Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Sep 2004, 13:13 (Ref:1091943)   #1
chrisrb2002
Racer

United Kingdom
Its's dark but I can see a bright light.
chrisrb2002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New helmet for TGF???

saw this pic on f1 live

http://f1.racing-live.com/en/photos/...iapo_116.shtml

looks lind of like the start on an Italian flag on the back side of the helmet.. any more info?
Old 10 Sep 2004, 13:20 (Ref:1091948)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sorry.

Just can't get excited enough to go looking.........
Old 10 Sep 2004, 13:24 (Ref:1091956)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You have to hand it to him. He is the sort of driver that can attract as much interest over a slight change on the helmet than entire series can warrent.

A nice touch for one of his 'home' GP at Monza.
Old 10 Sep 2004, 13:28 (Ref:1091962)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
To me Adam, more an illustration of just where you have to go to find "noteworthy" news in F1 right now......
Old 10 Sep 2004, 13:35 (Ref:1091967)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes you are right. The superb win by Kimi, Montoya's overtaking of Michael, the brilliance of Michael in wet qualifying, the resurgence of McLaren, the fastest road circuit race in the world are all things that are never mentioned.

It is just that more people follow F1 (for some reason) so more topics are covered. Although I am sure that colour schemes are mentioned occassionally elsewhere too.

I'm afraid I can not see why this story can be classed as a negative aspect of F1.

I obviously missed something, am I wrong to think that Senna's helmet always worked well in the JPS Lotus?
Old 10 Sep 2004, 13:42 (Ref:1091971)   #6
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Ayse. Do people ever stop you and your sportscar buddies and ask "Why are you so green dude?"
Old 10 Sep 2004, 13:55 (Ref:1091982)   #7
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Schumacher's used one-off helmets before and will again.

He's also changed his helmet design several times - look at his Benetton design from much of 1993 - it was quite different from his usual one.

And the world kept turning then, just as it will now!
Old 10 Sep 2004, 18:17 (Ref:1092178)   #8
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Re: New helmet for TGF???

Quote:
Originally posted by chrisrb2002
saw this pic on f1 live

http://f1.racing-live.com/en/photos/...iapo_116.shtml

looks lind of like the start on an Italian flag on the back side of the helmet.. any more info?
Can you tell if it's in a larger size?
Old 10 Sep 2004, 18:53 (Ref:1092204)   #9
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Once again the Schumacher marketing machine goes full throttle.

Michales Helmet is one of his most marketable trademarks.

When the Ferrari team wanted Michael/Rubens to change the helmet design so it was easier to tell them apart in the car Michael said "no - I'm the number 1" but then Willi Weber had a word in his ear and realised the money value in changing helmets and schumachers read helmet was born.

Subtle thing to note, the when Michaels helmet was white the crown of his helmet was blue, and Ralfs helmet was a yellow michaels with a grey crown, when michael changed to all red, Ralf changed to all yellow.

Michales done one of things with his helmet before as mentioned above.

Such as the chorme 98 japan helmet
or the USA 2000 USA flag in place of the german flag on his helmet (ralph did this too) - I also think they did this in 2001

Also in testing for the 2002 season I think both Ralf and Michael wored helmets that had half Ralf design half Michael design to show how close they are as brothers.

Other drivers have done it Coulthard recently.

I like it for a bit of one of fun, and it adds to the soap opera side of F1 now that the racing is glum apart from the odd moment.
Old 10 Sep 2004, 18:54 (Ref:1092206)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
Ayse. Do people ever stop you and your sportscar buddies and ask "Why are you so green dude?"

"Green"? Sorry, you've lost me there Wrex. I'm not green to my knowledge. Getting old, a tad too cynical and bored with with some of the things I used to love, yes, I'd accept that. What kind of a description is "green" for those who enjoy sportscar racing?

No. Never been asked that. And never met one of my buddies who's been asked that either. Actually, I think the question (as I'm probably misinterpretiung it) works far better in another direction.

Its all perception and expectation. What pooint would there be to an F1 thread without me to pour cold water on it.......
Old 10 Sep 2004, 18:55 (Ref:1092209)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore

I obviously missed something, am I wrong to think that Senna's helmet always worked well in the JPS Lotus?

