Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Feb 2002, 12:17 (Ref:222257)   #1
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DC slams Eddie

"With all his comments, Eddie seems to have a scatter-bomb technique, which shows a lack of focus," said Coulthard. "I respect Eddie on the track but he lets himself down because he has too much to say off it.

"If he spent as much time testing and developing the car as he does talking and criticising other drivers on the circuit, it would improve his own performances."

I think that DC has a point. I think this will be Irvine's make or break season. How long will Ford be willing to pay the "second best driver in F1" the large sum they are without any results to show for it.
I think Rahal had the right idea in trying to unload Irvine, too bad Lauda got in the way.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 25 Feb 2002, 12:21 (Ref:222260)   #2
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
DC has for once talked sense.

This is certainly not a 'make or break' season for Irv, this is his last, no question, unless he delivers what Jaguar wants - race victories - and I don't foresee those coming in the near future.

Next year, if Jagaur are still participating, I expect a mixture of youth in the car, without the big paypacket that Irvine gets, yet doesn't deserve.
Old 25 Feb 2002, 12:37 (Ref:222267)   #3
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:"DC has for once talked sense"

And now that he talks sense..he should talk to himself.

The person who called JPM a cuddly bear, says MS is getting old, he isn't much better than Irvine is he?
All i could say now is "I respect David on the track but he lets himself down because he has too much to say off it."

Old 25 Feb 2002, 12:40 (Ref:222270)   #4
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
"If he spent as much time testing and developing the car as he does talking and criticising other drivers on the circuit, it would improve his own performances."

DC isn't the only to think this way. Maybe Irvine has more "natural" talent than DC, but he's squandering it. Testing is the only route to improvement and Swerve has expressed his own boredom with the process. DC is a professional and will win the WDC because of his self-discipline.
Old 25 Feb 2002, 13:31 (Ref:222284)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"Constant practice devoted to one subject often outdues both intelligence and skill"
Cicero

Old 25 Feb 2002, 13:35 (Ref:222287)   #6
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
av8rirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by EERO
DC is a professional and will win the WDC because of his self-discipline. [/B]
Sorry but we'd forgotten. This is DC's year...
Old 25 Feb 2002, 14:59 (Ref:222331)   #7
f1grandprixshop
Veteran

f1grandprixshop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When DC talks, he does make sense, its just that he doesnt sensed that he's not improving and he keeps talking, why not be like Kimi, silent and more productive?

7650-wallpaper Yahoo! Groups - F1 Wallpapers for your Nokia phones
Old 25 Feb 2002, 17:02 (Ref:222380)   #8
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I also believe that this will be Eddie's last year. He is too old, and he makes too much money. With all the excellent young (and cheap) drivers available, Jag could get much better value for money elsewhere.
I also think he will be beaten by his teammate frequently this year.
Old 25 Feb 2002, 17:11 (Ref:222389)   #9
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DC makes a lot of sense. His problem is that he said what he thinks about Schumacher and that obviously does not go well with Schumacher fans. Plus he does the talking on the track like was the case in France 2000. A race that will go down in history as a clasic.
Old 25 Feb 2002, 17:29 (Ref:222399)   #10
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The same problem when he said something about JPM and it din't go down well with JPM fans,and me, either.

And the same DC told us just as much in Monaco 2001, a race remembered for showing Ron and DC's true characteristics, to blame others for their own inabilities.

But again...you showed your decision to only pick on things Schumacher/Ferrari related...
Old 25 Feb 2002, 17:39 (Ref:222401)   #11
BBKing
Veteran

What are you saying that Monaco 2001 was down DC's inabilites? He beat Schumacher to the pole didn't he?

Why would DC end up singing praises to Formula Juan or Schumacher to be considered credible what he says. What about what Schumacher says about DC and Formula Juan. Aren't they just part of the game?

Are you going to tell me that Schumacher accussing Hill of murder attempt in Montreal 98 while saying he did not see Frentzen on his way out of the pits are something worse than anything DC said ever in his life? Lets not even go to Suzuka 99 when he accussed DC of trying to kill him in Spa 98. Later Schumacher said that he often said stupid things in the PR because he was drunk...LOL
Old 25 Feb 2002, 17:59 (Ref:222411)   #12
Gt_R
Veteran

Quote BBK:"Why would DC end up singing praises to Formula Juan or Schumacher to be considered credible what he says."

Ah....i said that? Perhaps you should try reading the other post i made in this tread, before you came in.

I don't know..perhaps Detroit's form of interpretating words are different from the rest of the world...but i said "a race remembered...for their (DC n Ron) inability" Qualifyings is beside the point.

