Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 25 May 2002, 19:32 (Ref:296085)   #1
Lars
Veteran

United States
Junior Nation
Lars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nascar Tidbits

I heard that Jeff Purvis was released from the hospital yesterday after a crash last week in Nazareth that almost clamied his life? Man, one heck of a recovery or they just moved him to a hospital closer to home which is what I heard might happen earlier this week. Any ways, hope he gets well soon & everyone is praying for him.

Heard this on PRN radio today on my way to my daughter's soccer game and something that made me chuckle.

They interviewed Elliott Sadler & he said that he was called to the big red trailer along with Kevin Harvick after the Winston last Saturday. Kevin asked Elliott if his throw of his helement was intended for him. Elliott in his Virginia accent said to Kevin, "No sir, I hit my intended target". He went on to say that both him and Kevin laughed about it.

They also mentioned Kurt Busch's fine and that he said it wasn't an intentional hit on Robby Gordon. Kurt said he was going to apologize to Richard Childress & let him know it wasn't intentional. Whether it was a purpose hit or not, Kurt needs to keep it to himself...lol.
Old 26 May 2002, 02:05 (Ref:296277)   #2
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
Ax Slinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Intentional or not, he said it was, and that was good enough for me. I'll take his initial word for it, and chaulk up the latter comments as a "Maybe I shoulda kept my big mouth shut" reaction to the fine.
Old 26 May 2002, 10:45 (Ref:296480)   #3
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why did Sadler throw his helmet?
Old 26 May 2002, 20:15 (Ref:296908)   #4
Lars
Veteran

United States
Junior Nation
Lars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree Tim...just keep the yap shut. He payed for having a big one...lol. Kurt's still a young 'en and will learn. Rusty & Dale Sr. are/were great ones for taking a guy out and saying...who me?

Sadler threw his helment at Ryan because Ryan had been ramming into the back of Elliott's car for a few laps trying to get around him, before Ryan decided it was time to take him out. For this reason, I don't care for Ryan. He did that same thing to Matt last year in a Busch race. I guess Elliott, as well as Matt, should have realized Ryan had a faster car, but I feel if you have a faster car, you need to earn your next postion, not expect the guy in front of you to pull over and let you by.

It's always a fine line...if you get the guy loose & get around...it's a great racing move. If he ends up in the wall...your a bad driver. It's just a matter of perfecting it with some of these young drivers.

Last edited by Lars; 26 May 2002 at 20:19.
Old 27 May 2002, 13:06 (Ref:297489)   #5
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a bit o contact isnt bad, its good to watch

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock