Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 Jul 2002, 13:59 (Ref:329408)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Press Release: Hyla Breese Joins BTCC

Quote:
Team B&Q Jet York City Racing are delighted to announce the appointment of Australian racing driver Hyla Breese to the team. Hyla will be joining the team with effect from the next race at Croft to support Jim Edwards Junior in his push to win the championship. Hyla's appointment is a result of the continuing injury suffered by John B&Q in his crash at Oulton Park. John has been advised not to race for the remainder of the season.

Hyla said of his appointment "I am delighted to have the opportunity to drive this season for Team B&Q, looking forward to the rest of the season, being part of a great team and putting on a good show for the BandQsi".

Due to family commitments Peter Cate is unable to continue in the substitute role for John. The team would like to express their thanks for his expert input and wish him well with his expanding family, certain in the knowledge that Cato will be back behind a steering wheel before long.
Old 8 Jul 2002, 14:03 (Ref:329410)   #2
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WoooHooo finally an Aussie in the BTCC

He did a great job in the Lotus Elise's last year, hopefully the good form will continue.
Old 8 Jul 2002, 14:13 (Ref:329417)   #3
Vatanen
Racer

Vatanen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Breeze and Breese in the BTCC field. Confusion aplenty now!
Old 8 Jul 2002, 14:29 (Ref:329435)   #4
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Time to find those Kangaroos!
Old 8 Jul 2002, 16:59 (Ref:329533)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
fantastic news. the kangas return
Old 8 Jul 2002, 17:06 (Ref:329539)   #6
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Vatanen
Breeze and Breese in the BTCC field. Confusion aplenty now!
It is going to be worse than Neal and O'Neill! Carl Breeze and Hyla Breese, or should that be Carl Breese and Hyla Breeze!

PS I know which way round it is before any one tells me!
Old 8 Jul 2002, 17:36 (Ref:329554)   #7
Rache
Racer

Rache should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I will be at Goodwood Festival of Speed with my dad this coming weekend so won't be at Croft to see his first race - gutted! Sounds like a right humdinger, the local circuit, the footie team, the Kangas....YOINKS!!
Old 8 Jul 2002, 20:00 (Ref:329690)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
most of the forum's taking pictures, so you won't miss a thing...
Old 8 Jul 2002, 20:20 (Ref:329721)   #9
Andy Roberts
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Andy Roberts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You da man Hyla!! So glad you finally got a drive you deserve! I wish I could make it to Croft but I have to work but I will try and come to as many BTCC races this year now to cheer on my favourite aussie
Old 8 Jul 2002, 20:27 (Ref:329733)   #10
Rache
Racer

Rache should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andy sign onto ICQ dammit, I know u r there!!!!!
Old 8 Jul 2002, 20:55 (Ref:329757)   #11
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Right, now I've finished all of the changes to the team website, the press releases and the driver profile I would just like to take a moment to personally welcome Hyla to the team.

Whilst I am really disappointed to see Cato standing down, and I wish him and his new family all the very best, I can think of no one better to replace him for the rest of the season. Hyla really took the fight to the guys in the Elise Championship last season and we can look forward to him doing likewise in the BTCC as soon as he is used to the car. Fullalove, Marsh and Thomas should remember last season and be afraid!
Old 8 Jul 2002, 21:13 (Ref:329774)   #12
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Shame to see Cato stepping down but good luck to Hyla!

When's he going to join us lot then?
Old 8 Jul 2002, 21:50 (Ref:329801)   #13
Suzy
Retired
Veteran

Suzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
YYYYIIIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hello and welcome back Hyla!
Old 8 Jul 2002, 22:08 (Ref:329813)   #14
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pity Cato had to step down, could've been a very good 2nd half of the season for him. Good luck for future activities Peter.

But good replacement in Breese, is it me or does Breese seem too exotic a name for a Honda Accord?
Old 8 Jul 2002, 22:09 (Ref:329814)   #15
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
team b&q seem to be going from strength to strength, they're press releases have even started to appear on big racing websites such as crash.net!

shame to see cato go, i guess from the release that he's got a new kid and is taking time out to look after it! but hyla breese is more than worthy of a BTCC seat and i think we may now see team b&q's first race win!
Old 9 Jul 2002, 11:35 (Ref:330106)   #16
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by paulzinho
When's he going to join us lot then?
If i remember correctly he was posting in here last year, at least in the Aussie forum.
Old 9 Jul 2002, 13:35 (Ref:330180)   #17
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i cant say ive ever heard of him!

now lets get those Races on TV...

