Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 12 Jun 2013, 15:35 (Ref:3261597)   #1
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
LM24 Le Mans 2013 LIVECHAT

Hi all,

As always we will be active in the live chat room for most of the week and then also for the race over the weekend! This thread is to remind you of that and also in case any of you are having issues with accessing or using the live chat feature.

This thread does not replace any other threads where we discuss sessions on the forum. Those will be created if/when they are needed.

If you are having issues using the IRCChat link top right (the CGIchat) then please download your own chat client. (something like MIRC or chatzilla for firefox will work better). There are many other clients too, google is your friend.

The CGIchat works OK for most user's but will kick everyone off every so often. it also sometimes "lags" behind and you will think no-one is chatting to you.

So the best option is to install a client as mentioned above. Once installed please use your 10ths nickname and then type '/server irc.phishy.net' to log onto the chat server. And then '/join #motorsport' to join the channel.

Another alternate option, where you do not have to install any client is to use the MIBBIT CHAT. Please change your nick to your 10ths username and then click on "GO" and you should be up and chatting! If you forget to change your nick before you join, you can type "/nick 10thsnick" without the quoted. Replace "10thsnick" with your own nickname obviously.

Please post here if you are having issues or if this workaround has worked for you.

Please remember the chat room is part of 10ths so all 10ths rules apply there too.
We also have a bit of fun... so for example the ClerkoftheCourse doesnt permit anyone speaking about "sleep" and possibly a few other topics during the Le Mans week.

We also have some chat stats running, for some friendly competition to see who can chat the most. Chatstats abuse will not tolerated though.
See stats for the previous few LeMans weeks... 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and for 2013

Any issues post here AND PM myself.. I will attempt to keep an eye on this thread for the duration of the race. Sleep permitting... Oops I just made a bad word!!

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 13 Jun 2013, 17:08 (Ref:3262214)   #2
RoeDent
Racer

Wales
Wales
RoeDent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to it. Will be my third 24 Heures du Chat.
Old 14 Jun 2013, 04:38 (Ref:3262430)   #3
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoeDent View Post
Was the first in 1988 when Jaguar won?
Old 14 Jun 2013, 07:52 (Ref:3262488)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
Was the first in 1988 when Jaguar won?

'Chat' then was face to face with the person sitting next to you!
Old 14 Jun 2013, 09:03 (Ref:3262545)   #5
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm sad that I can't chat with you guys this year!
But going there myself, makes it all better. I hope the new EU law, which uniforms all Mobile charges (talk, Sms and data), will soon become a true law, so I can join you from trackside

Don't forget not to sleep .
Old 16 Jun 2013, 05:42 (Ref:3263291)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post

Hmmmm.......
Old 17 Jun 2013, 09:03 (Ref:3263703)   #7
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Kick him!!

Ill miss chatting to you CTD but enjoy the race. Cant wait to chat for as long as Im around during the 24hrs.
Old 17 Jun 2013, 11:56 (Ref:3263760)   #8
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
I'll be there, it has become part of my LM race experience pretty much
Old 17 Jun 2013, 22:08 (Ref:3264035)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Kick him!!

Ill miss chatting to you CTD but enjoy the race. Cant wait to chat for as long as Im around during the 24hrs.
Why, are you going shopping? Don't tell me you've bought an M3????
Old 18 Jun 2013, 00:04 (Ref:3264073)   #10
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Why, are you going shopping? Don't tell me you've bought an M3????
Ah you have found me out. Alas I have brought an M3, all your raving on about it piqued my curiosity so I went to my local BMW dealer and brought one. I will think of you Ayse when I am loading my groceries into the boot.

In all seriousness Red Bull and enthusiasm gets me only so far, anyone who has seen me on chat at the longer races will know what I am talking about it-dare we not speak of it....
Old 18 Jun 2013, 06:37 (Ref:3264165)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That bad eh? You clearly need to do some training before the weekend!
Old 18 Jun 2013, 07:38 (Ref:3264205)   #12
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
That bad eh? You clearly need to do some training before the weekend!
Ive been training for this weekend all my life

Really looking forward to chatting during the race and some of the practice and quali also. Watching motor racing aint the same without the crazy tenths chatters regulars. Wonder how Kitty's doing?
Old 19 Jun 2013, 14:10 (Ref:3264868)   #13
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Remember to join us for live chat! Details in the 1st post!

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 19 Jun 2013, 21:21 (Ref:3265131)   #14
Simonfield
Rookie

England
Haverhill, Suffolk, UK
Simonfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is anybody not able to get onto the IRC chat?

getting the following message:

End of /MOTD command.

-OperServ- The session limit for your host tentenths.com has been exceeded.
Old 20 Jun 2013, 01:55 (Ref:3265240)   #15
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonfield View Post
is anybody not able to get onto the IRC chat?

getting the following message:

End of /MOTD command.

-OperServ- The session limit for your host tentenths.com has been exceeded.
Hey Simon,

Sorry only see your message now.. Were you using the 10ths CGI chat or the MIBBIT client? If one won't let you in try the other one

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 20 Jun 2013, 02:08 (Ref:3265247)   #16
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoeDent View Post
Stats says it will be your 4th Although seems your "1st" you were only about for qually but not during the race.

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 20 Jun 2013, 21:28 (Ref:3265724)   #17
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Currently an issue with the CGI chat link for 10ths. So please use your own client or mibbit...

Use this link for mibbit.

http://cbe005.chat.mibbit.com/?serve...=%23motorsport

Remember to enter your nick and then press GO

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 22 Jun 2013, 13:48 (Ref:3266609)   #18
Avionic
Rookie

Denmark
Avionic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently i am now banned from IRC.
What did i do to get the message "You are banned from PhishyNET (Session limit exceeded)"
And how can I fix it?
Old 22 Jun 2013, 13:59 (Ref:3266636)   #19
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avionic View Post
Apparently i am now banned from IRC.
What did i do to get the message "You are banned from PhishyNET (Session limit exceeded)"
And how can I fix it?
Same problem here.
Old 22 Jun 2013, 15:25 (Ref:3266802)   #20
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Please use the mibbit chat.. Link in 1st post...

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 13:10 (Ref:3268861)   #21
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Hi all,

Same as last year, just a quick thanks to all who chatted with us over the week. We have had a busy week and while not quite as busy as last year we still had a really good time in the chat throughout the week and also the race.

With a total of 25924 lines of chat during the week last year we made it to 22729 lines of chat since Monday the 17th until 30mins after the race ended.

So again thanks to all who chatted and thanks for the good behavior too giving us chat mods a minimum to do other than enjoy the race with you. Also thanks to all the chat mods for helping out! And thanks to Magneton for sorting a few issues out for us also.

Well done to all those who made it through the chat with pretty much no rest. I didn't quite make it through the night! Helping people move house on Saturday didn't help!

For those interested here are the LeMans 24hr 2013 Chat Stats

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 19:08 (Ref:3269087)   #22
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cougar I'm very disappointed with you, I expected you up through the whole race!

But I'm glad to hear that it was good weekend in the Chat, and I though of you guys when I was down there .
I honestly miss it, but being there is just better