Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 14 Jul 2009, 00:00 (Ref:2501248)   #26
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
No doubt. The major components weighs less in the Acura I believe, so a larger percentage of weight is ballast. What is the ballast percentage on the Acura? Is it enough that it can be used for more than tuning? Still, if you take away too much from the front you are negating the benefits of those larger tires up there. Sure, you can re-engineer the car for smaller front tires, and change the aero and the balance to suit, but then you end up negating all the benefits built into the current P1 chassis (which, btw, would probably be one jaw dropping performer in the Porsche curves). If you are going that direction then upgrade from the current P2 chassis. Except then you are losing the benefits the P1 has in cornering and directional change, which then highlights even more that you have a 4 liter gas engine that doesn’t have the torque of the diesels, which is the reasoning behind the current configuration P1 car-braking, handling, corner speed.
Are we not talking about a Le Mans package for a brand new existing chassis?? Also would we not be talking about next year as a trial/tune with 2011 being the target with the diesels being cut back to 3.7L?
While not destroying the chassis for what it is now.

L.P.
Old 14 Jul 2009, 00:14 (Ref:2501252)   #27
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
When you say 'brand new existing chassis,' you are speaking of the current P1 car yes? What is earlier discussion then about smaller front tires and reconfigration? Was that the 'brand new existing chassis,' or was that something yet unraced?
Old 14 Jul 2009, 00:33 (Ref:2501266)   #28
bjwedgemtu
Rookie

bjwedgemtu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the acura could do well at lemans. The only issue is the 4.0 L engine. I think it is reliable to last but i don't think it has the horse power to push the car down the mulsanne. LeMans is a low downforce, low drag track for the most part. The high mechanical grip of the acura will allow it to perform well with lower amounts of downforce. Its just a matter of hp and lowering drag, both of which can be solved.
Old 14 Jul 2009, 01:15 (Ref:2501280)   #29
Gliding_Serpent
Rookie

Gliding_Serpent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would happily settle for them returning next year...
Old 14 Jul 2009, 13:48 (Ref:2501592)   #30
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Whatever you wish to think! It is not a redesign of the car but an aero package that is designed for Le Mans. There are several aero packages available for many cars, but that does not mean the car has been redesigned, just the aero.

L.P.
Thats what I meant, my mistake.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 14 Jul 2009, 14:41 (Ref:2501609)   #31
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
When you say 'brand new existing chassis,' you are speaking of the current P1 car yes? What is earlier discussion then about smaller front tires and reconfigration? Was that the 'brand new existing chassis,' or was that something yet unraced?
Yes, the current P-1 (ARX-02a) in both cases.

L.P.
Old 14 Jul 2009, 17:09 (Ref:2501691)   #32
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Oh, and everytime I see WR, I have the momentary pause of thinking 'Welter Racing?'
Yeah, I keep thinking that when I type it. Those two organisations are very similar too (ahem, HUGE COUGH)
Old 13 Aug 2009, 16:18 (Ref:2520881)   #33
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Well Patrón Highcroft Racing, Duncan Dayton, has said that "We are 100 per cent committed to the ALMS. Sportscar racing will always be the soul of Patrón Highcroft Racing" also "Le Mans is a very big goal for us. Not just to compete, but we are very focused on winning the biggest sportscar race in the world"

Gil de Ferran has also expressed a desire to remain in Sportscars and expand in 2010 to a 2 car team.

Lowes Fernandez is also closer to a deal in Sportscars and the ALMS than IRL and will not be a factory team in 2010. So if the program continues I would suspect we will see at least an Acura ARX-01b.

The P-1's are suspect at this time, just as all mfg programs are, per se. It is fairly clear that we will see Patrón Highcroft either way. Gil, to me seems much more tied to Acura (Honda), so we will have to see where those chips fall I guess.

L.P.
Old 13 Aug 2009, 22:09 (Ref:2521057)   #34
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Is there a second chassis available for Gil? It sounds like Acura has more or less lost interest in ALMS (hope I'm wrong) When I first heard that Gil was going to add one more Acura I thought it was Duncan's car, and that Duncan was quitting ALMS.
Old 13 Nov 2009, 17:50 (Ref:2581493)   #35
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
This certainly looks more than likely to happen now. Any news on how the Strakka car performed with the new aero on it?

