Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 8 Oct 2007, 18:45 (Ref:2035194)   #51
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
SuperGT attracting only 30k-40k specators?
actully Fire I think it should be said like this:

"SuperGT attracting ONLY 30k-40k specators?"
Old 11 Oct 2007, 09:43 (Ref:2037529)   #52
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Are the winners to be offered guaranteed LM 24 entries, if so in what class?

They then become eligable for the unofficial World Championship shoot out in June and "The 10/10ths Fans World Championship Trophy"
Old 11 Oct 2007, 09:48 (Ref:2037534)   #53
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that was the idea for 2008, however the low number of entrants (from which a bunch do not qualify as ACO-homologated) would never be allowed at La Sarthe
Old 11 Oct 2007, 14:12 (Ref:2037744)   #54
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not sure I understand your comment about low numbers of entrants not being allowed at LM. I appreciate the non qualifying cars not being eligible but why not those that are to ACO regs?
Old 11 Oct 2007, 14:23 (Ref:2037753)   #55
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
my point was that unless ACO-compliant entrants dramatically increase you won't get any at LM. This year we only have 1 (compliant) Courage LC70 and a (non-compliant) Zytek in LMP1 and further a tiny group of cloaked F3-like midgets in a fake LMP2 class..... GT could cut it but we have only a few outdated entries, save 1 Ferrari 430 if I remember correctly.
Old 11 Oct 2007, 15:33 (Ref:2037804)   #56
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
my point was that unless ACO-compliant entrants dramatically increase you won't get any at LM. This year we only have 1 (compliant) Courage LC70 and a (non-compliant) Zytek in LMP1 and further a tiny group of cloaked F3-like midgets in a fake LMP2 class..... GT could cut it but we have only a few outdated entries, save 1 Ferrari 430 if I remember correctly.
But this is an issue of trying to grow the series. IMO Whether you have ten cars that qualify in a class or just one is not an issue. The incentive needs to be there regardless. I guess I look on this as a similar situation as the FIA invite. If no one utilizes the auto-entry the ACO has lost nothing as they can still select replacements for that spot on the grid and if someone does utilize it then they still have to meet all the requirements of the tech & test/ "Q"ing. But by being in place it may encourage someone(s) to actually run an ACO compliant car in the JLMC. Just my thoughts.

L.P.
Old 11 Oct 2007, 17:32 (Ref:2037885)   #57
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with Horndawg. Have to start some place.
Old 11 Oct 2007, 18:48 (Ref:2037929)   #58
kingkai
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
kingkai should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man
Are the winners to be offered guaranteed LM 24 entries, if so in what class?

They then become eligable for the unofficial World Championship shoot out in June and "The 10/10ths Fans World Championship Trophy"
Meant to be for all classes. Like With the FiaGT this year, A entry for the same class with a ACO homoligated car. So with Vitaphone they could enter a ACO eligible GT1 car this year with there 2006 GT1 victory in FiaGT. So those strange LMP2 teams, the winner of 2008 could enter a ACO eligible car in LMP2 for 2009. But it seems we never will know for sure. Official statement on the JLMC site, it is going to be removed end of the year. Pity, I had hoped for a better future, when ACO announced the taking over bit of the JLMC beginning of this year.
Old 11 Oct 2007, 20:12 (Ref:2038016)   #59
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU N EGL
I agree with Horndawg. Have to start some place.
Well, they already did and it did not get very far even promising the entries. ACO in, old promoter out, let's go for Act II hoping it clicks this time
Old 11 Oct 2007, 20:43 (Ref:2038044)   #60
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Well, they already did and it did not get very far even promising the entries. ACO in, old promoter out, let's go for Act II hoping it clicks this time
I still do not understand what harm there is in leaving the incentive in place. Granted it may have not produced anyting yet but it has cost the ACO nothing for it to be offered. Why take away incentives when you are trying to promote something, especially if they cost you nothing in return???