Absolutely not. Probably one of the best colour-schemes F1 has ever seen.
Old 10 Sep 2004, 19:04 (Ref:1092221)   #12
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Along with Tom Pryce's in the Shadow.

darcym - I'm sure I read that the 'twin-designed' helmet for Michael and Ralf was such because it was a new model and the manufacturer only had one of them or something.
Old 10 Sep 2004, 19:05 (Ref:1092223)   #13
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Orange, white and green?
Oh, it's probably some old Irvine helmet.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 10 Sep 2004, 19:28 (Ref:1092243)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That's clearly it - the Schuey "Tribute to Irv" celebratory helmet. What a guy, always thinking of his erstwhile team mates.

Old 10 Sep 2004, 19:58 (Ref:1092269)   #15
Sultan
Veteran

Australia
Brisvegas, Australia
Sultan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
That's clearly it - the Schuey "Tribute to Irv" celebratory helmet. What a guy, always thinking of his erstwhile team mates.

That cracked me up...
Old 10 Sep 2004, 20:30 (Ref:1092289)   #16
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
There is a story on gazzetta about it. Its a tribute to his Italian fans for all their support over the years.
Old 10 Sep 2004, 23:08 (Ref:1092377)   #17
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Without being controversial. Don't you think it might just be 'a tribute to his Italian fans for all their support over the years'.
Old 10 Sep 2004, 23:30 (Ref:1092388)   #18
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quite neat really. With the helmet design he has, TGF could change the colour to suit the flag of the nation he's driving in. Then the whole world can feel like he's an adopted son, every nation's GP becomes a home GP, fans in every country can feel like they have a driver who can win their home GP, TGF can become a roving ambassador for the United Nations (he already is or was for UNICEF)... The marketing possibilities are endless...ummm Willi, that'll be 10% of your 20% please...

Last edited by Teretonga; 10 Sep 2004 at 23:32.
Old 10 Sep 2004, 23:44 (Ref:1092391)   #19
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
If TGF actually wanted to do something nice, how could he achieve that?

If you don't care about Michael's change of helmet then perhaps it is better it you don't actually care.
Old 10 Sep 2004, 23:56 (Ref:1092395)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Absolutely not. Probably one of the best colour-schemes F1 has ever seen.
Phew, I am allowed to comment on Michael's current helmet then.
Old 11 Sep 2004, 00:10 (Ref:1092402)   #21
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Of course you can Adam. I actually like the scheme he has chosen and I think it is a great idea to acknowledge the support of his Italian fans.
I don't think Micheals efforts are 'cheesy' or commercially motivated in this regard, I think Schumi is really at a personal level a genuine nice-guy who's prodigious and towering talent create all sorts of resentment in some of those who don't have it. My earlier post is just a reposte to the commercial side of things that revolve around him.
Mansell made no bones about the fact that he and his wife decided at a point in time that they were going to maximise Nigels earning capacity for his remaining time in F1 and Schumi has done the same. there is no shame in that. I'd do it too.
Old 11 Sep 2004, 01:16 (Ref:1092449)   #22
Nizmo32_josh
Rookie

Nizmo32_josh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FROM F1-LIVE

Michael Schumacher
“It is always nice to race in front of our Tifosi and so I am happy to be back at Monza again after two days of testing last week. We hope to put on a good show for all the fans who will be here to celebrate our recent winning of both titles. The colours of the Italian flag on my helmet is a small thank you to Italian Ferrari fans for all their support in the bad times as well as the good.”
Old 11 Sep 2004, 06:51 (Ref:1092622)   #23
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Not that theres been many bad times for Ferrari (and especially Michael) lately!
Old 11 Sep 2004, 08:19 (Ref:1092658)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
OK, OK, I'll get off Schuey's case. (Look, I'm even using a pally name for him instead of TGF...... ). Sure the Italian flag is a nice touch. I give him full credit for that. Shame Ferrari aren't going to deck out his car with the same full colour scheme - now that would be something worth column inches.......

Last edited by Aysedasi; 11 Sep 2004 at 08:23.
Old 11 Sep 2004, 08:21 (Ref:1092660)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Teretonga

Mansell made no bones about the fact that he and his wife decided at a point in time that they were going to maximise Nigels earning capacity for his remaining time in F1 and Schumi has done the same. there is no shame in that. I'd do it too.
That's 100% fair enough too.