Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 23 May 2004, 20:42 (Ref:980385)   #1
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Scott Smart Wins!!!!!!!

Just read the results - how amazing is that?! Scott Smart overtook Reynolds on the last corner of the lap of race 1 at Mondello to win his first BSB race! Well done Scotty!!!!!

And I'm sure it's Kawasakis first win for some time too!!! When was the last win for them?
Old 24 May 2004, 10:37 (Ref:981022)   #2
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
last weekend in the 3rd race at winton in round 3 of the australian superbike championship - go jamie stauffer

congrats to scott smart though - thought scott was another sean emmett - but, he won on a 4 stroke
Old 24 May 2004, 16:27 (Ref:981497)   #3
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
Sorry I meant, when was Kawasakis last win in BSB?
Old 25 May 2004, 13:56 (Ref:982552)   #4
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
chris walker days - did he ever finish 2nd on a kwaka (did he ever ride one?).... maybe not - he finished 2nd on a yamaha & suzuki - struggling to think
Old 26 May 2004, 19:42 (Ref:984290)   #5
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rutter won at Rockingham a couple of years ago.
And yep Chris finished second on the Kwak twice. First second was on Boost Yam.
Scotty has come on superbly this year. Seems he can point and squirt better than Richards who is more of a corner speed merchant.
Also Scott does all the electronics development for the team as a side job! Clever chap. He was awesome in 250's and it is nice to see him go well, a thoroughly decent chap aswell.
Old 1 Jun 2004, 13:04 (Ref:990319)   #6
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The new bike seemsa to suit Scott more, as chunder says. I still think Glen is a better rider, and worked some miracles last year, but, if you can't master a 1000-odd-cc bike, your options are a bit limited nowadays. Still, the Brands crash makes Glen look worse.

I'm not surprised Hawk have got a win on the board - it was clear that the engine was the only 2003 weak link (not 'weak' per se, but out of its depth), and the cost in extra weight was always likely to be outweighed by the extra power.
Old 1 Jun 2004, 16:05 (Ref:990491)   #7
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
Quote:
Originally posted by N I Tram
The new bike seemsa to suit Scott more, as chunder says. I still think Glen is a better rider, and worked some miracles last year, but, if you can't master a 1000-odd-cc bike, your options are a bit limited nowadays. Still, the Brands crash makes Glen look worse.
Scott Smart doing all the development work is a big factor I reckon and it's good to see him and the team all looking so happy! Just need a win for Glen now!!