Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 26 Jan 2011, 12:24 (Ref:2820805)   #251
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Dunno if this is news, but Pierre Kaffer will the third driver in the AF Corse Lola alongside Russo and Companc.

Source: Speedweek
Old 26 Jan 2011, 22:25 (Ref:2821054)   #252
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Team in the LMS / LM P2 with a Oreca 03 Nismo: TDS Racing...

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-6100.html

http://www.tdsracing.fr

Old 27 Jan 2011, 08:29 (Ref:2821230)   #253
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsten66 View Post
New Team in the LMS / LM P2 with a Oreca 03 Nismo: TDS Racing...

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-6100.html

http://www.tdsracing.fr

The more the merrier
Old 27 Jan 2011, 10:29 (Ref:2821279)   #254
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So many French teams with French chassis, ILMC entrants and serious manufacturer efforts with 2 cars that have to be accepted, I fear the LM entry list is going to leave some teams rather disappointed.
Old 27 Jan 2011, 12:05 (Ref:2821318)   #255
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
All the more reason to limit the works teams to two entries .

For example If Audi had 3 cars , Pug had 3 cars , AMR had 3 cars and Rebellion has 2 ..... thats 11 cars just in P1 class ..... with a fair bit variety out there .

2 cars max per team , I reckon ?
Old 27 Jan 2011, 12:21 (Ref:2821323)   #256
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Absolutely! But... how to avoid Audi, Peugeot or Aston Martin to have 2 teams with different names?

Here's a wild idea: Why not make mandatory for the big manufacturers to have a second team doing all LMS or ALMS rounds in order to have more than 2 cars at Le Mans? To wild??
Old 27 Jan 2011, 12:27 (Ref:2821326)   #257
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Libra Racing could have a car at the LMS. A Portuguese trio (Duarte Felix da Costa, Lourenço Beirão da Veiga e Ricardo Bravo) tested the Radical Nissan at North Carolina and they are setting up the final contacts in order to have the budget for it. LeMansPortugal.com
Old 27 Jan 2011, 12:27 (Ref:2821327)   #258
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
They obviously are works entries ..... Just refuse the Audi Sport North America name for a start , as they dont race in the North American series , they do the ILMC .

I see your point ..... or perhaps place the ASNA car at the oppsite end of the pits .

Honestly , I dont know ..... why dont they quote the spirit of the rules , like they did against Porsche in 96 with their GT1 car , when their car was an off the line chassis , and others wernt .

Or perhaps meet with the manufacturers to pre-agree on this .

Havent got a clue , but its worth discussing I think , see what others come up with .
Old 27 Jan 2011, 12:51 (Ref:2821341)   #259
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

For example If Audi had 3 cars , Pug had 3 cars , AMR had 3 cars and Rebellion has 2 ..... thats 11 cars just in P1 class ..... with a fair bit variety out there .

Then Audi, Pug, and AMR just setup a second team for the third car.... they'll get around that quite easily... if that is what the factories want, that's what they'll get.
Old 27 Jan 2011, 16:39 (Ref:2821389)   #260
eizox
Rookie

England
Somerset, England
eizox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

seeing as theres 56 pit garages at Le Mans, and 3 classes in which teams can enter, its not really a problem is it?
Old 27 Jan 2011, 16:39 (Ref:2821390)   #261
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Multi-car factory entries is what Le Mans needs.

Even if you had 20 P1's that still leaves 35 grids slots for P2 and GTE-Pro/Am cars.
Old 27 Jan 2011, 17:05 (Ref:2821395)   #262
The Badger
Veteran

Also , when the manufacturer decides to leave , the event and series is supported by the privateer .

An entry must be accompanied with a fee , regardless of exceptance or not , and is non returnable . 80 plus cars last year .

As soon as you have one rule for one and another rule for another , the rot starts .

We already have a certain amount of rot over diesel V's pertol parity , which the ACO promised to sort out years ago . Ask Dave Richards about that while your at it .

If you make a rule , stick with it ..... some think not . Then change the bloody rule !!!

And its not in the spirit of the rule ..... which people still throw at Porsche .

So , I believe 2 cars are enough ..... I dont want another bloody Audi 1,2,3 again or anyone else for that matter .

Last edited by The Badger; 27 Jan 2011 at 17:13.
Old 27 Jan 2011, 18:32 (Ref:2821421)   #263
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
According to Mariantic, Autosport are saying Signature plus will race an Oreca 'P1' !! - doeant say whether its ILMC or LMS though
Old 27 Jan 2011, 20:11 (Ref:2821452)   #264
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
According to Mariantic, Autosport are saying Signature plus will race an Oreca 'P1' !! - doeant say whether its ILMC or LMS though
Not a lot of detail at all in the article. It did say the programme could be announced this week and that they expect to keep Franck Mailleux.