L.P.
Old 11 Oct 2007, 21:31 (Ref:2038065)   #61
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
I see now where the misunderstanding is, I did not talk/ask/imply taking the incentive away. I was just saying that the incentive is only meaningful if the entries are ACO-compliant. having the incentive but not being able to use it is for the participants the same as not having it, but I was not advocating that it should go away !!!
Old 11 Oct 2007, 21:36 (Ref:2038067)   #62
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
having the incentive but not being able to use it is for the participants the same as not having it, but I was not advocating that it should go away !!!
Yes but that is stating the obvious, isnt it?
Old 11 Oct 2007, 21:42 (Ref:2038070)   #63
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
I see now where the misunderstanding is, I did not talk/ask/imply taking the incentive away. I was just saying that the incentive is only meaningful if the entries are ACO-compliant. having the incentive but not being able to use it is for the participants the same as not having it, but I was not advocating that it should go away !!!
Well I guess part of that is my bad also. As I was including kingkai's statement that the site says that it will no longer be offered when the ACO take over. And was tying your statement of "out with the old in with the new" to it.

L.P.
Old 12 Oct 2007, 05:41 (Ref:2038228)   #64
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
Yes but that is stating the obvious, isnt it?
I don't think so, I still do not understand what motivated Hitotsuyama to get the outdated Zytek 04s knowing they would never make it to LM.... maybe a long-term intention? At any rate the LM incentive has not been effective till now in bringing teams into the JLOC. I don't want to go again into the JLOC vs Super Gt discussion but the alarming lack of protos (and also GTs) in the series is a tough nut to crack, especially in LMP2.
Old 28 Oct 2007, 16:50 (Ref:2053400)   #65
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just in case anyone is interested Round 4 of the JLMC has taken place this weekend. http://www.lmchallenge.jp/jlmc/round4_result.html - Anyone got any news on the future for 2008?
Old 28 Oct 2007, 16:56 (Ref:2053405)   #66
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the GC-21 winning overall at Okayama, SERO giving back the organisation (to the ACO), only ten cars on track and no indications about an increased number of cars for 2008 it would say it does not look good.
Old 28 Oct 2007, 18:14 (Ref:2053465)   #67
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The problem with JLMC is that its trying to compete with a much bigger championship - Super GT.

What it needs to do is:
1) Expand beyond Japan. See 3)
2) 2hr45min ALMS style races, this will make it mnore attractive as a support event for.
3) Jump on the back of asian festival of speed events and get a support slot when the WTCC do Okayama. Try and get a slot doing a 100 minute sprint at Adeliade (sp i know) supporting the V8 Supercars like the ALMS does at Long Beach every year.

Last edited by johntt; 28 Oct 2007 at 18:16.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 28 Oct 2007, 18:40 (Ref:2053490)   #68
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.lmchallenge.jp/e/press/0707_03.html

I do have news.
Old 28 Oct 2007, 19:14 (Ref:2053537)   #69
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
If the link is what is being referred to as news, that is old and was announced in the same time frame when the ACO announced they were taking it over.

L.P.
Old 30 Oct 2007, 23:54 (Ref:2055467)   #70
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe now that the ACO is officially in charge it would be in need to ask there what they are gonna do with the series next year.
Are there any japanese 10/10ths users that can give us insights about what was the mood around the competitors? Are they willing to continue?
Old 31 Oct 2007, 12:22 (Ref:2055817)   #71
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-Eins
Maybe now that the ACO is officially in charge it would be in need to ask there what they are gonna do with the series next year.
Are there any japanese 10/10ths users that can give us insights about what was the mood around the competitors? Are they willing to continue?
Wasn't there some talk about allowing the SuperGT 500 cars in to GT1 and the Super GT 300 cars into GT2 in the JLMC ? Be more flexable on rules over there.

This would be to help get more competitors into JLMC
Old 31 Oct 2007, 12:37 (Ref:2055836)   #72
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
The whole point of JLMC was/ is to get more Japanese teams to race in ACO rules racing - Allowing the GT500s to race in JLMC won't help to achieve that at all
Old 6 Dec 2007, 17:43 (Ref:2082965)   #73
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
JLMC to be canned by ACO.(?) New Asian series to start in 09 with the 08 LMS Shanghai race to be the promo-race? link

L.P.
Old 6 Dec 2007, 18:01 (Ref:2082973)   #74
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
Interesting, but dang that google translation is bad.
Old 6 Dec 2007, 18:04 (Ref:2082977)   #75
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think before we attempt a third Asian series this time, there should be some guarenteed manufacturer support before they go ahead with it.