Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 3 Sep 2009, 08:50 (Ref:2533617)   #26
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Here's hoping we get either Audi OR Peugeot, this year. Last year was outstanding...

JWA finished in their first run out with the Vantage, this time last year...

Last edited by Tim the Grey; 3 Sep 2009 at 08:51. Reason: My cock up!
Old 3 Sep 2009, 14:50 (Ref:2533836)   #27
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
The car at Euston is the surviving 2008 chassis with current bodywork
Old 3 Sep 2009, 16:59 (Ref:2533907)   #28
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
really cant wait for this one, its the highlight of my year LMS at the Stone, however, it would be even better if Audi or Pug came along to spice things up, im looking forward to the Aston-Pesca-Oreca battle in P1 though and, shock horror, i cant wait to see Patrick Pilet in action in the IMSA Porsche, im looking forward a lot to GT2 this year, im praying for a Spyker win
Old 3 Sep 2009, 17:06 (Ref:2533909)   #29
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I see we have Mansell, Prost & Senna in the line up- I wonder if Piquet Jnr is in the frame for a drive then a smart thinking photographer can recreate that famous pit wall photo from the 80s!
Old 3 Sep 2009, 18:07 (Ref:2533955)   #30
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnage arnie View Post
I see we have Mansell, Prost & Senna in the line up- I wonder if Piquet Jnr is in the frame for a drive then a smart thinking photographer can recreate that famous pit wall photo from the 80s!
I don't see any mention of Senna in the entry list on the LMS website. It only shows one ORECA entry - for Panis and Lapierre.

I'll be there all 3 days (fortune permitting - I haven't had a lot of that lately!). Regarding the Friday free entry, it has been like that for a couple of years now if I remember correctly.
Old 3 Sep 2009, 18:22 (Ref:2533967)   #31
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob View Post
I don't see any mention of Senna in the entry list on the LMS website. It only shows one ORECA entry - for Panis and Lapierre.
My mistake-probably wishful thinking!
Old 3 Sep 2009, 19:10 (Ref:2534001)   #32
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
Looks like LAA is having a really bad run of luck since the 24 hours and one of their cars got punted by the Aston. Apparently their transporter just burned up on the highway with their car and all their spare parts. Here's the article on CorvetteMotorsports: http://www.corvette-motorsport.com/n...ures-again-116

DK
Chassis #003 is not more.

http://corvette-motorsport.com/news/...03-c6r-rip-117

Tom.
Old 3 Sep 2009, 19:18 (Ref:2534008)   #33
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
What a shame. That photo with the charred Vette in the truck is spooky.

Luc Alphand hasn't had it easy recently. Wonder how this will affect the rest of their season, with 1 LMS race to go, some FFSA GT to go and 3 FIA GT to go. Portimão, which is on the same day as Silverstone, may be doubtful if there's also FFSA that weekend.
Old 3 Sep 2009, 20:59 (Ref:2534075)   #34
FWX
Racer

FWX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So I think it's safe to say we can scratch LAA from the entry list for this?
Old 3 Sep 2009, 21:04 (Ref:2534079)   #35
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FWX View Post
I would say that is premature!

L.P.
Old 3 Sep 2009, 23:39 (Ref:2534138)   #36
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
They do have a second car (004) which they are supposedly getting ready for this weekends FFSA-GT race. However, they really don't need to show up at LMS since they've already clinched the Championship. Hey, don't P&M have two cars sitting around? Maybe they could send one over!

DK
Old 4 Sep 2009, 14:51 (Ref:2534458)   #37
FWX
Racer

FWX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
They do have a second car (004) which they are supposedly getting ready for this weekends FFSA-GT race. However, they really don't need to show up at LMS since they've already clinched the Championship. Hey, don't P&M have two cars sitting around? Maybe they could send one over!

DK
That was my thinking. I was surprised to see them on the entry list anyway for the reason that they've already clinched the title.

Although I was of the impression the Algarve FIA GT round clashed with this (and they would prioritise that over LMS if they're indeed running the rest of the FIA GT season); my mistake it seems!
Old 4 Sep 2009, 19:31 (Ref:2534612)   #38
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tickets are booked (however they have not turned up yet), I am really looking forward to it, as I have not been anywhere near a race track since Le Mans.

I will be around and about on Friday and Sunday, as my other half is dragging me to see Coldplay on the Saturday night, however I am dragging her to Silverstone next Sunday !!!
Old 5 Sep 2009, 18:55 (Ref:2535026)   #39
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That was my thinking. I was surprised to see them on the entry list anyway for the reason that they've already clinched the title.

Although I was of the impression the Algarve FIA GT round clashed with this (and they would prioritise that over LMS if they're indeed running the rest of the FIA GT season); my mistake it seems!
AFAIK, the only clash (which really isn't a clash) is when the FFSA GT and FIA GT both run at Paul Ricard on the same weekend (10/04 I think).
Old 6 Sep 2009, 09:07 (Ref:2535187)   #40
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here is a link to the (rather fabulous-looking!) entry list for the CER support race:

http://www.classicenduranceracing.co...ilverstone.pdf
Old 6 Sep 2009, 15:47 (Ref:2535358)   #41
tux1234
Racer

tux1234 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Luc Alphand will be at Silverstone with a C6-r!.
Old 6 Sep 2009, 16:45 (Ref:2535375)   #42
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux1234 View Post
Luc Alphand will be at Silverstone with a C6-r!.
Link?

Tom.
Old 6 Sep 2009, 16:59 (Ref:2535385)   #43
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, they are on the entry list, and you may want to check @ DSC.

L.P.
Old 6 Sep 2009, 17:07 (Ref:2535395)   #44
tux1234
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
Link?

Tom.
I read it on Luc Alphands website. This is the article loosely translated by google translate

http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...istory_state0=
Old 6 Sep 2009, 18:15 (Ref:2535443)   #45
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob View Post
Here is a link to the (rather fabulous-looking!) entry list for the CER support race:

http://www.classicenduranceracing.co...ilverstone.pdf
Neil Primrose looks like he might have a busy race!!
Old 6 Sep 2009, 19:52 (Ref:2535490)   #46
tonypowe
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cambridgeshire
tonypowe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just watched the ALMS race on MotorsTV and cant wait for next weekend now.

Been a few times now to Silverstone 1000km and everytime has been great. The sight of LMPs flying past GTs down Hangar Straight and then picking their spot to get through the corner is awesome!
Bring it on!
Old 6 Sep 2009, 22:42 (Ref:2535552)   #47
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
The McInerneys, too. BOTH of 'em... That is one hell of a start list. CER looks like a class race this year.
Old 7 Sep 2009, 02:01 (Ref:2535589)   #48
tux1234
Racer

Dont forget Bobby Rahal!
Old 7 Sep 2009, 13:25 (Ref:2535886)   #49
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonypowe View Post
Just watched the ALMS race on MotorsTV and cant wait for next weekend now.

Been a few times now to Silverstone 1000km and everytime has been great. The sight of LMPs flying past GTs down Hangar Straight and then picking their spot to get through the corner is awesome!
Bring it on!
A very warm welcome to 10Tenths!

Yep, can't wait. Just a shame the Pescarolo's DNF at Nurburgring has all but handed the LMP1 title to the 007........really hoped this would go down to the wire (needs the 007 to chuck it away for that to happen).
Old 7 Sep 2009, 14:00 (Ref:2535911)   #50
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Ooh. I missed him.

I also note Richard Mille, in a T70. He's the guy who sponsors Le Mans Classic, So makes even JR look poor!