Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 17 Feb 2015, 18:16 (Ref:3505851)   #251
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav1s View Post
Judging by the last few events I have been to in NZ, I would rather watch on TV and have the luxury to switch it off and go do something else if I dont like what I see.

The atmosphere at the V8ST, NZV8 sort of events here has been near on depressing. I will admit I didnt make it to the NZFMR at Hamptons or Australian GT at Highlands. But the equivalent of the events i used to go to (Tier one in the north island), none of the current versions even touches what I remember and what it used to be in terms of good racing with top drivers (NZV8s, GT3 Cup etc).

Now you watch small grids with "no names" battling it out and average racing. Not worth a day or two out in the sun/rain now is it?

The paddock atmosphere is just as bad from a fan point of view.
Exactly. What was Tier One now looks more like a club day.
Old 18 Feb 2015, 04:14 (Ref:3506025)   #252
tailgater
Rookie

tailgater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think this thread will have any relevance much longer, I have heard that the V8ST powers to be have dissolved the championship, probably a fair and prudent call
Old 18 Feb 2015, 05:14 (Ref:3506032)   #253
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailgater View Post
I don't think this thread will have any relevance much longer, I have heard that the V8ST powers to be have dissolved the championship, probably a fair and prudent call

Not quite right, V8ST cancelled the South Island round, and will make a decision on the Pukekohe round within 14 day's.
Old 18 Feb 2015, 05:18 (Ref:3506034)   #254
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mark, which south island round has been cancelled? Or have they canned both levels and ruapuna?
Thanks
Stu
Old 18 Feb 2015, 06:49 (Ref:3506050)   #255
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
Mark, which south island round has been cancelled? Or have they canned both levels and ruapuna?
Thanks
Stu
Stu, both South Island rounds have been cancelled due to a lack of commercially viable entries [5 as of yesterday] however, most of us expected that another 2, possibly 3 cars would have entered, but lets face it anything less than 12 cars is just not commercially viable.

A decision on Pukekohe round on the 12 April is to be made within 14 day's.
Old 18 Feb 2015, 07:05 (Ref:3506054)   #256
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Buggar!!
Thank you for the info tho....lets hope next season goes well.
Old 18 Feb 2015, 07:10 (Ref:3506056)   #257
bluespur
Racer

bluespur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hate to even start this comment but the time is now for NZST to dissolve and a new group that incorporates all of our three V8 touring car categories gets created that can put up a viable management structure for V8 Touring Cars in this country -

there are enough people around to make it happen - some beliefs will need to be put to bed for this to be achieved but absolutely nothing is being advanced in either category at the present.
Old 18 Feb 2015, 07:15 (Ref:3506058)   #258
Tom bear
Rookie

Tom bear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No surprise the series fallen over!

Flat out cheating..I got told by a tech steward that a car owner laughed at him when they found illegal parts on the car..

Everyone in the series knew people were cheating ..

Also the person who stated the series made promises he didn't keep when doing a con job selling cars..

It's ashame a cheating few and com men ruined a perfectly good series

With 5cars left time to admit its dead..

Have a good night folks..I'm off to urge bar
Old 18 Feb 2015, 07:33 (Ref:3506061)   #259
tailgater
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom bear View Post
No surprise the series fallen over!

Flat out cheating..I got told by a tech steward that a car owner laughed at him when they found illegal parts on the car..

Everyone in the series knew people were cheating ..

Also the person who stated the series made promises he didn't keep when doing a con job selling cars..

It's ashame a cheating few and com men ruined a perfectly good series

With 5cars left time to admit its dead..

