will be shown. That's the main purposte of the Player after all. During the WTA tennis tournaments there are feeds of all televised courts, same with curling and snooker. So if there is a TV feed there is no reason not to broadcast the race.
Where can you subscribe and what does it cost? And you mention that the subscribe channel has better quality than the free channel? So there will also be a free live streaming from Eurosport?
Old 2 Apr 2009, 20:22 (Ref:2431787)   #54
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
The WTCC has two 30 minute races, sometimes warm-up as well, the WRC has 20 minute highlights at the end of each day.

The LMS will now have 2hr+ live/highlights on the day of the event, full race streaming coverage, and from the second round, RLM.
So... we are talking mathematics here, and not about fans enjoying their favourite races on TV! Well... i'm not mathematician but it seems to me that WTCC as full race coverage, plus qualifications, plus, sometimes, warm-up. Races endure 30 minutes, but the TC coveragge is about 45.

WRC. Truth... 30 (not 20) minutes highlights in the end of each day! No even an selected course live coverage during the day.

And, LMS will not have 2hours live/highlights on the day event. It will have less 2hours (or 3) from what it used to have. No race finish live! Thats like watching a football game (or something else) without seeing its last 15 minutes!
Old 2 Apr 2009, 20:32 (Ref:2431800)   #55
Emillian Stoyko
Rookie

Bulgaria
Sofia, Bulgaria
Quote:
Originally Posted by AX lover View Post
Where can you subscribe and what does it cost? And you mention that the subscribe channel has better quality than the free channel? So there will also be a free live streaming from Eurosport?
There won't be a free stream. I was comparing the paid stream this year with what we had last year, where the aspect ratios were all screwed up, plus with the paid service you'll have a choice between low/standart/high picture quality (that's depending on your internet connection).

You can find everything about the player here:
http://videos.eurosport.com/eurospor...r/teaser.shtml
Old 2 Apr 2009, 20:41 (Ref:2431812)   #56
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
There won't be a free stream. I was comparing the paid stream this year with what we had last year, where the aspect ratios were all screwed up, plus with the paid service you'll have a choice between low/standart/high picture quality (that's depending on your internet connection).

Think it would be a waste of money for me:

Off the FAQ.

What does the Eurosport Player offer consist of?
High quality live streaming : watch British Eurosport and British Eurosport 2 LIVE on your PC.

Tom.
Old 2 Apr 2009, 21:30 (Ref:2431858)   #57
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

It says access denied in my country . Anyone know of how else I can watch?
Old 2 Apr 2009, 21:52 (Ref:2431876)   #58
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
All excited about Sunday and the notion that I might actually be able to see the whole race live.

Bearing in mind what Sundays are often like, and slender chance of me being allowed to spend it all in the study, has anyone any experience using the Eurosport player, namely is it IP or username authenticated, and what are my chances of having it work on different PCs (all on the same network connection) at the same time?

Absolutely not a show stopper if this is utterly impossible - but figured better to float now rather than during the race itself!
Old 2 Apr 2009, 22:51 (Ref:2431918)   #59
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
All excited about Sunday and the notion that I might actually be able to see the whole race live.

Bearing in mind what Sundays are often like, and slender chance of me being allowed to spend it all in the study, has anyone any experience using the Eurosport player, namely is it IP or username authenticated, and what are my chances of having it work on different PCs (all on the same network connection) at the same time?

Absolutely not a show stopper if this is utterly impossible - but figured better to float now rather than during the race itself!
You enter the player with your email adress and a password (the password you get from Eurosport)...
Old 3 Apr 2009, 08:51 (Ref:2432120)   #60
Emillian Stoyko
Rookie

Bulgaria
Sofia, Bulgaria
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post

I have no problem when using the player on different PCs. The only problem is if people are trying to access the Player with different PCs at the same time. Then the system thinks there is passowrd sharing and blocks the account.
Old 3 Apr 2009, 09:44 (Ref:2432164)   #61
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I have no problem when using the player on different PCs. The only problem is if people are trying to access the Player with different PCs at the same time. Then the system thinks there is passowrd sharing and blocks the account.

