Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 7 Mar 2010, 12:54 (Ref:2646605)   #51
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For interest, these were the quickest times in each class during last year's test days at Ricard. I assume they are using the same circuit configuration this year (?):

LMP1 - #11 Oreca - Courage-Oreca LC70-AIM - 1:40.903

LMP2 - #40 Quifel - Ginetta-Zytek 09S-Zytek - 1:43.355

GT1 - #72 LAA - Corvette C6.R - 1:53.933

GT2 - #89 Hankook-Farnbacher - Ferrari F430 GT - 1:57.888
Old 7 Mar 2010, 12:56 (Ref:2646606)   #52
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
For interest, these were the quickest times in each class during last year's test days at Ricard. I assume they are using the same circuit configuration this year (?):

LMP1 - #11 Oreca - Courage-Oreca LC70-AIM - 1:40.903

LMP2 - #40 Quifel - Ginetta-Zytek 09S-Zytek - 1:43.355

GT1 - #72 LAA - Corvette C6.R - 1:53.933

GT2 - #89 Hankook-Farnbacher - Ferrari F430 GT - 1:57.888
can you post the full list, but in anyway thanks
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 7 Mar 2010, 13:01 (Ref:2646607)   #53
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like Westbrook is returning to Prospeed for the full LMS Season after the demise of the GT2 European Championship.
Old 7 Mar 2010, 13:13 (Ref:2646609)   #54
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
can you post the full list, but in anyway thanks
Sorry, I can't link to my source, DAILY SPORTSCAR, and won't copy and paste from there. Perhaps the archives on the Le Mans Series website have overall combined times?
Old 7 Mar 2010, 13:25 (Ref:2646615)   #55
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
understood thanks
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 7 Mar 2010, 13:26 (Ref:2646616)   #56
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
New gallery of photos from this morning on Endurance-Info.com.

Old 7 Mar 2010, 15:54 (Ref:2646675)   #57
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nice pictures. Not much a fan of the new Acura 01C looks wise, although the new aero looks much cleaner than the 01B so obviously it would be quicker on circuits like LM and Ricard. Seems that this year's Dunlop tyres are very impressive from initial impressions, hopefully the tyres dont fade later in the year.
Old 7 Mar 2010, 16:40 (Ref:2646700)   #58
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Looks like Westbrook is returning to Prospeed for the full LMS Season after the demise of the GT2 European Championship.
Confirmed now on EI, Westbrook is back with Prospeed for the full LMS Season

Westbrook and Holzer are instant title contenders IMO.
Old 7 Mar 2010, 16:47 (Ref:2646702)   #59
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Confirmed now on EI, Westbrook is back with Prospeed for the full LMS Season

Westbrook and Holzer are instant title contenders IMO.
Is Marco confirmed to be driving for the full season?

Also I wonder what will happen at Spa, seen as last I heard Prospeed's driver line up was the LM one.

Tom.
Old 7 Mar 2010, 16:48 (Ref:2646704)   #60
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
Is Marco confirmed to be driving for the full season?

Tom.
I have asked him, will let you know when he gets back to me.
Old 7 Mar 2010, 16:51 (Ref:2646708)   #61
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I have asked him, will let you know when he gets back to me.
Hmm... I could have just asked him on Facebook lol

Tom.
Old 7 Mar 2010, 19:33 (Ref:2646867)   #62
sukispeed
Rookie

United States
San Antonio, TX
sukispeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Planet lemans just update there gallery.
Old 7 Mar 2010, 20:14 (Ref:2646906)   #63
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice View Post
nice pictures. Not much a fan of the new Acura 01C looks wise, although the new aero looks much cleaner than the 01B so obviously it would be quicker on circuits like LM and Ricard. Seems that this year's Dunlop tyres are very impressive from initial impressions, hopefully the tyres dont fade later in the year.
That swan neck wing looks a little out of place on the HPD in my opinion.

