Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 13 Nov 2009, 19:28 (Ref:2581543)   #101
hoppelemine
Racer

England
Dorset, UK
hoppelemine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tarrant View Post
Go for it, you'll love it!!!!! And never want to miss another ever again!

I'm planning to do both LM events next year, the classic for the first time, the 24H as a marshal for the 6th time in 7 years (missed 2005 as was in hospital saving my remaining leg!).

Steve, it's so good to hear that your still making the trip and marshalling! I can't forsee me making it back to LM for a few years, but when I do I'll be sure to come and say hello.
Old 13 Nov 2009, 21:52 (Ref:2581615)   #102
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Go for it, you'll love it!!!!! And never want to miss another ever again!
Thanks Steve! I've only ever heard good reports from regular visitors to Le Mans, so I'm really looking forward to it. My only previous experience of endurance racing was marshalling at the 2008 Britcar 24hr at Silverstone, so I can't wait to hear the sounds of the LMPs "first-hand".
Old 16 Nov 2009, 11:40 (Ref:2582734)   #103
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's not the sound of the LMPs that will get you going, it'll be the Corvettes and perhaps the Ford GT if the rules allow.
Old 16 Nov 2009, 12:11 (Ref:2582761)   #104
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like Blue Nord for me again next year.
Old 19 Nov 2009, 17:17 (Ref:2585202)   #105
Timomies
Rookie

Finland
Finland
Timomies should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm planning also going for the first time. I actually saw my first Le Mans last year and I really liked it. Have to search some info about camping and other things first thou.
Old 19 Nov 2009, 22:27 (Ref:2585388)   #106
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timomies View Post
I'm planning also going for the first time. I actually saw my first Le Mans last year and I really liked it. Have to search some info about camping and other things first thou.
Just ask away on here, there's plenty of wise sages to give you the answers!!!!!
Old 20 Nov 2009, 07:56 (Ref:2585572)   #107
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Just ask away on here, there's plenty of wise sages to give you the answers!!!!!
Plenty of wise sages indeed - and me!
Old 20 Nov 2009, 08:44 (Ref:2585600)   #108
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Planning can take up months, most people here will have already booked tickets/ferries etc by now.

The first thing to arrange is camping everything else can be sorted later, if you have any specific questions about campsites ask away.
Old 20 Nov 2009, 16:48 (Ref:2585920)   #109
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's definate now, I have exams on Friday 11th and Monday 14th. Couldn't be worse.

I guess I'll just have to sit this one out. Will be odd watching it from home.
Old 20 Nov 2009, 18:53 (Ref:2585985)   #110
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Planning can take up months, most people here will have already booked tickets/ferries etc by now.

The first thing to arrange is camping everything else can be sorted later, if you have any specific questions about campsites ask away.
Equally planning can take days. I decided to go for the first time in 2007 in May, and was able to put together a perfectly decent package. Sure I learned from that, and have done things differently in each subsequent year, helped a lot by the advice and consideration of people on this board, but don't worry if, as time goes by, you haven't sorted every single detail!
Old 21 Nov 2009, 11:54 (Ref:2586376)   #111
Timomies
Rookie

Finland
Finland
Timomies should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, if you guys want, you could give me links to webpages that I might need
Old 21 Nov 2009, 11:58 (Ref:2586380)   #112
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
You'll find all you need to know on this forum, whether it's news about the entry, information on how to get there, or advice on where to stay.
Old 21 Nov 2009, 12:58 (Ref:2586406)   #113
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Check this thread http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116125.

The Club Arnage Guide to the 24 hours of Le Mans is quite simply the best and most comprehensive guide available. The link in the thread is for the 2009 edition, but the majority of the content is still relevant to anyone planning their 2010 visit. Enjoy!
Old 23 Nov 2009, 11:11 (Ref:2587736)   #114
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The only thing you need to get sorted at this stage is Camping, contact Nadine at the tourist office and then see what sites she has to offer, they will be at list price and no agency mark up, she speaks perfect english (as I am sure you do) and once you have some options of campsites you can always ask us what they are like. In general though the more you pay the better the site, and some fan sites are also very keen to not recomment the very campsites they use.

nadine.bouttier@ville-lemans.fr

T.No 0033 243 281269
Old 7 Dec 2009, 22:55 (Ref:2595789)   #115
Bottle
Rookie

Bottle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Standing Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
If you have a standing order and are a menber of the ACO you can order the same tickets again.
Is there really a standing order available for ACO members? And if so, how does it work? We've been going since 1998 and have never heard of this - possibly this is the reason we've been bumped to Beausejour for 2010!