If you are outside of Europe (Australia), is there a way to access the player.
Old 3 Apr 2009, 09:59 (Ref:2432175)   #62
TheKimme
Rookie

Denmark
TheKimme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8 US Dollars for a month. not bad, but if its Eurosport stream live on the internet its still only 2 hours of coverage
Old 3 Apr 2009, 11:27 (Ref:2432257)   #63
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
no .. from what i understood . it's the full 6h or 1000km

Ciao Marco
Old 3 Apr 2009, 13:14 (Ref:2432358)   #64
TheKimme
Rookie

Denmark
If its right, then i will probably subscribe
Old 3 Apr 2009, 15:00 (Ref:2432455)   #65
rustycrankshaft
Rookie

New Zealand
Dow' nunder
rustycrankshaft should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
no .. from what i understood . it's the full 6h or 1000km
I asked the people at Eurosport this question earlier in the week. The reply I got was:

Hello,

As on Eurosport, Le Mans Series will be broadcast on the Player. This event will not be more coverage on the Player.

Kind Regards,

I.e the coverage on the player is the same as the TV. Don't waste your money.
Old 3 Apr 2009, 15:03 (Ref:2432460)   #66
Johnny1lap
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wigan
Johnny1lap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://video.eurosport.co.uk/eurospo...r/teaser.shtml

on the side where it says "Don't miss in April"
it says
Motorsport: Le Mans Series from Catalunya (5/4)
Follow full LIVE coverage of the 1000km of Catalunya from 10am to 5.15pm BST.

£4 For one race,,, i dont know is its worth it and the test doesn't work for me

http://player.eurosport.co.uk/Subscr...x?offerid=1164
Old 3 Apr 2009, 15:03 (Ref:2432461)   #67
rustycrankshaft
Rookie

New Zealand
Dow' nunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
If you are outside of Europe (Australia), is there a way to access the player.
No but there are Eurosport streams on the internet if you look around. There is a stream from Eurosport France which shows the last 1 hour of the race.
Old 3 Apr 2009, 15:12 (Ref:2432469)   #68
Johnny1lap
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wigan
so is a eurosport channel going to show abit of the start and abit of the end?
Old 3 Apr 2009, 15:16 (Ref:2432472)   #69
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny1lap View Post
so is a eurosport channel going to show abit of the start and abit of the end?
a bit of the start, a bit after the bit of the start and then nothing.
Old 3 Apr 2009, 15:17 (Ref:2432473)   #70
rustycrankshaft
Rookie

New Zealand
Dow' nunder
As I can see, we only have 1hr 15 mins at the start, HOWEVER eurosport france also shows 1 hour at the end, 1600 - 1700BST so if you can get a stream for Eurosport France you can at least see the finish.
Old 3 Apr 2009, 15:26 (Ref:2432482)   #71
Johnny1lap
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wigan
http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?...EN&allowedDays

i assume that this will be the french eurosport stream then...
Old 3 Apr 2009, 15:31 (Ref:2432485)   #72
rustycrankshaft
Rookie

New Zealand
Dow' nunder
I assume so.
Old 3 Apr 2009, 15:37 (Ref:2432491)   #73
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
a bit of the start, a bit after the bit of the start and then nothing.
What they should show was a bit of shame in their faces! Sportscar fans are being treated with too much contempt. Like i said before, i can understand why they can´t show all race, or most of it like Motors did, but not transmitting teh end of the race it´s incomprehensible!

How about Patrick Peter? "We have a new agreement with Eurosport this year and TV production will be doubled this year. They will show the start and finish live plus other live broadcasts throughoput the race – 1.5 to 3 hours live per race."....

believing on rustycrankshaft words, only who gets french Eurosport deserves a minimum respect. The others.... there is a live timming for them! Just watch the numbers come up an down...
Old 3 Apr 2009, 15:49 (Ref:2432498)   #74
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It doesn't look like I will get anything here in the States
Old 3 Apr 2009, 16:48 (Ref:2432556)   #75
TheKimme
Rookie

Denmark
I'll just hope that there is a eurosport stream on Justin.tv, then i can watch the first hour of the race.