Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 14 Jul 2009, 00:18 (Ref:2501255)   #76
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
So, the Camaros P&M is working on for Grand Am are being done at the behest of GM?

Like I said above, the new GT1s aren't that terribly slow, and they haven't been out on track that long. Biagi turned a 1:14.4 in the race at Adria in the Matech Ford GT, and the pair of Ford GTs came 6th and 7th at Oschersleben (ahead of 4 Saleens and the Nissan GTR).
Old 14 Jul 2009, 03:12 (Ref:2501304)   #77
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
So, the Camaros P&M is working on for Grand Am are being done at the behest of GM?

Like I said above, the new GT1s aren't that terribly slow, and they haven't been out on track that long. Biagi turned a 1:14.4 in the race at Adria in the Matech Ford GT, and the pair of Ford GTs came 6th and 7th at Oschersleben (ahead of 4 Saleens and the Nissan GTR).

If you are talking about the, Riley built, Koni challenge cars? Then yes, he was awarded the gig through GM! here

This is also not the Halo GM flagship racer being built & raced by GM's 'works' team!

It will be a Riley built arrive and drive customer car, here, Day and Night!

L.P.
Old 14 Jul 2009, 07:02 (Ref:2501352)   #78
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
P&M are working on new bodywork(s) for the GXP.Rs in Rolex GT.
Old 14 Jul 2009, 11:22 (Ref:2501484)   #79
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Aston Martin more than just a rumor now!

Customers asked them for up(down??)grade kits for the DBR9 and they'll supply them if the FIA agrees.
if the FIA and SRO agree for AMR, for sure Corvette will ask the same for the C6.R. The MC12 and S7-R will be for sure removed as they are "supercars"
Old 14 Jul 2009, 14:37 (Ref:2501607)   #80
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru_WRX_STi View Post
if the FIA and SRO agree for AMR, for sure Corvette will ask the same for the C6.R. The MC12 and S7-R will be for sure removed as they are "supercars"
Indeed, we'd end up with Nissan, Ford, Ferrari, Lambo, Aston and Corvette where the last 3 are grandfatherd GT1s and the Ferrari is an upgraded GT2 car. Only 2 cars will actually be cars originally designed for the new regulations.

I'm not complaining tho, I'd be more then happy to see those 6 cars battle it out!
Old 14 Jul 2009, 15:49 (Ref:2501634)   #81
geeteeone
Racer

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes, UK
geeteeone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1 View Post
Indeed, we'd end up with Nissan, Ford, Ferrari, Lambo, Aston and Corvette where the last 3 are grandfatherd GT1s and the Ferrari is an upgraded GT2 car. Only 2 cars will actually be cars originally designed for the new regulations.
The Lamborghini Murcielago SV is an all-new car designed to the 2010 rules, not a modified Murcielago R-GT, although I'm sure there is a lot of carry over.
Old 14 Jul 2009, 18:22 (Ref:2501756)   #82
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
You actually think that Pratt & Miller would go against the wishes of Doug Fehan and GM as it concerns the C6.Rs? Hmm, biting the hand that feeds you, not to smart nor very good for business as a mfg's 'works' builder!
L.P.
And if the "works" would quit factory racing, because of a collapsed business climate, not taking other projects simply to remain the "works" builder is obtuse from a business sense.
Old 14 Jul 2009, 18:45 (Ref:2501769)   #83
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Riebe View Post
And if the "works" would quit factory racing, because of a collapsed business climate, not taking other projects simply to remain the "works" builder is obtuse from a business sense.
But the "works" has not quit racing, nor does it seem they plan to as the Corvette program is a winner for the business! Reality is often a female dog! P&M are still under contract and, if GM stays, will more than likely renew, obtuse my arse.

L.P.
Old 14 Jul 2009, 20:31 (Ref:2501843)   #84
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeteeone View Post
The Lamborghini Murcielago SV is an all-new car designed to the 2010 rules, not a modified Murcielago R-GT, although I'm sure there is a lot of carry over.
True, but I belive I heard they would carry over A LOT from the R-GT as it would cost way too much for them to develope it from the ground up. But yeah, still theres 2 grandfatherd cars and one upgraded GT2 car. One can just hope that for the 2nd year of the new GT1 those 3 manufacturers (Aston, Vette, Ferrari) will develope new real GT1 cars, wishful thinking maybe? Still, I belive those 6 manufacturers are the right ones to be in GT1, only thing I can complain about is that Porsche isnt one of them.
Old 14 Jul 2009, 20:39 (Ref:2501846)   #85
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The whole thing is ridiculous. It will never last.
Old 14 Jul 2009, 21:42 (Ref:2501884)   #86
tux1234
Racer

tux1234 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ok im sorry Horndawg perhaps i may have misunderstood something i read about Pratt & Miller concerning the 2010 world championship. I realise my post was misleading and again i appologise.
Old 16 Jul 2009, 02:16 (Ref:2502551)   #87
pitviper
Racer

pitviper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would love to see a GT1-aero F430 Scuderia. Maybe a bit of a SuperGT influence, like the Ford GT seems to have.