L.P.
Old 14 Nov 2009, 01:01 (Ref:2581667)   #36
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pederb View Post
Is there a second chassis available for Gil? It sounds like Acura has more or less lost interest in ALMS (hope I'm wrong) When I first heard that Gil was going to add one more Acura I thought it was Duncan's car, and that Duncan was quitting ALMS.
Well I might still be right, the rumors are that Duncan is going Peugeot so that should free up one Acura.
Old 14 Nov 2009, 07:33 (Ref:2581758)   #37
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
As recently as yesterday, Dayton said that Highcroft was sticking with Acura-be it the ARX-02 or -01 isn't known, and they might field a LMPC car as a driver devlopment program.

I'd say that chances are that de Ferran is out of the ALMS or may be back with an Acura(same applies for Highcroft-LMP1 or -2 isn't known), as it doesn't make much sense to run a 908 in the ALMS unless it's known that Audi will be back fulltime, and who'll pay for it(Peugeot, XM/Panasonic)?
Old 14 Nov 2009, 17:01 (Ref:2581928)   #38
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
question is what could Pug gain by running a car in ALMS? they dont sell car's in the states but i guess it is more silver ware and bragging rights at the end of the day. Can not see a Peugeot being run on a privateer basis, if Highcroft go down that line it will pretty likely be in the same vein as the Pescarolo 908 at LM.
Old 18 Nov 2009, 23:43 (Ref:2584657)   #39
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Pug already said that thea wanted to be represented in LMS with a privateer , why not the ALMS too ..... and why not a privateer in Asia too . After all it was their initial intention to be represented in Asia .

You never know how the corporate requirements of a car manufacturer works out .

So it looks like 3 Acura LMP2's in the LMS . 2 for JAS & 1 for Straka .
Old 20 Nov 2009, 23:32 (Ref:2586129)   #40
HighcroftFan
Rookie

HighcroftFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Highcroft will run 2 cars next season, both the arx-01 and arx-02, both in the P class, they will not be run under the Acura banner though it will be the HRD banner in preparation for a full assault on lemans... just a guess
Old 21 Nov 2009, 01:57 (Ref:2586180)   #41
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Wooooo ..... hedging their bets ...... cool .
Old 21 Nov 2009, 16:16 (Ref:2586493)   #42
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Question is, who will Highcroft's driver's be?
Sharp has gone bye bye's to his GT2 team, will they be drawing on the experience of previous Acura drivers?
A la Montagny, Rossiter, Andretti, Fittipaldi etc.
Old 21 Nov 2009, 17:23 (Ref:2586521)   #43
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Well if a 2 car Patrón Highcroft effort does come to pass, maybe Duncan will fill one of the P-2 seats himself. Unless his neck has recovered enough to take the P-1 Gs?

L.P.
Old 21 Nov 2009, 18:45 (Ref:2586559)   #44
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighcroftFan View Post
.......in preparation for a full assault on lemans... just a guess
An educated guess, I assume?

Fascinated to find out the detail of the team's 'full assault' on Le Mans. On paper, one would have to assume the diesels will be out of reach. Best case scenario would surely be first petrol P1 across the line (and even that, I suspect, would not be down to outright pace)?
Old 21 Nov 2009, 18:50 (Ref:2586560)   #45
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Well if a 2 car Patrón Highcroft effort does come to pass, maybe Duncan will fill one of the P-2 seats himself. Unless his neck has recovered enough to take the P-1 Gs?

L.P.
Seeing Duncan back in ALMS as a driver would be great, he was pretty damn quick in the MG Lola in 06. So he is no slouch, im guessing with the driver line up's at Highcroft, it will be a case of time will tell?
Old 21 Nov 2009, 23:27 (Ref:2586707)   #46
HighcroftFan
Rookie

HighcroftFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess you can say its a very educated guess... no idea on the drivers yet, but when I know I'll try and post an update
Old 22 Nov 2009, 02:32 (Ref:2586764)   #47
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
the HRD banner
Typo...?
Old 22 Nov 2009, 07:32 (Ref:2586887)   #48
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Typo...?
Honda Racing Development - they were based just a couple of minutes away from where I live here in Bracknell, until very recently.
Old 22 Nov 2009, 07:39 (Ref:2586889)   #49
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
I guess you can say its a very educated guess...
That did (ever so subtly) come across - a very warm welcome to 10Tenths!
Old 22 Nov 2009, 12:46 (Ref:2587131)   #50
The Badger
Veteran

I was thinking the same ..... best of luck to Highcroft and all going well I cant wait to see what they will do with respect to Le Mans .

P1 & P2 ..... nice one !!!

Last edited by The Badger; 22 Nov 2009 at 12:57.