Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Nov 2001, 09:37 (Ref:169579)   #1
Crash and Burn
Racer

Crash and Burn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Irvine - is he worth the money?

The Ulsterman reportedly earns the handsome sum of £6 million per year, most of which is thought to come from his pay packet at Jaguar, and puts him in third place on the list of the top twenty highest paid British sportsmen.

Scotland's CART star Dario Franchitti is listed as eighth with annual earnings of £4.5 million, while 2001 world championship runner-up David Coulthard is ninth equal on £4 million. He is said to be earning the same as golfer Darren Clarke and top rally driver Colin McRae.

Boxer Lennox Lewis headed the rankings with a reported annual salary of £16 million, and Manchester United Football Club's best asset, David Beckham, was second on £6.5 million.

Do you think he is really worth this amount of Money?
Old 4 Nov 2001, 10:19 (Ref:169589)   #2
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
jiggly_puff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
def. not!!!!!
Old 4 Nov 2001, 11:20 (Ref:169611)   #3
ASR
Rookie

ASR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6 Million? Surely not just for driving !

Let's break it down:
1.2 Million Driving
1.6 Million Insightful & unparralled wisdom of press quotes !!
3.2 Million Juicy gossip

Maybe this explains the pay cheque? Yeah, he's worth it.
Old 4 Nov 2001, 12:26 (Ref:169637)   #4
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ford obviously thought he was worth it when they signed him
Old 4 Nov 2001, 12:33 (Ref:169638)   #5
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Re: Irvine - is he worth the money?

Quote:
Originally posted by Crash and Burn
Do you think he is really worth this amount of Money?
In a word...NO.
Old 4 Nov 2001, 18:04 (Ref:169771)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
"Ford obviously thought he was worth it when they signed him "
Well they were clearly wrong, any comparison of Irvine and PDLR's results this seasons shows this.
Old 4 Nov 2001, 19:29 (Ref:169807)   #7
I Ate Yoko Ono
Racer

I Ate Yoko Ono should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, he isn't.

I'd gladly see him paid £6m to get lost.
Old 4 Nov 2001, 19:39 (Ref:169808)   #8
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
jiggly_puff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by I Ate Yoko Ono
No, he isn't.

Old 4 Nov 2001, 20:47 (Ref:169831)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Re: Re: Irvine - is he worth the money?

Quote:
Originally posted by Ralf's Girl

In a word...NO.
Simple question and that's the simple answer. NO. On both past results and likely future ones as well, Eddie must be laughing (mouthing) all the way to the bank.
Old 4 Nov 2001, 21:15 (Ref:169842)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by I Ate Yoko Ono
No, he isn't.

I'm glad you're back

And yes you're totally right !
Old 4 Nov 2001, 23:06 (Ref:169892)   #11
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
With all the problems Ford is having right now, I'll bet they don't think he's worth it either!!
Old 4 Nov 2001, 23:13 (Ref:169897)   #12
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good point EERO. In one of todays newspapers, "10 things you didn't know about Ford" - its all about the new boss, who is Henry Fords great grandson, Bill Clay Ford his name is, I think. Anyway, he wants rid of Eddie Irvine from Jaguar.
Old 5 Nov 2001, 01:33 (Ref:169953)   #13
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
(here we go again)

Yes. He's worth it. He may be high on BRITAIN'S sporting pay list, but that means NOTHING. Motor Racing drivers get paid PEANUTS compared with Baseball players, the best American Footballers and most of the NBA.

Be real. Eddie has been like JV in that he's carrying a dud team along almost by himself. He does RIDICULOUS amounts of testing, more than 90% of the grid. I have never known any driver short of perhaps TGF himself to give so much information from a lap.

Actually, what am I talking about, no one's woth 6mil p/a, but hey, look at what the others are being paid. He's worth it. A good driver. (and before you say "what about PDLR then!!" I've been raving about him for ages too)
Old 5 Nov 2001, 13:03 (Ref:170152)   #14
timbo2001
Racer

timbo2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, maybe not 6 million pounds, but he is a fairly good driver, and at times somewhat underrated. look, 6 millions pounds really isn't that much, if you compare it to Michael Shumachers wage....surely even the best isn't worth the 100 odd million he gets either.
Old 5 Nov 2001, 17:50 (Ref:170296)   #15
facco
Racer

facco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nooooooooo...
All the Show, all the gossips, doesn't worth it.

There are more than 1,000 baseball players, f. ex, and three of them doesn't generate such scandal as this erv.
Old 5 Nov 2001, 18:21 (Ref:170314)   #16
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This reminds me of a interview with Benetton's (whole company) creative director. I cant remember his name, but the interview goes something like this:

Interviewer: You are paid more than creative directors in US, GB and Western Europe together. Congratulations.
Director: Thanks. That's what Luciano Benetton often tells me.
Interviewer: Well, the truth is - in last decade you sure did couse more discussions than all of them together.
Director: You see - I'm underpaid
Old 5 Nov 2001, 19:27 (Ref:170352)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 6 Nov 2001, 00:24 (Ref:170556)   #18
srinimax
Racer

srinimax should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well now you know why jac nasser has been kicked out
Old 8 Nov 2001, 15:31 (Ref:171939)   #19
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As Adam Ashmore mentioned in another thread, Irv earned £1000,000 per championship point. That obviously means that Jag didn't think the car was good enough to earn many points...
Old 9 Nov 2001, 21:27 (Ref:172720)   #20
zealot
Racer

zealot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Using that logic, how much did Bernoldi and Alonso get paid per point this season?
Old 9 Nov 2001, 22:37 (Ref:172754)   #21
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, Bernoldi is not paid by Ford or any other racing team or company, but Arrows are paid for him to drive via Red Bull. So I guess who was paid minus infinity per point. And as for Alonsi, who could've done better as a rookie in a Minardi?
Old 10 Nov 2001, 15:42 (Ref:172957)   #22
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by zealot
Using that logic, how much did Bernoldi and Alonso get paid per point this season?
Nothing.

Because:

1, They weren't getting paid by Jaguar to drive their cars as their no. 1 driver

2, They didn't score any points. Therefore no money