Article says "based around an ORECA chassis" and "what is expected to be an LMP1 campaign". In other words not a single concrete bit of info in it as yet.
Old 27 Jan 2011, 22:23 (Ref:2821501)   #265
Lola T70
Racer

Lola T70 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Also , when the manufacturer decides to leave , the event and series is supported by the privateer .

So , I believe 2 cars are enough ..... I dont want another bloody Audi 1,2,3 again or anyone else for that matter .
I agree with 2 cars being enough for manufacturers.
Old 27 Jan 2011, 22:43 (Ref:2821506)   #266
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola T70 View Post
I agree with 2 cars being enough for manufacturers.
Me too. But only when we have more manufacturers.
Old 27 Jan 2011, 22:57 (Ref:2821514)   #267
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Expanded multi-car manufacturer entries is what Le Mans is all about and a good indicator of the races health.

Given an ILMC entry, success in a qualifying event or a proven history in the race will give you an entry it tends to only be new teams and one off entrants that go into the lottery.
Old 28 Jan 2011, 09:59 (Ref:2821681)   #268
MarkLMS
Rookie

Netherlands
Egmond, Netherlands
MarkLMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3 audi's, peugeot's and aston's are just great to see, i more like them instead of a few more lmp2's or gt's
Old 31 Jan 2011, 17:49 (Ref:2823353)   #269
jc_nl
Racer

Netherlands
Dedemsvaart
jc_nl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well here we go, to full season entry:

http://www.planetlemans.com/2011/01/...s-announced-2/

Seems like a good entry to me, especially since there will be the added ILMC entries at most races.
Old 31 Jan 2011, 17:59 (Ref:2823363)   #270
jc_nl
Racer

Netherlands
Dedemsvaart
jc_nl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A few things that stand out for me,

What BMW engine is PeCom using, not the Judd I guess?
I seem to have missed Boutsen Energy moving up to LMP2.
Lawrence Tomlinson in a Radical.....that probably clears up the way the dispute within Ginetta/Zytek has ended.
Old 31 Jan 2011, 18:21 (Ref:2823376)   #271
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc_nl View Post
What BMW engine is PeCom using, not the Judd I guess?
It is the Judd/BMW HK engine.

As for the entrylist... not bad, 36 cars for non-ILMC rounds is still pretty solid. Excellent to see Pescarolo back in action, and 4 Porsches vs. 4 Ferraris in GTE-Pro is going to be a good one with the Aston thrown in for good measure. Also, I have a feeling the entry list isn't 100% finished, we should get a few more entries; for example, there's no Spyker on the list, but they generally announce their racing programme in early March.

P.S. Genoa Racing moving from LMPC in the ALMS to the LMS? That's a surprise.

EDIT: Weren't RML going for Sacked Stig a.k.a. Ben Collins in the third seat? Don't get me wrong, it's great that they have A.WOL in the team, but I'm just a bit surprised after the comments made earlier this year from several parties.

Last edited by Victor_RO; 31 Jan 2011 at 18:34.
Old 31 Jan 2011, 19:04 (Ref:2823405)   #272
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post

P.S. Genoa Racing moving from LMPC in the ALMS to the LMS? That's a surprise.
Genoa still has 2 cars listed on the Sebring test days entrylist, so I suspect that the LMS program will be in conjunction to an ALMS program. Heck if they do the ALMS and the LMS, that covers all the ILMC rounds (minus china), but there is no FLM/LMPC championship in ILMC right?
Old 31 Jan 2011, 19:04 (Ref:2823407)   #273
The Badger
Veteran

Here is the list as it was revealed today. Compliments of Planet Le Mans .

LMP1 (6 entries)
12 – REBELLION Racing – Lola B10/60 Toyota – Neel Jani (SUI) – Nicolas Prost (FRA)
13 – REBELLION Racing – Lola B10/60 Toyota – Andrea Belicchi (SUI) – Jean-Christophe Boullion (FRA)
16 – Pescarolo Team – Pescarolo 01 Judd – Emmanuel Collard (FRA) – Christophe Tinseau (FRA)
18 – Guess Racing Europ – Lola B07/46 Mazda – Wolfgang Kaufmann (GER) – Philippe Haezebrouck (FRA)
20 – Quifel-ASM Team – Ginetta-Zytek 09S Zytek – Miguel Amaral (POR) – Olivier Pla (FRA)
21 – Rangoni Motorsport – Ginetta-Zytek 09 HS Zytek – Luca Rangoni (ITA) – Ferdinando Geri (ITA)

