Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 20 Mar 2007, 19:10 (Ref:1872514)   #1
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Walshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bilstein Rebuilds

I'm sure I've asked this before, but does anyone know anywhere that will rebuild steel bodied Bilsteins.

We thought we'd found somewhere, but they don't do them.

They are from a Van Diemen RF'89

Cheers
Old 20 Mar 2007, 19:15 (Ref:1872516)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bilstein can do it themselves. The UK HQ is near Leicester. We had ours done (not from a RF'89, something a little heavier ). They rebuild them to the original spec and produce a graph to show how close they got. Took them ages mind, but we're happy with the results.
Old 20 Mar 2007, 19:16 (Ref:1872517)   #3
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Walshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's great Adam.

Can you forward me some contact details for them please.

Cheers
Old 20 Mar 2007, 21:10 (Ref:1872589)   #4
A Quartermaine
Rookie

United Kingdom
Ascot, Berkshire
A Quartermaine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Walshy,
I had mine done twice last year by Bilstein, as they started leaking mid season (apparently they are self lubricating or something!). They took ages but they did a good job - details below:

Bilstein UK
3, Swannington Rd, Cottage Lane Industrial Estate, Broughton Astley, Leicester, Leicestershire LE9 6TU
Tel: 01455 283407
Old 20 Mar 2007, 22:12 (Ref:1872626)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That is the address - we just dropped them off an picked them up later. I'm afraid we didn't deal with anyone specific, so there is nothing else I can add other than give them a go.

Judging by A Quartermaine's and our experience it seems that "taking ages" is par for the course!