Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Sep 2009, 18:56 (Ref:2533302)   #101
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Although no one can be sure and even myself can't believe this to be the case, but some people are saying that the Piquets has nothing to do with the accusations and both are ignoring the claims about it.
I can't remember if it's been mentioned here or not lately (a lot's happened lately) but there was a suggestion that actually it's Massa that revealed the details
Old 2 Sep 2009, 18:58 (Ref:2533306)   #102
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Currently there is no official press release on the FIA website with regards to any sort of investigation.Maybe it's the 'non-story' of the year?
Old 2 Sep 2009, 20:05 (Ref:2533351)   #103
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Currently there is no official press release on the FIA website with regards to any sort of investigation.Maybe it's the 'non-story' of the year?
Bernie's already confirmed that the FIA is investigating it
Old 2 Sep 2009, 20:37 (Ref:2533367)   #104
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The FIA don't have to make a press release about everything, we don't want a press conference every time a presidential candidate guffs.
Old 2 Sep 2009, 20:44 (Ref:2533372)   #105
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
I can't remember if it's been mentioned here or not lately (a lot's happened lately) but there was a suggestion that actually it's Massa that revealed the details
Funny that you mentioned it, because I just read the opposite about this :http://globoesporte.globo.com/Esport...ANDO+VOLT.html

When asked about it, he made jokes about it : "I have nothing to say ! You should ask Briatore... (laughs)"...

He's very happy that everything is going well with his recovery, he will do a little plastic surgery and will start with exercises to recover his form and race with go-karts... he said F1 only in 2010 if everything goes as planned. He started a new formula in Brazil for the next year, Formula Future, in a Racing Festival event today.

Old 2 Sep 2009, 21:41 (Ref:2533396)   #106
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Joe Saward reveals The Singapore scandal in depth. If his information is correct, and it usually is, then the potential repercussions are enormous.
Old 2 Sep 2009, 21:56 (Ref:2533401)   #107
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Karma for 1994? How ironic it should come from Brazil, and perhaps from a Piquet - given Snrs relationship with Senna.
Old 2 Sep 2009, 23:59 (Ref:2533478)   #108
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Ah! "Option 13".

I think that it was Senna who stood at a corner at the Aida circuit in 94 and didn't like the sound of Schumachers Benetton (the two Benetton's sounded 'different') as it went passed him.He was convinced that it had traction control.
Old 3 Sep 2009, 00:11 (Ref:2533483)   #109
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Ah! "Option 13".

I think that it was Senna who stood at a corner at the Aida circuit in 94 and didn't like the sound of Schumachers Benetton (the two Benetton's sounded 'different') as it went passed him.He was convinced that it had traction control.
The "Option 13" story is great story to look back on now, but at the time it was rightly a scandal.

Off-topic fact. The FIA had to head-hunt someone from Liverpool Data Research to get to the bottom of it all. His name was Alan Prudom and, as far as I know, he's still there as the FIA Software Consultant.

The relevance to today is that if Benetton (now Renault) were prepared to go to such lengths back then, allegedly, what would they be willing to do nowadays?
Old 3 Sep 2009, 00:34 (Ref:2533492)   #110
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
They hadn't won a race for ages and ING were making a big thing out of sponsoring that particular race,so who knows.
Old 3 Sep 2009, 00:41 (Ref:2533493)   #111
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Ah! "Option 13".

Yeah, I still can remember that day clearly. Senna was angry, confused and reckless... a perfect circunstance to get someone to go beyond his limits.
Old 3 Sep 2009, 00:42 (Ref:2533494)   #112
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Uhn... right now Rubens is talking about the scandal...
Old 3 Sep 2009, 04:15 (Ref:2533527)   #113
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
That reminds me. Can't remember who it was that said it but someone said that Piquet couldn't have done it intentionally because he crashed into the wall so hard - he could've just spun and stalled in a dangerous place, as that would be cheaper.
I think that was me....
Old 3 Sep 2009, 04:22 (Ref:2533529)   #114
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
I don't see the problem with it. There's been ludicrous team orders before, and there will be more in the future. That's just how Formula 1 is.
Old 3 Sep 2009, 04:31 (Ref:2533533)   #115
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Whaddy'a know what will be the results of this scandal...
Old 3 Sep 2009, 04:40 (Ref:2533534)   #116
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I don't see the problem with it. There's been ludicrous team orders before, and there will be more in the future. That's just how Formula 1 is.
It's not the team order I was querying. At the time I was saying this because I didn't think anyone would deliberately crash so hard as the consequences - like personal injury - could have been serious.