Many thanks for any advice,

Mark
Old 8 Dec 2009, 15:22 (Ref:2596114)   #116
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
We were told this year , on the Tuesday before the race , that our was a standing order but we could not increase the ticket alotment anymore . I dont know the ladys name that Jimbo deals with , but he says that she is very helpfull and can speak perfect English .

The best thing to do is order your tickets for next years race at this years race .There is an ACO building outside the main gate , the road that runs across the end of the airport runway . I dont know exactly what its called though ?

So , I suggest when you arrive there in 2010 , you find this building and reserve your tickets .
Old 9 Dec 2009, 15:17 (Ref:2596718)   #117
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d275OgbbKew

Some advice on getting tickets!!
Old 9 Dec 2009, 18:17 (Ref:2596816)   #118
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi Guys

Quick question, looking to go for the first time next year, but still a little unsure about tickets and camping.

Is "justticketsandmotoring" trustable? Been told it's an official ACO agent and it does some good packages, but i'm just a little unsure how much I trust it. Any ideas?

Cheers
Old 9 Dec 2009, 18:20 (Ref:2596818)   #119
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There are plenty of outlets who will sell you tickets, although you will pay a premium for their services (but be sure of what you get). Just Tickets is one. I use 1st Tickets.
Old 9 Dec 2009, 20:29 (Ref:2596886)   #120
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
The only thing you need to get sorted at this stage is Camping, contact Nadine at the tourist office and then see what sites she has to offer, they will be at list price and no agency mark up, she speaks perfect english (as I am sure you do) and once you have some options of campsites you can always ask us what they are like. In general though the more you pay the better the site, and some fan sites are also very keen to not recomment the very campsites they use.

nadine.bouttier@ville-lemans.fr

T.No 0033 243 281269

unfortunately Nadine could only offer Beausejour
I know I left it a bit late .. but was waiting for confirmation from an "addition" to the group . so we are now 3 going
anybody know an agency that still have Houx or H-A ?? .. and hopefully without having to buy at least 2 entrance tickets at a premium ??

Ciao Marco
Old 9 Dec 2009, 21:21 (Ref:2596919)   #121
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedblood View Post
Hi Guys

Quick question, looking to go for the first time next year, but still a little unsure about tickets and camping.

Is "justticketsandmotoring" trustable? Been told it's an official ACO agent and it does some good packages, but i'm just a little unsure how much I trust it. Any ideas?

Cheers
I got my 2010 tickets from Just Tickets. They are highly recommend on Beer Mountain (google for that site, it's got loads of useful information), plus they were really friendly and with me when I ordered my tickets a few months ago.

The good campsites are probably filling up though, might wanna get a move on!
Old 9 Dec 2009, 22:19 (Ref:2596950)   #122
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cheers Guys

Will give just tickets a go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
The good campsites are probably filling up though, might wanna get a move on!
Thats why I'm making my enquiries now
Old 10 Dec 2009, 08:34 (Ref:2597154)   #123
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Most of the big agencies like 1st Tickets and just Tickets are good but you pay for the service, looks like Nadine has sold out of all the good sites so the agencies are the best bets at the moment. Tickets 2 u.com also seem to have plenty of tickets according to there web site.

If people leave it until closer to the event E bay will as usual be full of people either trying to make money and a few selling excess tickets due to over orders, also the ACO releases those tickets that were offered but not paid for.

I still know quite a few people who turn up at the circuit and go straight to the ACO then buy a camping ticket, no guarantee but they will always have something and you only pay the ticket price.

Last edited by GT6; 10 Dec 2009 at 08:46.
Old 10 Dec 2009, 09:05 (Ref:2597170)   #124
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
most of the agencies are british and i'm certainly not gonna pay for 2 entrance tickets at the price they're asking in GBP(even with a weak GBP ) for a camping ticket ..
if i won't find a good campsite at an agency . i'm gonna try getting via clubarnage like last year

Ciao Marco
Old 11 Dec 2009, 13:33 (Ref:2597892)   #125
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom

Officially going Le Mans next year! Got a pitch at Le Houx and by the sounds of it, it's a good one!

Whether this is the first of many or only time I visit I hope it's an experience to remember!

Bad news is...it's 7 months away. Boo!