Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Mar 2003, 16:46 (Ref:525805)   #1
Cobra
Racer

Cobra should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Regulations

Hi, Newly registered F1 'forumite' - introducing himself -

New computer, new Season and new regulations( even if I don't fully understand how they're all going to work out)

I'm pleased to have found a forum of like minded F1 crazys and if anyone can explain the new fuel regs (not to mention how the 107% rule workd out) it'd be appreciated!!!
Old 5 Mar 2003, 16:52 (Ref:525813)   #2
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: New Regulations

Quote:
Originally posted by Cobra
even if I don't fully understand how they're all going to work out
Don't you worry Cobra, neither Max know what he's up to! Welcome to 1010ths!

As for the fuel, you start the race with the same amount of fuel that you had after the quals. As for the 107% rule, it was dropped. That is, if a car fails to set an 107% time in the second qual it will start at the back. If several of them fail to do that, they will start at the back in that order that they had after Friday qual. If several car fail to set a time in both qual sessions, beats me (and FIA) Probably they'll toss a coin..
Old 5 Mar 2003, 16:53 (Ref:525814)   #3
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Saturday qualifying is just the first lap of the race, that's the simple way to see it. Whatever strategy you wish to use, it starts with your one hot lap on Saturday and then carries on on Sunday. You can't refuel or re-set the car.

It is possible (likely) that wing settings might be adjusted at the first stops - qualifying (going for the thoretically fastest lap time) is usually at a higher downforce than the race, because wing is taken off to defend against overtaking bids in the race (overtaking being easier down the straights).
Old 5 Mar 2003, 18:17 (Ref:525888)   #4
Cobra
Racer

Thanks for the prompt and speedy reply, it seems to me as if they could have thought all this out a little better than they have before now.

I'm looking out for any F1 competitions as I a 'compo' freak too!!! (Anything for a freebie), and would be grateful for any suggestions
Old 5 Mar 2003, 18:32 (Ref:525894)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome to ten-tenths, Cobra.

There are several threads about the new rules have a wonder round. However I reckon Glen and Red hav summed it up. I wonder how it will pan out in practice.

I've entered the comps too. You want some suggestions? er what about Jos the Boss for world champion (hmmm cunning plan....)
Old 5 Mar 2003, 19:21 (Ref:525944)   #6
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cobra, welcome!

If you wish to participate in our competitions, you're welcome to do so. They can easily be found as "hot topics" at the top of the F1 forum index.
Old 6 Mar 2003, 14:56 (Ref:526644)   #7
Cobra
Racer

Adam Ashmore - Get out of here -

Jos the Boss or Jos the Loss
Old 7 Mar 2003, 06:15 (Ref:527410)   #8
MiniMe
Racer

MiniMe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Qualifying rules -
- Will revert to one hour on each of Friday and Saturday afternoons.
- Will see each driver allowed only one flying lap in each session.
- Friday they will run in World Championship order, with World Champion Zigheil Schumacher first on track in Melbourne.
- Saturday, the slowest man from Friday goes out first, the fastest man goes out last.
- Only Saturday times count towards grid position

World Championship Points
Instead of the existing system of 10 points for a win then 6-4-3-2-1 for the top six, the new system awards points for the first eight places.
The new scale is 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1.

Ahhhhhh! The AC Cobra - NOW THAT IS A CAR!!!!