Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 24 May 2007, 16:46 (Ref:1920407)   #1
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Back to the homeland of Scotland!
rcarr has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Is Danica Patrick that attractive?

Is Danica Patrick that attractive, or is it the fact that coz she is a girl, mildly pleasing to the eye that has got where she is coz of her looks or her talent?

From the pics of her at film premieres and that FHM shoot she looks very nice but then when you see her on a race day she looks like a normal 25 year old.

Ordinary:

Photoshopped?:

To me she looks like a completely different person!

Please comment:

PS This thread isn't meant to be sexist, it is about Danica and no one else. Or at least thats how I am coming at it from.
Old 24 May 2007, 17:39 (Ref:1920455)   #2
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Correct link to ordinary pic

Apart from make up and professional lighting she looks no different. Quite attractive.

Last edited by Tim Falce; 24 May 2007 at 17:42.
Old 24 May 2007, 18:31 (Ref:1920488)   #3
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
she looks nice. not superbabe material, but nice like most 25 years old. and there's nothing wrong with that, imo
Old 24 May 2007, 18:39 (Ref:1920494)   #4
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Really, what does it matter if she is a 2, 6, 9 or a 10?

She is attractive enough to be useful for marketing, so she's obtained rides, that perhaps she might not have otherwise. Whether she is your, or my cup of tea is all rather irrelevant, and not necessarily the type of discussion that belongs on a proper motorsports board.
Old 24 May 2007, 18:41 (Ref:1920498)   #5
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
looks a bit like my auntie, and she is uuuuuuuuuuuuuuugly
Old 24 May 2007, 18:44 (Ref:1920504)   #6
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

That'll have you jump though a plate glass window.
Old 24 May 2007, 18:48 (Ref:1920506)   #7
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd imagine she's the average looking kind of girl, all mags airbrush their pics anyway.
Old 24 May 2007, 18:53 (Ref:1920515)   #8
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
I was just seeing what other people think before our friends in America take over the forum in the evening shift. I didn't want to post it in the Parc Ferme part of the forum and I thought posting it here would get the most response.

I know a few Americans that worship the ground she walks on.
Old 24 May 2007, 18:57 (Ref:1920518)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wth the Indy 500 just days away now, there is no shortage of quality coverage and debate leading up to the big event.

Old 24 May 2007, 18:59 (Ref:1920521)   #10
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
I know this Knowlesy, this is why I posted now. There is alot of debate about the race and qualifying etc but not really about the looks of the women. Yes, there are passing comments about it but not entire threads about it.
Old 24 May 2007, 18:59 (Ref:1920524)   #11
Tenoch
Veteran

United States
Another Michigan Town
Tenoch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
She's good looking for a regular 25 year old, but much better looking than most race car drivers. her adoration by some is a result of the great way she marketed herself.

I'd rather look at a picture of her than of Tony Kanaan anyday of the week.
Old 24 May 2007, 19:02 (Ref:1920525)   #12
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenoch
I'd rather look at a picture of her than of Tony Kanaan anyday of the week.
Has anyone noticed the striking resemblance between Kanaan and Vin Diesel?
Old 24 May 2007, 21:33 (Ref:1920632)   #13
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yeah, never understood the whole danica thing, decent midfield driver but only in a front line car because she is marketable. She had better win this year, since she hasn't in something like the last 4-5 years of racing. Now Katherine Legge is a different story, good-looking and can actual win, now if she just had a better team and the races needed to get national/international attention.
Old 24 May 2007, 21:53 (Ref:1920639)   #14
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
I prefer Katherine Legge, she is more womanly, less butch than Danica. Certainly hope for the future of British racing in the US, like the Dalziel brothers, Dario, Allan, Marino etc.
Old 24 May 2007, 22:09 (Ref:1920652)   #15
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarr
Has anyone noticed the striking resemblance between Kanaan and Vin Diesel?
Exactly, I've never seem them together in a photo. I think that tells us the truth
Old 24 May 2007, 22:14 (Ref:1920655)   #16
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b
Exactly, I've never seem them together in a photo. I think that tells us the truth
Tony Diesel? :

Vin Kanaan? :
Old 25 May 2007, 04:57 (Ref:1920747)   #17
Ryan_Briscoe1
Racer

Australia
straya
Ryan_Briscoe1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
she is that ugly its scary
Old 25 May 2007, 06:14 (Ref:1920772)   #18
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Milka Duno is enormously more attractive IMHO.

And another interesting one is coming along :

http://www.indycar.com/pro/news/story.php?story_id=8896
Old 25 May 2007, 06:30 (Ref:1920777)   #19
kramer
Racer

kramer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Danica attactive? Sure. I've woken up with way worse, let's put it that way.

Kramer
Old 25 May 2007, 06:51 (Ref:1920785)   #20
stoned pony
Veteran

Vanuatu
Chained to my desk
stoned pony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems like a stupid, grubby question to start with. Why don't you ask the same questions of the men who are racing: are they photogenic and did they sleep their way into a drive?
Rcarr, you really should get out more.
Old 25 May 2007, 06:52 (Ref:1920786)   #21
Doc Hollywood
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Doc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry guys but that pic of Danica in the green top is Fugly!

As Paul Tracey said, Danica is using very little other than her sexuality to get her race car drives, where at least Kat Legge is doing it with driving talent!

More pics of Kat I say!!!!!
Old 25 May 2007, 09:49 (Ref:1920901)   #22
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
I am with stoned pony here. This is a topic that should be in Parc Ferme, not the CC forum.

I really have not cared in the past what a driver looks like, and I really don't care now. It is what they do when you lock the visor down that counts.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 25 May 2007, 10:24 (Ref:1920920)   #23
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
JohnSSC, I haven't commented on Danica's driving for a reason, the reason is I want to find out how many men find her attractive, not how good she is behind the wheel or did her looks boost her career in some way.
Old 25 May 2007, 12:51 (Ref:1921010)   #24
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarr
JohnSSC, I haven't commented on Danica's driving for a reason, the reason is I want to find out how many men find her attractive, not how good she is behind the wheel or did her looks boost her career in some way.
Then try a fashion forum not this one?
Old 25 May 2007, 13:19 (Ref:1921026)   #25
amier
Racer

amier has been held in scrutiny for further testing

But Milka is!!