The times posted on Planetlemans show that the fastest GT2 times are right there with the GT1's. Is this a cause for concern, or just a test so we can't gain to much info from it?
Old 7 Mar 2010, 22:13 (Ref:2647056)   #64
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It depends how you look at it really, but the GT1 guys are using it as a test, atleast the WGT1 guys. I would imagine they will get a bit more on the pace tomorrow. Remember this year the calibre in GT2 is higher than its ever been, Prospeed, AF Corse, CRS, IMSA Matmut, Hankook, JMW, Modena, FBR, Felbamayer, BMW. I imagine the GT2 guys are pushing one another very hard from the off and hit the ground running unlike the GT1 boys who probably are not that bothered about setting quick times, more with getting used to new reg car's.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 01:28 (Ref:2647152)   #65
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
These are slowed down GT1 machines, so the difference between their ultimate pace, and GT2's will be less than the old GT1 and GT2 variance. I don't know what the final difference will be. Big Up's to Ratel and his grand ideas.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 02:15 (Ref:2647161)   #66
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
A Comment that struck me from Richard Lietz when asked by EI if Felbermay Proton had any developments for 2010

Have you any developments on the Porsche?
"We few, including the tires. We have wider tires, so the wheel arches different. These developments are generally normal, may be small, but provide significant changes. It is therefore work to do to find the right balance."

So the 2010 RSR Has even wider tires than last year? I thought the RSR was already on the widest tire availibe to GT2?
Old 8 Mar 2010, 04:16 (Ref:2647199)   #67
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
These are slowed down GT1 machines, so the difference between their ultimate pace, and GT2's will be less than the old GT1 and GT2 variance. I don't know what the final difference will be. Big Up's to Ratel and his grand ideas.

^^^^
What he said!

L.P.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 04:29 (Ref:2647203)   #68
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
A Comment that struck me from Richard Lietz when asked by EI if Felbermay Proton had any developments for 2010

Have you any developments on the Porsche?
"We few, including the tires. We have wider tires, so the wheel arches different. These developments are generally normal, may be small, but provide significant changes. It is therefore work to do to find the right balance."

So the 2010 RSR Has even wider tires than last year? I thought the RSR was already on the widest tire availibe to GT2?
I found an explination, on last years le mans, porsches runing on michelins ran 27/65-18 front tires witch are gt2 tires, this year it is posible that they are gonna run borh front and rear tires gt1 spec
Old 8 Mar 2010, 08:09 (Ref:2647240)   #69
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
^^^^
What he said!

L.P.
Concensus among people I spoke to at Le Mans last year was that the lap time differential between GT1 and GT2 under the 2010 regs would be approximately halved. Early indications from Ricard would suggest those predictions may have been pretty much on the money.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 12:26 (Ref:2647365)   #70
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
A couple of snippets from DAILY SPORTSCAR's morning update..........

Schnitzer have packed up and gone home due to engine problems which they are unable to fix at the circuit - DSC promising more on that in due course.

Also, Vanina Ickx is believed to be close to securing a drive at Spa and Le Mans with Signature Plus.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 12:34 (Ref:2647371)   #71
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Im sorry , but I feel that Ickx wouldnt be an asset for that car Mr.B .

I reckon the GT1 will have the legs on the Mulsanne , But I would have prefered to see bigger P1 , GT2 and especially P2 fields in June .

At this rate , I wouldnt be at all surprised if the GT2 Corvettes beat the GT1 Corvettes ..... one word for that ..... SAD !!!

Nice to see the petrol cars faster than the diesels , but to be honest I cant see that come June .

Any news at to where Collard will end up with respect to a P1 drive in the LMS ? Possibily with Sora or Pescarolo again ?
Old 8 Mar 2010, 12:45 (Ref:2647379)   #72
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Im sorry , but I feel that Ickx wouldnt be an asset for that car Mr.B .
I wasn't labelling that as good news, Mr B.........just news..........
Old 8 Mar 2010, 14:02 (Ref:2647439)   #73
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
are there any times from today morning, anyone know who was the fastest in gt2
Old 8 Mar 2010, 14:19 (Ref:2647450)   #74
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fastest this morning in GT2 was Prospeed with 1"59'213.

Relax arakis; its only testing.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 14:22 (Ref:2647451)   #75
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
Fastest this morning in GT2 was Prospeed with 1"59'213.

Relax arakis; its only testing.
is this from planetlemans? because there is something strange about their report it mentions af corse and hancook on top of gt2, but when i looked at the times the prospeed was the fastest?

I've been relaxing for almost 5 months now, it's time for racing, and i am anxius..