Have a good night folks..I'm off to urge bar

As much as this guy is comical I have actually heard the same stories, I think it would be fair to admit this series has been a huge failure, as a fan I was hopeful it would last more than a few seasons, possibly the shortest lived motorrace championship in history, someone has got something seriously wrong and should put hands up so people can learn from these mistakes and move on.
Old 18 Feb 2015, 07:40 (Ref:3506064)   #260
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluespur View Post
I hate to even start this comment but the time is now for NZST to dissolve and a new group that incorporates all of our three V8 touring car categories gets created that can put up a viable management structure for V8 Touring Cars in this country -

there are enough people around to make it happen - some beliefs will need to be put to bed for this to be achieved but absolutely nothing is being advanced in either category at the present.
Agree 100%. Something has to happen soon or we wont have any decent or even half decent v8 grids.

I can't help but think MSNZ have let everyone down, including the TLX guys.

Where to from here.....?
Old 18 Feb 2015, 08:05 (Ref:3506071)   #261
20b
Rookie

New Zealand
Auckland
20b should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NZST Fan, from here I'm not really sure where they go. For the past three years we've had talks of an imminent merger but nothing ever comes of these rumors and supposed talks between the two classes.

I guess for SuperTourers there comes a point where the series is no longer viable, but hey, we had eight cars at the last round and they appeared contempt despite the low numbers, so who knows how low they'll allow numbers go until they pull the plug entirely.

Should a merger occur between the two factions, I can't imagine NZV8s will want to drop the name. Either way someone is going to lose out, I'm afraid that'll be SuperTourers unfortunately. Too many egos and too much drama for either side to come out clean from this I'd say. Ian Booth has said on a few occasions he's open to the idea of a merger, but from what I gather Booth isn't as cooperative as what he appears to be on the face of things.

I would finish this by saying 'rumour has it there's a merger on the way' but go figure...
Old 18 Feb 2015, 08:10 (Ref:3506072)   #262
Jim race fan
Rookie

Australia
Jim race fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is the end for v8ST how much longer NZV8s last is anyone's guess, one thing I wouldn't count on is any ST team defecting, they have already shelled out $300,000.00 for a lemon
Old 18 Feb 2015, 08:14 (Ref:3506073)   #263
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim race fan View Post
This is the end for v8ST how much longer NZV8s last is anyone's guess, one thing I wouldn't count on is any ST team defecting, they have already shelled out $300,000.00 for a lemon
oh well. there's always GTRNZ or South/North Island Endurance Series.
Old 18 Feb 2015, 09:00 (Ref:3506084)   #264
tailgater
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
Agree 100%. Something has to happen soon or we wont have any decent or even half decent v8 grids.

I can't help but think MSNZ have let everyone down, including the TLX guys.

Where to from here.....?
mate do you think there is anyway that v8st have actually made bad decisions? we haven't had any decent v8 grids since after season 2 of v8st, things have gone down hill pretty quick since then, ever considered that maybe the whole concept is flawed and has no relevance in NZ anymore? These arguments seem to be based around which silhouette car with which crate motor to run in which championship, maybe the whole lot is a waste of time? It would certainly seem to be blindingly obvious seeing as just about every other category has grown in the time our beloved v8 championship/s have fallen to a disgraceful level. Wake up.
Old 18 Feb 2015, 09:22 (Ref:3506093)   #265
Jim race fan
Rookie

Australia
Jim race fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
mate do you think there is anyway that v8st have actually made bad decisions? we haven't had any decent v8 grids since after season 2 of v8st, things have gone down hill pretty quick since then, ever considered that maybe the whole concept is flawed and has no relevance in NZ anymore? These arguments seem to be based around which silhouette car with which crate motor to run in which championship, maybe the whole lot is a waste of time? It would certainly seem to be blindingly obvious seeing as just about every other category has grown in the time our beloved v8 championship/s have fallen to a disgraceful level. Wake up.
To be fair V8SC aren't relevant anymore, won't be long till we are saying the same thing about them, I hope SVG ends up in Nissan when Aus GT is the premier category
Old 18 Feb 2015, 10:01 (Ref:3506107)   #266
CDM
Racer

CDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
oh well. there's always GTRNZ or South/North Island Endurance Series.
What makes you think that the SI Enduro series would want to pick up the pieces from this V8 s**t fight? The cars don't actually meet the eligibility criteria, and they don't need the overinflated egos and bs that goes with it.