But if you would be bothered to read carefully, you should be able to see from the response i made earlier to DC's word on Eddie, before your intervention, that
Point 1) DC is talking sense.
Point 2) I respect what he did on track.
Point 3) DC should practice what he preach. He said so much about Eddie talking too much off track...when he himself does pretty much the same.

At no point did i say what DC said is not credible because he said something bad about JPM or Michael. At no point did i say that he should sing JPM/MS praises before i take his words. And i surely did not say what he said was wrong/not credible...(in fact i agreed that it made sense).

Your imagination is getting bad...and your desire to pull one over M.Schumacher supporters is getting kind of desperate. And of course as usual, from very simple words (be it me, or HHF, or FIA rulebooks), you have shown your ability to make up so many new "facts". Creative, but not appreciated..
Check out the clinic nearest your residence when you are free k? LOL

Last edited by Gt_R; 25 Feb 2002 at 18:02.
Old 25 Feb 2002, 19:32 (Ref:222491)   #13
BBKing
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R

Check out the clinic nearest your residence when you are free k? LOL
Can we go to the same one so we share the same room?....LOL

Why would you take what I said word by word as something that is addressed to you? I am asking myself why would DC be going about playing mr. nice guy so Schumacher fans can hate him less? If something I am responding to the topic in discusion with my opinion.

You said that I made things up? Both FIA and Frentzen issues are my own interpretation. Aren't you a little bit paranoid about what I say....LOL

Last edited by BBKing; 25 Feb 2002 at 19:33.
Old 25 Feb 2002, 19:47 (Ref:222498)   #14
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eddie has been slagging everyong esle off, so its time he got some of his own medicine.
Old 25 Feb 2002, 21:30 (Ref:222573)   #15
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by hakkiman
Eddie has been slagging everyong esle off, so its time he got some of his own medicine.
don't suppose it will bither eddie too much!!

eddie has always said what he thinks, it's part of his f1 image, like it or not!

i expect after all of dc's raving's ,tgf, jpm and now eddie, he'll apologise to each driver! in 2000, dc along with eddie and jaques pubicly stated how they didn't agree with tgf's startline antics, but dc was the only one at the end of the season who publicly apologised to tgf! so whats the point of saying these things in the first place then?

so far, eddie has had 1 proper attempt at the wdc ('99) and dc has had 5 realistic chances of a possible wdc ('95,'98'99'00 and '01) and the thing is, in eddies 1 attempt,(which includes playing second fiddle to tgf for half a season!) he has got closer than dc will ever do! the only time dc's come second in the wdc (last year) he lost by nearly 60 points (eddie 2 points)

what i would like to say to dc is.......shut up, your talking's no better than your driving!
Old 25 Feb 2002, 22:01 (Ref:222596)   #16
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
I think both EI and DC are complete idiots who don't deserve F1 drives... There, now I have shot off my mouth too... ;-)
Old 26 Feb 2002, 01:36 (Ref:222643)   #17
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
right on inigo!
web sites have stopped reporting all the rubbish eddie speaks for months now.They should do the same with coulthard!!
Old 26 Feb 2002, 02:26 (Ref:222663)   #18
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is exaclty what needs to be done. If the media stops hyping everything that these drivers say then it would not be and issue. Eddie has the right to say what he wants. I dont particularly like him but at least he speaks his mind. Even if it is in his own little world. I really like Alesi until I heard him kissing MS's ass once saying that he is a great leader and so on. People should speak what they think, even if they are wrong.
Old 26 Feb 2002, 02:26 (Ref:222664)   #19
Gt_R
Veteran

Quote BBK:"I am asking myself why would DC be going about playing mr. nice guy so Schumacher fans can hate him less?"

LOL...so after asking yourself, what's your conclusion?

Quote BBK:"Aren't you a little bit paranoid about what I say"

Errm...when considering that your interpretation are mostly incorrect or opinions faulted, i don't see the need to be paranoid with what you post. Just the need to clarify. While you are at that, try looking at how you started "Asking yourself" when you hear the words "DC, JPM cuddly bear, Michael old" in the same sentence...and start blabbering Montreal 98 and Spa 98..talking about paranoid...LOL
Old 26 Feb 2002, 03:38 (Ref:222679)   #20
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Look, Eddie's a scatter brain who likes to talk nonsense mixed with serious topics to confuse anyone who listens. Unfortunately, I have to agree with most here that Eddie is fast reaching his "USE BY' date.

By the way, BBKing, is Bakers Uptown, near the Pontiac, still operating? I have Earl Klugh's (Owner then) autograph written on the menu. He came in while I was there with my brother and he agreed to play for us. It was my most memorable night in Detroit.