Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 28 Sep 2009, 17:04 (Ref:2549883)   #1
trahsub
Racer

United States
Long Island, NY
trahsub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Muscle Milk RS get engine upgrade (DI)?

Any chance Pickett's team will get the DI engine for 2010? Is Porsche willing or able to provide a DI engine?
Old 28 Sep 2009, 17:27 (Ref:2549899)   #2
d.rocky
Racer

England
Lola country.
d.rocky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you mean p1?
whats d1?
Old 28 Sep 2009, 17:34 (Ref:2549908)   #3
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
DI = Direct Injection.

I haven't followed this much, but I thought that Porsche already had a DI engine for the car end of last year? Or at least I am pretty sure they had developed one.
Old 28 Sep 2009, 17:38 (Ref:2549912)   #4
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, but Cytosport aren't running it at the moment. RLM asked Pickett during Petit, but I don't remember what he said about next year.
Old 28 Sep 2009, 18:14 (Ref:2549939)   #5
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
Yes, but Cytosport aren't running it at the moment. RLM asked Pickett during Petit, but I don't remember what he said about next year.
I heard pieces of that too, but don't remember the exact answer other than something like "porsche is always working to make the car better......"
Old 28 Sep 2009, 18:19 (Ref:2549946)   #6
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The correct answer is no they most likely won't because porsche says with the restrictor cut on the P2 the regular engine makes more power than the DI. Thats why they didn;t run it at lemans. The disadvantages outweigh the benefits.

In essence its because of the restrictor
Old 28 Sep 2009, 18:41 (Ref:2549964)   #7
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
The correct answer is no they most likely won't because porsche says with the restrictor cut on the P2 the regular engine makes more power than the DI. Thats why they didn;t run it at lemans. The disadvantages outweigh the benefits.
That is not the correct answer, because the question was about next year, whenI'd expect different restrictor rules to equalise the classes.
Old 28 Sep 2009, 19:13 (Ref:2549989)   #8
trahsub
Racer

United States
Long Island, NY
Perhaps VAG will offer the best engine for the task when the new rules come out on restriction.
Old 29 Sep 2009, 03:47 (Ref:2550218)   #9
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I spoke to Greg Pickett prior to the race, he had a meeting with Porsche regarding 2010 on Friday. He will run full season, funding it entirely. There will be no DI for sure but there are some other development pieces for the car still coming. I am really glad to hear there is an RS Spyder back in the series for next year. Greg's passion is infectious. Between these guys and Drayson I already have a couple of protos to cheer for next year.
Old 29 Sep 2009, 03:59 (Ref:2550224)   #10
trahsub
Racer

United States
Long Island, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
I spoke to Greg Pickett prior to the race, he had a meeting with Porsche regarding 2010 on Friday. He will run full season, funding it entirely. There will be no DI for sure but there are some other development pieces for the car still coming. I am really glad to hear there is an RS Spyder back in the series for next year. Greg's passion is infectious. Between these guys and Drayson I already have a couple of protos to cheer for next year.
Does Cytosport sell enough Muscle Milk to bring the car to Le Mans?
Old 29 Sep 2009, 04:17 (Ref:2550232)   #11
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by trahsub View Post
Does Cytosport sell enough Muscle Milk to bring the car to Le Mans?
It sells enough that he raced there in 2008.
Old 29 Sep 2009, 06:05 (Ref:2550259)   #12
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Well , the team doing the running was a European team called Charouz .

So the cytosport team bought the car and entry , a bit differant to bringing your own team from across the pond .