Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Jun 2004, 12:43 (Ref:1003517)   #26
Warrior21
Rookie

Warrior21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am not a Schumi's fan, but he doesn't make F1 racing boring, it's the other 19 drivers that do! He challenge to the rest is "Get as fast as me". However, having said that, F1 is boring, but each race day I turn on the TV and watch hoping it will get better.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 12:46 (Ref:1003523)   #27
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hi X-ecutioner, welcome to the F1 forum.

Are you expecting to change the opinions of thousand fans of the sport that post in this forum daily ?

Are you angry with what you watch ? Just choose another sport, there are plenty options.

Are you in a position to change the present situation of F1 ? So do it !

Here you'll find lots of subjects to discuss rather than post flame baits and trolling about how you don't like F1.

Please feel free to discuss anything else.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 13:01 (Ref:1003544)   #28
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed..i don't remember FIA and Bernie forcing fans to sign a contract which bind them to F1.

Really, by all means, if F1 has been so boring to you, then switch off the tv and tuck yourself into bed.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 13:01 (Ref:1003547)   #29
Mouser
Rookie

United States
Pomeroy,Ohio,USA
Mouser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps it would help Formula One if the leadership
realized that many people simply are losing interest in
the series.But getting rid of Ferrari/Michael Schumacher
isn't the answer. In the meantime,I will
continue to support the series,because of the action
taking place behind the P1 car.It's still a lot of
fun!
Old 14 Jun 2004, 13:05 (Ref:1003553)   #30
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
True fans will keep the faith.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 13:14 (Ref:1003566)   #31
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I had a great day yesterday - watched 3 touring car races, Le Mans and the Canadian GP and enjoyed them all, for different reasons, because I love motor racing.

BTCC short sprint close action, Le Mans - the 1st two seperated by less than 30 seconds after 24 hours racing and the GP not a classic, but the grid told us that McLaren were probably light, Ferrari were heavier and would be playing the strategy call - with Williams somwhere inbetween.

My motto is enjoy the spectacle, enjoy each event and series for what it is.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 13:18 (Ref:1003574)   #32
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well said ST; it doesn't make sense to watch an F1 race and complain it's not like motogp.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 13:18 (Ref:1003575)   #33
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by nameless
i fully agree with you, f1 at the moment is somewhat embarrassing in that it is a sport we follow avidly yet it is more often than not very boring and predictable. I would guess that like me most die hard f1 fans are fans of any motorsport as when you look at just how fantastic moto gp has been this season it wouldnt suprise me if many f1 fans crossed over, as it stands this season if there was a clash between an f1 gp and a moto gp i know exactly which one i would put on.
Good point. I have watched f1 for years and also have been to alot of the races and the problem with f1 at the moment is it has lost its buz races can be won by not passing on the track which makes it very dull. Motogp in the other hand is fantastic. I watched the motogp just before i watched the f1 gp yesterday and its then you discover that something is wrong here

Last edited by pole2pole; 14 Jun 2004 at 13:19.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 13:29 (Ref:1003586)   #34
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Each to their own, I suppose.

Motorbike racing has never captured my interest.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 13:51 (Ref:1003617)   #35
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
Motorbike racing has never captured my interest.
I'm with you ther, I just don't get bikes at all. A lot of open wheel series fail to capture my interest too, but there's something about F1 that just works for me.

Tin tops are best though
Old 14 Jun 2004, 15:21 (Ref:1003701)   #36
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by X-ecutioner
That's your reply? That's all you can come up with? I have seen 5 year olds coming up with better comebacks than that expression.
I suggest you look at the rules before you post something like that again.

http://tentenths.com/forum/misc.php?...ge=1#behaviour
Old 14 Jun 2004, 15:21 (Ref:1003702)   #37
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Until a couple of years ago I wasnt a major biek racing fan, although I watched it sporadically. My interest can probably be attributed to one man - Valentino Rossi, whose charisma, style, aggression and astounding talent make any race exciting. He's the anti-Schumacher I suppose.

