Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 4 May 2011, 09:17 (Ref:2873900)   #1
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2011 10Tenths Garage Visit - CONFIRMED!!!!!

Time for an update........

Further to my post a couple of months ago, in which I confidently announced that there WOULD be a 10Tenths garage visit on the Friday afternoon at Le Mans this year, I need to backtrack somewhat (with sincere apologies) from that position.

I am not saying there will not be a garage visit, but as things stand, and for reasons beyond my control, I have been unable to move things forward since an initial agreement was made with the team in question.

I'll keep you posted,
James

Last edited by Bentley03; 4 May 2011 at 13:37. Reason: Can't spell........
Old 4 May 2011, 19:15 (Ref:2874175)   #2
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
well if it does not happen it will be a shame but it will give us more time at St saturin, I might even buy you and Andrew a beer so we can feel sorry together
Old 4 May 2011, 19:40 (Ref:2874190)   #3
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Thanks for the update James - and like many others very much appreciate all your efforts in this area.

If it doesn't come off I'm sure we can always find plenty of other things to keep ourselves amused.
Old 16 May 2011, 21:16 (Ref:2881284)   #4
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Time for another update.......

Some of you may have worked out the identity of our 2011 hosts from the initial post on this thread. And, as recently as last Wednesday, I was advised by the team in question that they still intended to be at Le Mans. Sadly, that is no longer the case.

I can reveal, with considerable disappointment, that the hosts for our 2011 garage visit were due to be Highcroft Racing.

I would like to thank the team sincerely for their generous offer and hope that, one day, the team will be in a position to fulfill that commitment and host Tenths members in their garage at Le Mans.

Good luck, Highcroft Racing, and thank you!
Old 16 May 2011, 21:26 (Ref:2881296)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A great shame James, but thanks to you for working behind the scenes for the members here yet again......
Old 16 May 2011, 21:29 (Ref:2881297)   #6
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah that is seriously impressive that you had that in the pipeline. Very nice work sir.
Old 16 May 2011, 21:46 (Ref:2881305)   #7
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Yeah that is seriously impressive that you had that in the pipeline. Very nice work sir.
I think it's worth adding that the question was asked on the Thursday at Sebring this year. The reply was both immediate and enthusiastic (the opportunity to offer a very special experience to a group of 'real' fans.......Highcroft are into that).
Old 16 May 2011, 22:56 (Ref:2881336)   #8
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
So sorry to hear this. Not so much for us forum members - disappointed as I am and so I'm sure are plenty of others - but for the whole Highcroft team who seemed to be on such a roll this year, and particularly for David Brabham and Marino Franchitti who find themselves without a drive.
Note that it's a knock-on from the earthquake and tsunami that seems to have caused this and not a stupid board decision at Honda like the one that donated the F1 championship to a team called Brawn in 2009.
Thanks for your splendid efforts James and here's to the next Ten Tenths garage visit.
Old 17 May 2011, 09:18 (Ref:2881513)   #9
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks for all your time for organizing this visit James, sadly indeed the team won't be there, that would have made an experience not to forget I'm sure!
Old 17 May 2011, 09:32 (Ref:2881521)   #10
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have no idea how you manage to pull this off every year James! Such a shame Highcroft pulled out. They could have been "best of the rest" behind the diesels.
Old 17 May 2011, 16:28 (Ref:2881712)   #11
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
James , thank you very much for all the Time that you put in this Project .
Old 17 May 2011, 22:36 (Ref:2881889)   #12
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Many thanks for the appreciative words guys, you're all very kind.

So, just to let you all know, plans B, C and D are all in operation. It is still my intention to deliver a garage visit for the Friday afternoon.

Stay tuned, I will update you all as and when.
Old 18 May 2011, 02:18 (Ref:2881928)   #13
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Highcroft would have been a blast James, bad luck for everyone involved there, they must be gutted.

Good luck with your further efforts.
Old 18 May 2011, 07:05 (Ref:2881969)   #14
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
So, just to let you all know, plans B, C and D are all in operation. It is still my intention to deliver a garage visit for the Friday afternoon.
What a star you are, James. Lesser mortals would have thrown in the towel.
Old 18 May 2011, 07:48 (Ref:2881993)   #15
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Just like to add my thanks to James, but what ever happens we will still have a good time at Le mans
Old 18 May 2011, 20:14 (Ref:2882316)   #16
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
what you do is just great.Thanks for trying
Old 19 May 2011, 08:06 (Ref:2882499)   #17
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I think it's worth adding that the question was asked on the Thursday at Sebring this year. The reply was both immediate and enthusiastic (the opportunity to offer a very special experience to a group of 'real' fans.......Highcroft are into that).
Wow. Good on them for being so enthusiastic about it, such a shame for all parties concerned that they withdraw from the race.

Fantastic work James on asking them and getting their approval at the time, Im sure it would've been greatly appreciated by those lucky to go along, whatever plans B C and D you have should turn out to be as enjoyable. Thanks for all your efforts in trying to arrange such a unique experience for the forum members.
Old 21 May 2011, 09:44 (Ref:2883445)   #18
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Decision made.........

I've decided to ditch plans C and D. Plan B involves one team. They would very much like to help. But, if it transpires they are unable to, my attempts to organise an 'official' 10Tenths garage visit for 2011 will be abandoned.
Old 21 May 2011, 09:52 (Ref:2883449)   #19
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Best of luck James ..... hope it works out for all your efforts .
Old 30 May 2011, 14:02 (Ref:2888198)   #20
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Decision made.........

I've decided to ditch plans C and D. Plan B involves one team. They would very much like to help. But, if it transpires they are unable to, my attempts to organise an 'official' 10Tenths garage visit for 2011 will be abandoned.
Sorry guys, things are just too hectic for the team in question to do a proper job of hosting us, and if they can't do it properly, they would prefer not to do it at all (a decision I totally agree with).

2011 Le Mans Garage Visit ABANDONED
Old 30 May 2011, 14:28 (Ref:2888209)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's a shame, but as I said before, it's not the end of the world. Thanks again James.
Old 30 May 2011, 17:43 (Ref:2888301)   #22
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Never mind, thanks for trying anyway James

Hope we can still meet up at St Saturin for a drink and then head back for a pit walk
Old 30 May 2011, 18:54 (Ref:2888334)   #23
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's great that you put so much effort in for the forum! Never mind, there is always next year!
Old 30 May 2011, 19:03 (Ref:2888339)   #24
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Indeed, we will bump into each other anyway and if not then we all can meet at the ten tenths meeting.
Thanks for the effort James!
Old 30 May 2011, 20:58 (Ref:2888407)   #25
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Like many others on here, really appreciate the efforts you put in on this front - not sure I'd have made it this year, but having benefitted from your efforts in past years can only salute what you've tried to do - it's one of the many things that makes 10/10ths a great forum to be part of.