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 9 Jul 2002, 18:15 (Ref:330383)   #18
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Statement from Cato:

Quote:
Despite frequently running at the front in the six races he contested, and finishing on the podium at Mondello Park, Peter has made a surprise decision to stand down from Team B&Q Jet York City Racing for the immediate future

"With John (B&Q) injured, I was happy to drive the car and help the team out and we scored some good results together. But my wife Kim is shortly expecting our first child and at each race weekend, an increasing part of my mind is back home with her! Since I cannot currently give the team 110% commitment, I have made the difficult decision not to drive for the time being".

Stuart Isherwood (team manager) is sorry to see Cate go, commenting, "Peter's input has certainly taken the team forward thus far. We wish him well with his expanding family and don't expect it to be long before he is back behind the wheel of a racing car."

As a stand in driver not expecting to race in 2001, Peter's performance in the aging 1999 Honda Accord has been remarkable.

Round 5 - Thruxton Sprint - after a great first lap, Peter led the race first time out - finished sixth after another car bent his steering

Round 6 - Thruxton Feature - ran second before oil leak spun him out - struggled home in tenth place after visiting the pits for repairs

Round 7 - Silverstone Sprint - gambled on slick tyres but the track didn't dry in time - took fastest lap by nearly five seconds in the closing stages

Round 8 - Silverstone Feature - ran as high as third but numerous impacts from other cars pushed him down to fifth at the flag after a good recovery drive

Round 9 - Mondello Sprint - meteoric start saw him climb to second and hold that position, but total brake failure meant a non-finish

Round 10 - Mondello Feature - a careful run to avoid brake problems in tricky wet-dry was rewarded by third place on the podium

We can only imagine what Peter would have achieved in the 2001 spec car of his team mate.

"Racing's in my blood: I love the sport and I still have as strong a desire to win as when I first started club racing! It's difficult having to stop for a while, but this is just a temporary intermission - I will be back! In the meantime I want to thank the team, and incredible B&Qsi supporters and other fans, and particularly John for giving me the unexpected opportunity to drive."
Best of luck to you and Kim, mate, and hopefully we'll see you back in the BTCC before too long
Old 9 Jul 2002, 18:34 (Ref:330406)   #19
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i'll echo that, good luck with ickle cato
Old 9 Jul 2002, 18:39 (Ref:330411)   #20
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats to Hyla who I never actually got to meet last year, and all the best to Peter and hope to see you trackside at some point.
Old 9 Jul 2002, 20:16 (Ref:330495)   #21
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Shame that we won't get to see more of Peter racing for Team B&Q, but best of luck to Hyla for Croft and the remainder of the season
Old 10 Jul 2002, 09:40 (Ref:330878)   #22
Cato
Rookie

Cato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Just wanted to write a personal "thank you" to all you guys for the well wishes and incredible support through the season. No other BTCC team can boast such loyal fans and it made all the hard work worthwhile to see those happy faces in front of the Mondello podium!

I really enjoyed the events we contested together and I hope the results we achieved speak for themselves - Team B&Q is a force to be reckoned with! It was great to work with John who reminded me that racing at this level can still be fun!

As soon as I am able I hope to be back, but right now I am concentrating on being a father-to-be, which is infinitely more challenging than any race circuit (at least race circuits are predictable!)

I hope to be at some of the closer-to-home events this season so I look forward to seeing you trackside. Enjoy watching Hyla, and good luck at Croft!!

Old 10 Jul 2002, 11:44 (Ref:330998)   #23
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Old 10 Jul 2002, 16:31 (Ref:331187)   #24
Rumblestrip
Rookie

Rumblestrip should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It really sux that Cato is stoping after doing so well in that car. I dont realy understand why Cato was made to drive it instead of Edwards. :confused:

I dont rate Edwards much apart from that Croft race when everyone fell off in the rain, he didnt do very well in the same car compared to Cato

Id rather see Cato stay and Edwards go. Come back soon Cato and I best wishes for baby Cato.
Old 10 Jul 2002, 17:05 (Ref:331198)   #25
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good luck with the baby Cato, hope to see you back on track soon, meanwhile good luck to Hyla.

See you at Brands!