One thing I also love, but don't get to see on TV much, is speedway. Having M.E. means that I can't get to the Eastbourne Eagles matches as mucha s I'd like, but the action there is phenomenal.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 15:29 (Ref:1003711)   #38
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
To blame MS for being too good is rediculous. Blame the other drivers, or the other teams, or the rules, or Ferrari's unlimited budget, or the tires... anything rather than blame Schumi for being too precise. Sheeeesh
Old 14 Jun 2004, 15:33 (Ref:1003713)   #39
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kirk
To blame MS for being too good is rediculous. Blame the other drivers, or the other teams, or the rules, or Ferrari's unlimited budget, or the tires... anything rather than blame Schumi for being too precise. Sheeeesh
I would actually take that as a compliment...
Old 14 Jun 2004, 15:34 (Ref:1003714)   #40
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, good point. F1 isn't that boring at the moment, I think. It used to be a lot more dull. No passing (although that's not really the definition of a good race), no action. Just wall-to-wall procession. At least now you have a bit of action. I guess it depends what your standards are I suppose.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 15:58 (Ref:1003733)   #41
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'll watch every race until I am carried off in a pine box. I simply enjoy watching cars going round in circles! I can't just drop it after one and a half decades of non-stop viewing!

Schumachers domination is getting rather silly I have to agree. We all got our hopes up for this season being competitive.....that hasn't been the case.

The sport has lost a bit of spectacle over the years, it's fair to say. But better times are just around the corner, they usually are!

Have to say though, MotoGP is making F1 look a little silly this year.......but their different sports and I guess they can't be compared. Rather like comparing football with tiddlywinks....
Old 14 Jun 2004, 16:13 (Ref:1003749)   #42
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It was a compliment. I'm no fan of MS but I acknowledge his talent and determination.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 16:26 (Ref:1003754)   #43
Son of Jor-El
Racer

Son of Jor-El should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm no fan of MS, full stop!
Old 14 Jun 2004, 17:08 (Ref:1003778)   #44
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Re: How boring can it get?

Quote:
Originally posted by X-ecutioner

I personally cannot take it. Atleast when Hakkinen was there, there was a reason to watch. He made raing entertaining while schumacher is just making it extremely boring and terrible with this extreme precision and the fastest car on the grid. This is an absolute butchering of a sport once i loved and was exited about.

I now find interest in other forms of racing like Moto GP and Rallying. I'm sorry to say this but for the sake of the entertainment factor in F1, schumacher would have to retire.
boring and terrible with his extreme precision.....hmmm
an absolute butchering of the sport....hmmm..again

how long exactly have you been following f1?...everyone is entitled to their opinion...that's why we have this dg, but if you think that watching someone of schumacher's calibre plying his trade to the utmost is boring and terrible and that it is butchering the sport, then i just don't think you get what it is all about....have you ever attended and f1 race?....soaked in the atmosphere?....had the hairs on the back of your neck raise up as the world's most sophisticated racing cars blast by at 190mph +?.....ms has both his legions of fans and detractors, but what noone can take away from him is his absolute dedication to the sport and his phenomenal talent...there have been few before him, senna, clark, fangio, moss spring to mind....f1 is the pinnacle of motorsport...ferrari has simply raised their game to unprecedented levels, now it's up to the others to challenge...if you want motorsport entertainment, then look to NASCAR....if you want to watch some of the best drivers in the world plying their trade on the very knife edge irreggardless of who is winning then f1 is the only game in town....i'll follow f1 till my last breath....
Old 14 Jun 2004, 17:29 (Ref:1003800)   #45
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Re: Re: How boring can it get?

Quote:
Originally posted by jj2728
if you want to watch some of the best drivers in the world plying their trade on the very knife edge irreggardless of who is winning then f1 is the only game in town....i'll follow f1 till my last breath....
That also sounds like a perfect description of MotoGp, which is better entertainment this year IMHO because:
  • The best rider (Rossi) isn't on the best bike (Honda)
  • There are 6 Hondas, ran by 3 largely independant teams, rather than just 2 Ferraris
  • All 6 Honda guys can (and do) race against each other, even though the consequences of a collision can be much worse
  • Unlike Schumacher, Rossi is a genuine character, as are Gibernau, Biaggi and Hayden amongst others
  • For the techncial reasons I've mentioned elsewhere, bikes may be naturally better sutied to racing than cars
  • MotoGP uses a much better set of tracks, with very few Mickey-Mouse chicanes
  • The races are shorter and dont' feature tyre or fuel pitstops, ensuring that, if you're not in the lead, you'll have to pass someone to win, and the bikes are never too far apart
  • Points are awarded further down, ensuring that msot entrants have something to play for, and get adequate TV coverage
  • 250 and 125 on the same bill, as a bonus (infinately more interesting than F3000)

Last edited by BootsOntheSide; 14 Jun 2004 at 17:34.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 17:59 (Ref:1003821)   #46
X-ecutioner
Rookie

X-ecutioner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by DriverT
I suggest you look at the rules before you post something like that again.

http://tentenths.com/forum/misc.php?...ge=1#behaviour
Just because he is posting here way before me, does give him the right to spam up the topic by a post containing nothing else but a "" ? Is that the way to discuss a topic? By telling a fellow poster that he doesn't have a point? And after that you tell me to follow the rules? I've not posted anything that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy.

