Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 5 May 2018, 20:19 (Ref:3820148)   #651
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Hope Ginetta don’t miss any more races
Eh, Ginetta have never entered. Manor did though.
Old 5 May 2018, 20:33 (Ref:3820150)   #652
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
The LMP race was boring. Somebody talk about GTE and give them respect. Porsche looked like they had the day won. But I always had a feeling that the Ford would get them in the final hour. They were just bidding there time.
Old 5 May 2018, 20:40 (Ref:3820151)   #653
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Maybe this series isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Just hope we have some close battles between the privateers
Old 5 May 2018, 21:30 (Ref:3820167)   #654
Irie
Racer

Irie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
#1 Rebellion Dqed
https://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/...inish-1034122/
Old 5 May 2018, 21:35 (Ref:3820168)   #655
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well that escalated quickly
Old 5 May 2018, 21:35 (Ref:3820169)   #656
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Shame.

I don’t recall any off track moments that would have caused that?
Old 5 May 2018, 21:41 (Ref:3820171)   #657
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
At least Rebellion still get a car on the podium, galling as this must be for the #1 given what happened during the race.

Let's hope that's most of their misfortune taken care of at the start of the season.
Old 5 May 2018, 21:48 (Ref:3820172)   #658
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
That sucks, but 1.2 mm is more than it sounds at first.
Old 5 May 2018, 21:55 (Ref:3820176)   #659
XtC24
Racer

XtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridXtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, well I remember last year the threads for 6h races had less than 10 pages.
Hmm, what's going on? ��
Old 5 May 2018, 21:58 (Ref:3820178)   #660
S griffin
Veteran

Maybe there was less to talk about last time, but it seems not much was going on in this one either, so maybe people had more time to post on here
Old 5 May 2018, 22:05 (Ref:3820180)   #661
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Except there was plenty goin on

Less so at the front, but that was the case last year as well.
Old 5 May 2018, 22:22 (Ref:3820182)   #662
S griffin
Veteran

As long as we have the GTs, there’ll always be something going on. As I said, let’s hope for closer battles among the privateers in LMP1
Old 5 May 2018, 22:33 (Ref:3820184)   #663
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtC24 View Post
Well, well I remember last year the threads for 6h races had less than 10 pages.
Hmm, what's going on? ��
Post-LM threads always have had low traffic in comparison, especially Fuji/Shanghai/Bahrain

Anyway... It was decent race. More off track issues than on track... And in any case it never was really gonna matter what happened here, LM will be the real test for everyone. No parades and hideouts
Old 6 May 2018, 01:12 (Ref:3820202)   #664
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Post-LM threads always have had low traffic in comparison, especially Fuji/Shanghai/Bahrain

Anyway... It was decent race. More off track issues than on track... And in any case it never was really gonna matter what happened here, LM will be the real test for everyone. No parades and hideouts
There is low traffic when it comes to GTE discussions! None whatsoever.
Old 6 May 2018, 01:26 (Ref:3820204)   #665
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
post race thoughts:

- EoT prove to be too in favor of Toyota. They could go back to EoT used at the prologue (or something in middle maybe). I doubt they will change it before Le Mans.
- Of the 7 P1 cars, all six running cars at the end were at the first 6 positions (beside the #1 exclusion)
- ByKolles needs at least 2 seconds per lap to be on the corversation, however they ended up without mayor problems.
- The AER engines survived and the SMP cars were right there behind the Rebellions in performance.
- First time we see a Dallara P2 in so good form (at least for part of the race)
- we all want to see Ginetta/Manor at Le Mans whatever way it could be made.
Old 6 May 2018, 02:52 (Ref:3820212)   #666
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtC24 View Post
Hmm, what's going on? ��
I was going on comment on the level of interest here for the race. There were a huge amount of posts in the race thread! I'm happy about that, and glad to see there is both interest in the series and people wanting to talk about it.
Old 6 May 2018, 04:18 (Ref:3820223)   #667
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I was going on comment on the level of interest here for the race. There were a huge amount of posts in the race thread! I'm happy about that, and glad to see there is both interest in the series and people wanting to talk about it.
And you were post 666, fitting some would say

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Old 6 May 2018, 04:20 (Ref:3820224)   #668
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
And you were post 666, fitting some would say

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
I'm lying if I didn't notice that while writing!
Old 6 May 2018, 05:13 (Ref:3820225)   #669
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I contributed more to the race thread than normal. That was basically because I ended up free and then planned to watch. I should have been at a race meeting, but then should have been moving house imminently. This later got delayed and meant this weekend was freer than I thought.

However I guess it is unlikely that all of the increased traffic is caused by similar things.
Old 6 May 2018, 06:07 (Ref:3820232)   #670
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Meh looks like wec is back to 2012/2013 when Audi won every thing before and including Le Mans with no competition.boringg P1 class again I guess,Toyota's and FA's win are without merit and shallow.le mans will be a joke this year,just like the fia/aco have done with this race,anything to keep Alonso in the headlines.

And I've said it before with rebellion when they came to the US,they are a good team and great guys.but they are not a top level championship winning team when there's real competition involved.i laugh at the hopes that rebellion will stick it to Toyota.

GTE pro is finally really good with the Porsche's up to speed,gt's 488s,and now the new BMW and Aston martins.its a good field to put on a good show not just a 6 hour parade.

GTE AM also put on a good showing.
Old 6 May 2018, 06:37 (Ref:3820236)   #671
Irie
Racer

Irie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Found this posted in another forum
https://twitter.com/thebpillar/statu...93723821465602

Old 6 May 2018, 06:52 (Ref:3820237)   #672
Irie
Racer

Also Kamui gets a fine for not attending the podium but more importantly also penalty points.
http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/Res...ision%2043.pdf
Old 6 May 2018, 07:13 (Ref:3820238)   #673
S griffin
Veteran

Really? Penalty points for an off track issue? I don't think Kamui will be very happy
Old 6 May 2018, 08:39 (Ref:3820255)   #674
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irie View Post
Found this posted in another forum
https://twitter.com/thebpillar/statu...93723821465602

Interesting to see. I was keen to see how Fernando would stack up against his team-mates and this shows he's right in the ballpark. It did look like Conway could close him down at will at the end of the race, but he should only improve - but the good news for Toyota is that he doesn't seem to be off the pace like Webber was in his first season with Porsche.
Old 6 May 2018, 08:44 (Ref:3820257)   #675
XtC24
Racer

XtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridXtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Of Course it's fantastic but I thought It was at least partially due to Alonso effect ��