Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 25 May 2007, 13:23 (Ref:1921031)   #26
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Back to the homeland of Scotland!
rcarr has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hmmm, slightly.

She looks too like Paula Abdul too much for my liking!
Old 25 May 2007, 13:38 (Ref:1921034)   #27
Ryan_Briscoe1
Racer

Australia
straya
Ryan_Briscoe1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I suppose the fact that she is hideously ugly isn't important, its the fact that if Danica wasn't a female then there is no way she would be driving in the irl, most likey still stuck in go karts. Its scary now that she is actually starting to believe the media hype.
Old 25 May 2007, 13:41 (Ref:1921038)   #28
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Back to the homeland of Scotland!
rcarr has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_Briscoe1
I suppose the fact that she is hideously ugly isn't important, its the fact that if Danica wasn't a female then there is no way she would be driving in the irl, most likey still stuck in go karts. Its scary now that she is actually starting to believe the media hype.
Too true! Whereas Katherine Legge has showed she can mix it with the best of them! Its a shame she can't get a better car to drive/ team to work with.
Old 25 May 2007, 18:57 (Ref:1921197)   #29
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarr
JohnSSC, I haven't commented on Danica's driving for a reason, the reason is I want to find out how many men find her attractive, not how good she is behind the wheel or did her looks boost her career in some way.
There is no rocket science to this. Danica, whatever you think of her looks (which is frankly unimportant to motorsport fans I suspect), is a marketable commodity because she is not an ordinary, stereotypical racing driver, not male or whatever. She is also a fairly competent driver.

The thread is woefully pointless. Roll on Sunday.

Last edited by Knowlesy; 25 May 2007 at 19:00.
Old 25 May 2007, 20:46 (Ref:1921259)   #30
amier
Racer

amier has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Thats it, Im her no1 fan now

Old 25 May 2007, 21:32 (Ref:1921275)   #31
redturner37
Rookie

England
Nottingham
redturner37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now that you have made all the sexist comments possible about Danica, why dont you start the racist comments about Hamilton, come on whats stopping you. Time to stop this thread and put it where it belongs, in the bin.
Old 25 May 2007, 23:15 (Ref:1921315)   #32
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Amazing what a good photographer and make up can do. She is an attractive woman, both in and out of race overalls Jodie Hemming is another good looking racer.
Old 25 May 2007, 23:34 (Ref:1921320)   #33
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
1) She finished 2nd in the Formula Ford Festival, so she's no mug behind the wheel.

2) In a sport where media and presentation are hugely important, she makes the most of the fact that most male fans find her more attractive than, say, Paul Tracy, and is astute enough to realize that it helps her career.

I say she's doing a fairly good job of making the most of her abilities, which is all you can ask of a racing driver. That's not sexist, it's realistic. At the moment, Lewis doesn't seem to be using his colour in any way, having far too much talent to need to, but if he did, it wouldn't be racist, just media savvy. It's not really different than a driver getting a drive they might not have done because they're the right nationality for the team, sponsors or current fashion.

In the end, regardless of all the publicity, they'll win if they're a) good enough, and b) in the right team/car. All the rest just gives them a better chance of acheiving b) to give them the opportunity of acheiving a)

Having said all that, the black swimsuit picture...
Old 26 May 2007, 00:59 (Ref:1921331)   #34
Bluewolf
Racer

United States
Woodland Hills California
Bluewolf has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redturner37
Now that you have made all the sexist comments possible about Danica, why dont you start the racist comments about Hamilton, come on whats stopping you. Time to stop this thread and put it where it belongs, in the bin.
Red -- You sound like you've just graduated from the University Of Contemporary Political Correctness -- This is not that big of a deal -- There's nothing wrong with noticing if a woman is appealing -- guys do that -- if you don't like it blame God -- That's the way SHE made us -- anyway I think she's kinda cute -- And I must say that this is the first year that I believe she could win this race - She has some indy 500's under her belt, she's been very quick in practice and if her car is handling well she could be a contender -----> Although I'm rooting for Michael Andretti even though I believe he has almost no chance -- but he's run sooo strong at Indy in the past with no wins to show --I would just really love to see him get this win.

Last edited by Bluewolf; 26 May 2007 at 01:05.
Old 26 May 2007, 01:20 (Ref:1921335)   #35
Ryan_Briscoe1
Racer

Australia
straya
Ryan_Briscoe1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redturner37

So if anyone says anything bad about danica then its automatically sexist? You should work with a news program, trying to dramatize everything. If a female driver is good enough and has deserved the right to drive at that level then great, fantastic for them. But there are so many other drivers that deserve that seat more then danica. If you honestly think that she would have that seat on driving merit alone then your off your head.
Old 26 May 2007, 02:15 (Ref:1921344)   #36
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
well some interesting comments made for sure , but its not one we really want to venture down here at ten Tenths.

To avoid any arguments Im closing the thread