Maybee they might let a couple in, perhaps just those who have supported the Enduro series in the past, but I can tell you that there is no way that there will be room for up to 20 obsolete cars.
Old 18 Feb 2015, 10:57 (Ref:3506128)   #267
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
As much as this guy is comical I have actually heard the same stories, I think it would be fair to admit this series has been a huge failure, as a fan I was hopeful it would last more than a few seasons, possibly the shortest lived motorrace championship in history,
shame really, never got to see them in the flesh, but then havn't had much time for lawnmower races for a few years.

Quote:
someone has got something seriously wrong and should put hands up so people can learn from these mistakes and move on.
Mark Petch, put your hand up.......... you have the floor, please explain why you created and then onsold a lemon, and up until recently , posted about how to fix the problems in top level NZ motorsport that you helped to create.

all ears, cobber.
Old 18 Feb 2015, 18:05 (Ref:3506243)   #268
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM View Post
What makes you think that the SI Enduro series would want to pick up the pieces from this V8 s**t fight? The cars don't actually meet the eligibility criteria, and they don't need the overinflated egos and bs that goes with it.

Maybee they might let a couple in, perhaps just those who have supported the Enduro series in the past, but I can tell you that there is no way that there will be room for up to 20 obsolete cars.
hmm maybe just GTRNZ then.
Old 18 Feb 2015, 19:15 (Ref:3506273)   #269
Tom bear
Rookie

Tom bear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about when petch got on tv3 news and started slagging off the australian v8sc management saying they are scared and v8st is going to take them over.

What a flaming idiot
Old 18 Feb 2015, 21:16 (Ref:3506312)   #270
ElCoyote
Rookie

ElCoyote should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
What about when petch got on tv3 news and started slagging off the australian v8sc management saying they are scared and v8st is going to take them over.

What a flaming idiot
+ 100
Old 18 Feb 2015, 21:37 (Ref:3506318)   #271
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, that was a bit of a dumb move.

That said, he also managed to get a staggering number of people to invest in the sport and went along way to make the sport a decent entertainment proposition.

Quote:
I got told by a tech steward that a car owner laughed at him when they found illegal parts on the car..
Seems to be a common theme across multiple classes that cheating is okay as long as it's a mate doing it or you've get a tall tale to tell at the end of it....Did the Tech Steward do anything about it?
Old 18 Feb 2015, 21:43 (Ref:3506320)   #272
Racetroll
Rookie

Racetroll should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post

Seems to be a common theme across multiple classes that cheating is okay as long as it's a mate doing it or you've get a tall tale to tell at the end of it....Did the Tech Steward do anything about it?
I'd question if they were a Sanctioned Series at the time of this alleged incident. If they weren't and their tech rules were outside of schedule z, there is nothing a scrutineer, clerk of course or the stewards could do about it.
Old 18 Feb 2015, 22:18 (Ref:3506340)   #273
ertvz
Rookie

New Zealand
Oamaru New Zealand
ertvz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i had all ready brought my tickets on line. now what happens?
Old 18 Feb 2015, 23:29 (Ref:3506376)   #274
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ertvz View Post
i had all ready brought my tickets on line. now what happens?
The motorsport fan is so far down the list of priorities for V8ST and MSNZ I would be surprised if that issue has even crossed their minds. They will probably be surprised someone actually paid for a ticket!
Old 18 Feb 2015, 23:48 (Ref:3506385)   #275
Racetroll
Rookie

Racetroll should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikuni View Post
The motorsport fan is so far down the list of priorities for V8ST and MSNZ I would be surprised if that issue has even crossed their minds. They will probably be surprised someone actually paid for a ticket!
Please tell me what this has to do with MSNZ?