Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 10 Jun 2003, 13:59 (Ref:627114)   #1
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Come and meet Gilles (and me)

Gilles and I will be found in the Village on the Automobile Historique stand.
Automobile Historique is a great magazine if you are interested in the history of the sport up to the '70s, and it's available with an English translation by - guess who (no, not Gilles).
We have several goodies as well as the magazine, so please drop round for a chat.
See you there!!

Old 10 Jun 2003, 14:08 (Ref:627122)   #2
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Re: Come and meet Gilles (and me)

Quote:
Originally posted by Kpy
Gilles and I will be found in the Village on the Automobile Historique stand.
Automobile Historique is a great magazine if you are interested in the history of the sport up to the '70s, and it's available with an English translation by - guess who (no, not Gilles).
We have several goodies as well as the magazine, so please drop round for a chat.
See you there!!

Christopher, do you know where's your shop in the Village ?
Old 10 Jun 2003, 14:12 (Ref:627127)   #3
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Re: Re: Come and meet Gilles (and me)

Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Christopher, do you know where's your shop in the Village ?
No, but I will know when I get there tomorrow. Gilles or i will post our location when we can.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 15:42 (Ref:627234)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
To be sure, we'll pop along and see you. Will you get to see much of the race though?
Old 10 Jun 2003, 16:20 (Ref:627272)   #5
Kpy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
To be sure, we'll pop along and see you. Will you get to see much of the race though?
I shall be watching the race. Not so sure about the other two! Please bring 'Stoffer with you. Might see you near Willie's GT 40 in the Legends paddock.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 16:21 (Ref:627273)   #6
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
See you there Wednesday PM or some time Thursday.

Simon
Old 10 Jun 2003, 16:23 (Ref:627277)   #7
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I will also be passing by at some point over the weekend......
Old 10 Jun 2003, 18:20 (Ref:627392)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Kpy
I shall be watching the race. Not so sure about the other two! Please bring 'Stoffer with you. Might see you near Willie's GT 40 in the Legends paddock.

Sadly Stoffer won't be there this year. Willie will have to uphold family honours.....
Old 10 Jun 2003, 18:20 (Ref:627394)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
By the way, where is the Legends paddock likely to be situated? Stoffer and I tried to find it in 2001 but lucked out.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 20:48 (Ref:627560)   #10
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We should see you at some point this weekend then!
Old 10 Jun 2003, 22:31 (Ref:627647)   #11
Kpy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
By the way, where is the Legends paddock likely to be situated? Stoffer and I tried to find it in 2001 but lucked out.
I won't know until tomorrow, when I get there. Look forward to seeing you at the circuit.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 23:18 (Ref:627678)   #12
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Could it be I've met Gilles without realising it? A terribly nice chap on the Automobile Historique stand helped me select some good magazines back in September, and this coming weekend is marked on an Automobile Historique calendar which is proudly affixed to the kitchen wall.

Will be sure to introduce myself this year - and Kpy, we'll have that dinner yet!
Old 11 Jun 2003, 05:19 (Ref:627826)   #13
Kpy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by TimD

Will be sure to introduce myself this year - and Kpy, we'll have that dinner yet!
This is Gilles first year with Automobile Historique. So if you've met him, it wasn't there. He's well worth meeting though.
As for that dinner, Tim, yes, any time you like!

Old 11 Jun 2003, 19:41 (Ref:628719)   #14
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So where is your stand located then? Since I have to meet y'all there to be carried off to the finest dinner of my life!

E-mail me and let me know or post it here and we'll all come over.
Old 11 Jun 2003, 21:17 (Ref:628908)   #15
Kpy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
So where is your stand located then? Since I have to meet y'all there to be carried off to the finest dinner of my life!

E-mail me and let me know or post it here and we'll all come over.
We are just behind the General Motors Stand in the middle of the Village. Facing the Autosport stand go right then immediately left, past Michelin guide stand. We are a few metres further on . Ring gilles if you are left or I am post no 1055 in the media centre.
Another way to find us is to come through the tunnel from the main (museum) entrance, bear left and take first right we are then 50 metres on the right.
See you all there.
Old 11 Jun 2003, 21:24 (Ref:628919)   #16
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll drop by your desk in the morning -- I have an interview at Nasamax at 9:00 a.m. so will be out early tomorrow == and leave a note. Otherwise I'll find the stand and say hello between engagements -- either way we will get together. Looking forward to it!
Old 12 Jun 2003, 19:24 (Ref:629768)   #17
Kpy
Veteran

Liz
Thanks for the note at my post.
I am covering the Legends and so was in their paddock and watching practice out at the esses, then back to their paddock.
I shall be out tasting wines with Gilles tomorrow am, but Gilles will be around. He has a dentist appointment in the afternoon, but will be back to find you later.
I have emailed you my mobile number.
Old 13 Jun 2003, 07:49 (Ref:630284)   #18
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
If you get this one, Kpy, I'll be on the spot this afternoon, I'll semd you an sms when I'll be in the pitlane...
Old 13 Jun 2003, 10:13 (Ref:630377)   #19
Liz
Veteran

Thanks, I'm heading up to your stall in the Village now. It's shopping time!
Old 16 Jun 2003, 11:17 (Ref:632809)   #20
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
so here they are, Gilles and KPY

Attached Thumbnails
33.jpg  
Old 16 Jun 2003, 20:54 (Ref:633460)   #21
powermite
Rookie

powermite should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And a very nice pair they are too!!!!!!
thanks again for a great meal on Friday chaps.
PM
Old 17 Jun 2003, 04:50 (Ref:633743)   #22
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by powermite
And a very nice pair they are too!!!!!!
thanks again for a great meal on Friday chaps.
PM
I misssed you again John !!! Let's hope for next year !
Old 18 Jun 2003, 11:06 (Ref:635385)   #23
Liz
Veteran

Yes, from me too -- thanks for a great time Friday and some of the best food I have eaten in a long time. I have also learned that at least in France there are such things as "duck arms" as this is what the menu said that I ate!

Also enjoyed meeting everyone at the High Noon Wine and Rain Party at the Champagne Tent -- photos to follow when I get unpacked and find my film.

It was great meeting everyone and I'm already preparing for next year.