Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 26 May 2007, 10:28 (Ref:1921461)   #1
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Freedom 100

Alex lloyd won the Freedom 100 at Indy yesterday, making it four wins in row this season.
Old 28 May 2007, 12:14 (Ref:1922764)   #2
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hopefully he will get a drive in the main IRL series or something better next year. the past few IPS winners havent done much

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 28 May 2007, 12:49 (Ref:1922806)   #3
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure any driver has dominated the championship though in the past, have they? Wade Cunningham took one win on his way to the championship in 2005, and Jay Howard took 2 wins (only on ovals) in the #7 Lucas Sam Schmidt car in 2006... to be honest, neither of those results would inspire me, were I an IndyCar team owner looking for the next big thing.

Whilst Alex Lloyd has dominated so far, it's difficult to see the big teams (Ganassi, Andretti Green, Panther, etc) "allowing" it to continue. I'm sure they'll be throwing their not-inconsiderable resources at their cars from now on, so I'd expect to see things close up from now on, especially on the ovals where there is no one dominant car, but tactics and experience count for so much, and teamwork too
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 28 May 2007, 14:31 (Ref:1922894)   #4
Fan
Veteran

Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the only driver to dominate in this way was Mark Taylor, who won all but one of the races if I remember correctly.
Old 28 May 2007, 20:26 (Ref:1923223)   #5
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As well as resources they will need a very talented driver to catch Lloyd. I see Mutoh as his main competition as the season progreses. It would be hard for an Indy Car team owner not to have noticed Lloyds achievements so far.
Old 29 May 2007, 01:34 (Ref:1923353)   #6
drdisque
Veteran

Antarctica
Chicago
drdisque should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mark Taylor won 7 of 12 races in 2003 (Jeff Simmons won 2, and Ed Carpenter, Aaron Fike, and Thiago Medeiros each won 1)

2003 was also an incredibly weak season as only 6 drivers competed in every race and only 12 drivers competed in 9 or more races.

Alex Lloyd and SSM are dominating what is by far the strongest IPS field in its history.