Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Aug 2002, 19:23 (Ref:359323)   #1
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can Coulthard beat Hakkinen's record of 8 full seasons with McLaren?

Coulthard has been confirmed for next year, which will be his 8th year with McLaren, so he will equal Hakkinen's record of 8 years with them. But can he actually beat it? He will do if he is still racing with McLaren in 2004. Do you think he can do it?
Old 16 Aug 2002, 19:32 (Ref:359330)   #2
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i can't see why not, he's a good consistent and very experienced driver - he deserves a few more seasons at a top team.

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 16 Aug 2002, 20:09 (Ref:359353)   #3
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I know that DC's employment at McLaren seems to be in doubt every year, and somehow keeps his drive for the following season, but i honestly don't see him at McLaren in 2004, unless Kimi totally flops next year, and i don't see that happening.

Last edited by Mr V; 16 Aug 2002 at 20:10.
Old 16 Aug 2002, 20:24 (Ref:359366)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't think DC is really worthy of a top seat anymore. People used to say Ron favouritised Mika, without any evidence, but I think Ron just favours consistant driver lineups, and getting all the team memebers to bond and work to each other's strengths- he had Prost for 6 years and Senna for 6, and they both chose to move on. DC may get to carry on, but Mika consistantly outperformed him, and Kimi has outperformed him this year, but driver changes are a big deal to Ron.
Old 16 Aug 2002, 21:00 (Ref:359399)   #5
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Kimi has outperformed him this year
kimi has out perfromed DC in qualifing, but Dc has out perfromed Kimi in the races, so that isnt a fair statment

Last edited by Down F0rce; 16 Aug 2002 at 21:00.
Old 16 Aug 2002, 21:14 (Ref:359417)   #6
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Down Force, you have to take into account the differences in experience between Kimi and DC. Coulthard should be wipeing the floor with Kimi but the fact is he isn't and if anything Kimi has shown himself to be the better driver overall, even if the results havn't come his way.
Old 16 Aug 2002, 21:26 (Ref:359429)   #7
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Down F0rce

kimi has out perfromed DC in qualifing, but Dc has out perfromed Kimi in the races,
You tend to forget that Kimi has had the majority of the bad luck out of the two!
Old 16 Aug 2002, 21:32 (Ref:359437)   #8
Guy Goddard2
Racer

Guy Goddard2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DC should be out at Mclaren instead we have to indure that bloody speech he always gives off "this being his year for the world title" yawn yawn..

Guy
Old 16 Aug 2002, 22:26 (Ref:359478)   #9
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Every year it is the same, the most speculation about driver changes revolves around whether David loses his seat or not. I suspect is is mostly for continuity that David is staying next year. But I really feel that will be it for him at McLaren. Perhaps Toyota will be ready for him by then.

Old 17 Aug 2002, 00:38 (Ref:359529)   #10
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
David's ONLY there because he's a company man(good for merc promotional stuff).Someone like Villenueve for example would **** all over david,but do you think merc would agree?(imagine promo TV add-V getting out of a georgeous merc with scruffy beard and arse of his pants around his knees)
Old 17 Aug 2002, 02:32 (Ref:359559)   #11
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
DC won't be at McLaren in 2004 and he will only equal Hakk's record of 8 consecutive seasons.

I don't know who they will replace DC with (most members would know who I'd prefer) but I just want to see DC out of McLaren. For too long he's taken up one of the best seats in F1 and produced nothing really, except a few races wins, while his team-mate went on to be a double world champion.
Old 17 Aug 2002, 09:31 (Ref:359625)   #12
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DC could beat it, if he picks his opace up. McLaren won't want to keep him if Kimi keeps beating him in 2003.