this-ish perhaps:

pit
Old 16 Jul 2009, 06:15 (Ref:2502572)   #88
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitviper View Post
I would love to see a GT1-aero F430 Scuderia. Maybe a bit of a SuperGT influence, like the Ford GT seems to have.

this-ish perhaps:

pit
We are more likely to see a 599 based Gt1 imo
Old 16 Jul 2009, 13:34 (Ref:2502772)   #89
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd prefare GT2 or GT3 Evo's like the 430 with more extreme aero and bigger restrictor's.

IMO going for big 599's etc., weighing 1300kg+, with only 600bhp is the wrong direction.

Overweight car's will destroy their speed and spectacle.
Old 16 Jul 2009, 15:56 (Ref:2502836)   #90
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Yeah but this class of racing, at the top end of it anyway, has always been about 'big bangers' they look and sound better surely and are often the flagship car in the range, unless we're talking about specials like the original GT1's from 12-15 years ago?

However, I can't see Ferrari doing a 599 either, much simpler to 'alter' a 430.
Old 17 Jul 2009, 03:26 (Ref:2503085)   #91
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently, Audi want in on GT1 as well...
Old 17 Jul 2009, 08:58 (Ref:2503174)   #92
JayBMS
Racer

Italy
JayBMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari have allready said they won't do a 599 gt1, they are looking at upgrading the 430 though
Old 17 Jul 2009, 09:27 (Ref:2503190)   #93
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBMS View Post
Ferrari have allready said they won't do a 599 gt1, they are looking at upgrading the 430 though
We will see

Also There is no way they will do a 430 based car now with its replacement due to be revealed in the next few weeks.
Old 17 Jul 2009, 22:17 (Ref:2503555)   #94
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Yeah but this class of racing, at the top end of it anyway, has always been about 'big bangers' they look and sound better surely and are often the flagship car in the range, unless we're talking about specials like the original GT1's from 12-15 years ago?

However, I can't see Ferrari doing a 599 either, much simpler to 'alter' a 430.
Is the 599 Ferrari's flagship car, or just a pacey grand tourer?

If money was no option I'd be buying a top of the range 430 (or replacement) not what I see as a slower, luxory cruiser in the 599.

599's, DB9's and such are Bentley rival's, the GT racing focus is on the 430 Scuderia's, 911 GT3's, Gallardo's and such.

If you wish to move a step higher you need to look at Zonda R's, Enzo's etc., but then your into $1m hyper car's, and moving into P1 territory.
Old 20 Jul 2009, 16:40 (Ref:2504970)   #95
gucom
Racer

gucom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ive never driven anything close to a ferrari so I'm just going on what the magazines say... but they say the 599 is a great grand tourer but an even better supercar, really, really hard if you're pushing it. It's not merely a replacement for the 550/575 Maranello, it's a class up in terms of hardcore sportscar abilities (Ferrari themselves described it as a replacement for the F40, which to me sounds a bit too much, but it does signal that this car is meant to be a properly quick car)
Old 20 Jul 2009, 16:44 (Ref:2504972)   #96
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBMS View Post
Ferrari have allready said they won't do a 599 gt1
Ferrari say lots of things. For all we know they could announce the projects completion later today!
Old 21 Jul 2009, 07:53 (Ref:2505251)   #97
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone seen a draft calendar for 2010, and what are the chances of the championship coming to Australia?
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 21 Jul 2009, 08:25 (Ref:2505264)   #98
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly13 View Post
Has anyone seen a draft calendar for 2010, and what are the chances of the championship coming to Australia?
Actually, the chances are pretty good. There was an article about that on endurance-info.com recently.

Here
Old 21 Jul 2009, 09:00 (Ref:2505293)   #99
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Actually, the chances are pretty good. There was an article about that on endurance-info.com recently.

Here
Thanks mate, any idea when the actual calendar will be released?
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 21 Jul 2009, 12:09 (Ref:2505402)   #100
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly13 View Post
Autosport published that it's going to Eastern Creek, which will be modified into a clock-wise circuit. Also, many of the corners will be tightened.