LMP2 (11 entries)

36 – RML – HPD ARX-01D HPD – Tommy Erdos (BRA) – Mike Newton (BRA) – Ben Collins (GBR)
38 – Pegasus Racing – Courage-Oreca LC75 HPD – Julien Schell (FRA) – TBA
39 – Pecom Racing – Lola B11/40 BMW – Luis Perez Companc (ARG) – Matias Russo (ARG) – Pierre Kaffer (GER)
40 – Race Performance – Oreca 03 Judd HK – Michel Frey (SUI) – Ralph Meichtry (SUI)
41 – Greaves Motorsport – Zytek Z11SN Nissan – Karim Ojjeh (SAU) – Gary Chalandon (FRA) – Thor-Christian Ebbesvik (NOR)
42 – Strakka Racing – HPD ARX-01D – Nick Leventis (GBR) – Danny Watts (GBR) – Jonny Kane (GBR)
43 – RLR msport – MG Lola EX265 AER – Barry Gates (GBR) – Rob Garofall (GBR)
44 – Extrême Limite AM Paris – Norma M200P – Fabien Rosier (FRA) – TBA
45 – Boutsen Energy Racing – Oreca 03 Nissan – Dominik Kraihamer (AUT) – Nicolas De Crem (BEL) – TBA
46 – Top Drive Services – Oreca 03 Nissan – Pierre Thiriet (FRA) – Matthias Beche (SUI)
47 – Team LNT – Radical SR9 IES – Lawrence Tomlinson (GBR) – James Cole (GBR) – Andrew Prendeville (USA)

LM GTE Pro (9 entries)

51 – AF Corse – Ferrari F458 Italia – Giancarlo Fisichella (ITA) – TBA
66 – JMW Motorsport – Ferrari F458 Italia – Rob Bell (GBR) – TBA
71 – AF Corse – Ferrari F458 Italia – TBA – TBA
75 – ProSpeed Competition – Porsche 997 GT3 RSR – Marc Goossens (BEL) – Marco Holzer (GER)
76 – IMSA Performance Matmut – Porsche 997 GT3 RSR – Patrick Pilet (FRA) – Wolf Henzler (GER)
77 – Team Felbermayr Proton – Porsche 997 GT3 RSR – Marc Lieb (GER) – Richard Lietz (AUT)
78 – Gruppe M Eterniti Racing – Porsche 997 GT3 RSR – Stephen Jelley (GBR) – TBA
79 – Jota Sport AMR – Aston Martin Vantage GT2 – Simon Dolan (GBR) – Sam Hancock (GBR)
89 – Hankook Team Farnbacher – Ferrari F458 Italia – Dominik Farnbacher (GER) – Allan Simonsen (DNK)

LM GTE Am (5 entries)
61 – AF Corse – Ferrari F430 GT2 – Piergiuseppe Perazzini (ITA) – Marco Cioci (ITA)
67 – IMSA Performance Matmut – Porsche 997 GT3 RSR – Raymond Narac (FRA) – Nicolas Armindo (FRA)
82 – CRS Racing – Ferrari F430 GT2 – Phil Quaife (GBR) – Michael Lyons (GBR)
83 – JMB Racing – Ferrari F430 GT2 – Manu Rodrigues (FRA) – Dino Lunardi (FRA)
88 – Team Felbermayr Proton – Porsche 997 GT3 RSR – Horst Felbermayr (AUT) – TBA

FLM (5 entries)

91 – Hope PoleVision Racing – Oreca FLM 09 – Michael Tinguely (SUI) – TBA
92 – Neil Garner Motorsport – Oreca FLM 09 – TBA – TBA
93 – Genoa Racing – Oreca FLM 09 – Eric Lux (USA) – Elton Julian (ECU) – Christian Zugel (GER)
95 – Pegasus Racing – Oreca FLM 09 – Mirco Schultis (GER) – Patrick Simon (GER)
99 – JMB Racing – Oreca FLM 09 – Maurice Basso (SUI) – TBA

Just noticed that LNT is entered with a Radical SR9 , and Tomlinson is in the seat . Whats going on there ? Is he not part and parcel with Zytek anymore then ?
Old 31 Jan 2011, 19:23 (Ref:2823419)   #274
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nope, Tomlinson doesn't own anything of Zytek anymore. The reason behind Zytek going into administration a while ago was a falling out between him and Bill Gibson, who now owns 100% of the company.
Old 31 Jan 2011, 19:27 (Ref:2823421)   #275
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
What chassis are RML going to use? I think I overheard someone say on Radio Le Mans that it's going to be the ex-de Ferran car from '08, is that correct?