I just made a joke man. Try to have a sense of humour the next time. From where i come, a is supposed to be the last ditch effort to save yourself when nothing else comes to mind. I do not intend to start a flame war, just take a look at the whole thread and think yourself who started to deviate from the topic which had to be discussed. If i was so "problematic", i would've gotten a PM from the admin to tone it doen but as it stands, i haven't so i don't think anything's wrong.

As far as the topic goes :

Television and radio have been making noise's of F1 being boring for several years.
Nowadays radio sports stations are openly stating f1 is boring. I listened in to a talk station just recently, the subject motorsport in general,not one contributor had anything good to say about f1,in fact at least 90% said it is boring,and they had given up on it. Most had turned to MGP or Nascar ect-ect.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

About 3 years ago Ferrari were spending the sum total of the Williams and McLaren budgets. 3 years later the money is expected to be twice or even thrice as much.

So, in a sport where technology is everything, how the hell are you supposed to beat someone with three times the financial resources, their own test track and frankly more money than the GDP of a lot of small countries?

It's becoming very irrelevant. And boring.

If Schumacher is your fav driver at the moment then i presume you must be enjoying this, however as a race fan who has no real alegiance to one driver of the current crop, i am finding this to be a near repeat of the yawnathon of 2002. This is not good racing and is not good for the "sport" as a whole. The other teams need to step up there ideas and start challenging. Ferrari need to stop this team orders nonsense. Infact i have named Barrichello "Snoopy", You know he works like a dog and gets no respect.

When Senna and Prost took each other on in 1988 and won 15 races it was still exciting, this period of Ferrari domination is so boring that i long for the days of 1991 to 1995 when Ferrari only won 2 races, or the 1996-2000 series where we got to see atleast some sort of competition. At least then i felt some passion for them and wanted to see them do well. Now i just view them as a soul less racing arm of the Fiat group.

And as far as Viewing F1 goes? I was and will be an F1 fan forever but there is no point in watching the remaining races this year, as we know allready who is gonna be the champion this season. Yeah i am not gonna watch it this season because of the utter boredom it is providing.

My words may sound harsh to some F1 fans but read my post again and tell me if you find something to agree and disagree on before posting after it. As i am an F1 fan myself......

That's my opinion and every living human being is entitled to their own opinion, if you agree with mine then it's fine, if you don't then also fine. Just don't be a hater.

Peace.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 18:02 (Ref:1003825)   #47
Kicking-back
Veteran

A true fan is there in good times and bad.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 18:21 (Ref:1003852)   #48
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As a former F1 fan, who stayed up until the middle of the night to watch every prcatice session etc. as late as the mid 90s, I have to say the sport has lost all interest for me.

I can put up with processional racing, but combined with carbon copy chassis and engines, and F1's high and mighty attitude, let alone the 'Silverstone under threat' headlines every other week, the sport has just turned me off.

I have zero interest in road bikes, but the amazing, exotic, different configeration machines in MotoGP, combined with fantastic racing is fantastic to watch. I also watch sportscar racing, which has been dominated by Audi in recent years, BUT virtually every car is unique, with different shapes and sounds. Something F1 sadly lost in the early 90s.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 18:26 (Ref:1003860)   #49
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least X-ecutioner is pointing out the obvious, which is SO hard to accept those, who look the races thru Ferrari-red glasses.
And their only response: "don't watch" is both arrogant and pointless, if anyone not liking the current state of Grand Prix racing stops watching the races from tv or attend the races live, well, it's going to be fun to see the faces of Ecclestone, car manufacturers, sponsors and tv companies if that happens.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 14 Jun 2004, 18:28 (Ref:1003869)   #50
Kicking-back
Veteran

I'm not a Ferrari or Schumacher fan, but nothing's going to stop me watching.

And to those who say they don't watch any more - why are you posting on the F1 Forum?

Ten-tenths has a very good Motorbike racing section I can recommend!