Now I'm thinking, if he was asked to make sure the safety car was used, he might have deliberately smashed the car far harder than was necessary to demonstrate his frustration at the team!
Old 3 Sep 2009, 05:02 (Ref:2533537)   #117
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
Karma for 1994? How ironic it should come from Brazil, and perhaps from a Piquet - given Snrs relationship with Senna.
Perhaps. This could close an evil circle where the implicated people are not exactly saints, and it's very seen that they're hidding skeletons in their placards... Very frightening...
Old 3 Sep 2009, 05:13 (Ref:2533543)   #118
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis

Quote:
He's very happy that everything is going well with his recovery, he will do a little plastic surgery and will start with exercises to recover his form and race with go-karts... he said F1 only in 2010 if everything goes as planned. He started a new formula in Brazil for the next year, Formula Future, in a Racing Festival event today.

Very interesting thing that of Formula Future, though, mainly considering that F. Renault 2000 was gone in Brazil some years ago. Which cars would they use? Could be it like Argentinian F. Renault? (with one-make tubular chasisses) Or with carbon-fibre ones?
Old 3 Sep 2009, 06:14 (Ref:2533550)   #119
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah, I still can remember that day clearly. Senna was angry, confused and reckless... a perfect circunstance to get someone to go beyond his limits.
We read from the same hymn sheet then brother, there is a circle that is not yet complete here.
Old 3 Sep 2009, 06:17 (Ref:2533551)   #120
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
Perhaps. This could close an evil circle where the implicated people are not exactly saints, and it's very seen that they're hidding skeletons in their placards... Very frightening...
It would certainly be a little more than ironic if the skeletons in Flav's cupboard meant he got banned from F1, just when he thinks he will be taking over from Ecclestone.

Still he can always go back to ruining QPR, he's doing a great job so far, they are an absolute joke of a team to be honest.
Old 3 Sep 2009, 11:21 (Ref:2533696)   #121
Lotusonpole
Veteran

United Kingdom
NW England
Lotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I seem to remember the team in its earlier form as Benneton was also at the centre of another controversial act, this time involving MS in the last race of the 1994 season at Australia. MS colided with D Hill putting them both out, and as neither scored MS won his first championship.
Whether Ms colliding with DH was accidental or not has never been offically proven.
Although I remember watching the replay of MS in car and thinking he did not just steer back on to the track but actually wrenched the steering wheel into DH deliberately. Team orders?
This part of the video sequence has rarely been seen since if at all.

Just thinking out loud.
Old 3 Sep 2009, 11:30 (Ref:2533702)   #122
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotusonpole View Post
I seem to remember the team in its earlier form as Benneton was also at the centre of another controversial act, this time involving MS in the last race of the 1994 season at Australia. MS colided with D Hill putting them both out, and as neither scored MS won his first championship.
Whether Ms colliding with DH was accidental or not has never been offically proven.
Although I remember watching the replay of MS in car and thinking he did not just steer back on to the track but actually wrenched the steering wheel into DH deliberately. Team orders?
This part of the video sequence has rarely been seen since if at all.

Just thinking out loud.

I would say thats more blatant than Senna on Prost in 1990 at Suzuka - at least Ayrtons car was actually still running when he hit Prost, whereas Schu just steered a broken car into Damons oncoming Williams.
Old 3 Sep 2009, 11:45 (Ref:2533718)   #123
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Off-topic, but I totally agree.

Michael was steering a dead car around the track after going off only the corner before, damaging his suspension (?) by ramming the right rear of his car into the barrier.

MS slowed, Damon ducked down the inside of the right hander, and MS steered into him. It was pretty much as simple as that

Not to say I wouldn't like to see wor Schu back in...

Selby
Old 3 Sep 2009, 14:34 (Ref:2533826)   #124
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Rumours

There are rumours starting that suggest that Renault team personnel were dotted around certain parts of the circuit during the period that lead up to the safety car,but then mysteriously disappeared thereafter!

Although a simple 'Your team mate has pitted' would be enough of a signal I would think.
Old 3 Sep 2009, 15:37 (Ref:2533866)   #125
bravo
Racer

England
North East England
bravo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
Very interesting thing that of Formula Future, though, mainly considering that F. Renault 2000 was gone in Brazil some years ago. Which cars would they use? Could be it like Argentinian F. Renault? (with one-make tubular chasisses) Or with carbon-fibre ones?
Judging by the image attached I'd imagine they are using Fiat Linea.

Quote:
There are rumours starting that suggest that Renault team personnel were dotted around certain parts of the circuit during the period that lead up to the safety car,but then mysteriously disappeared thereafter!

Although a simple 'Your team mate has pitted' would be enough of a signal I would think.
Rumours starting in post 124 of this thread?

A signal could be so easy providing you have spoken before the race. Something like "Fernando in this lap" or "Pit box is busy" or "Fernando is pitting, push to get infront of him"