Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 31 Dec 2005, 15:55 (Ref:1492499)   #1
dazbaz_99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aylesbury
dazbaz_99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans 24Hrs - PS2

Not sure why i didnt notice this game when it came out a few years ago. Anyone here recommend it? It sounds good from what i have read. Might purchase it if it gets good enough praise, i have seen it online at quite a reasonable price. Whats people's views?
Old 31 Dec 2005, 18:11 (Ref:1492555)   #2
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it's anything like the PSOne's attempt don't bother! How much is it for sale for?
Old 31 Dec 2005, 19:10 (Ref:1492576)   #3
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very, very arcady.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 31 Dec 2005, 21:44 (Ref:1492646)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very, very inept.
Old 1 Jan 2006, 01:26 (Ref:1492699)   #5
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seriously, i played it again a couple of weeks ago, and got bored after 5 minutes, the only half decent thing is the dust when you go off... but that's it.
Old 1 Jan 2006, 12:18 (Ref:1492803)   #6
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its actually quite good I think, nothing like the ps1 version.
Old 1 Jan 2006, 15:35 (Ref:1492887)   #7
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
really not all bad- provided you race with the thought- i will not crash or go off, than it feel as real as any...
missing damage and such takes it away from the game, kinda like in GT4 and GT# the cars and tracks are A-1 ok, but without damage it seems like something is taken away...
no LFS for sure or GPL
Old 1 Jan 2006, 18:45 (Ref:1492940)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Its a seriously crap game.
Old 1 Jan 2006, 19:10 (Ref:1492953)   #9
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like it because it has an arcade feel to it. Why do all games have to be ultra realistic? wh not play them for fun?
Old 1 Jan 2006, 21:39 (Ref:1493015)   #10
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...207255-8599833

It's got quite a good rating on Amazon, but the reviews are not that recent. But 4 and a half stars is pretty promising.

If it's a tenner or less, you can't really go wrong. If more, then perhaps you should reconsider.
Old 1 Jan 2006, 21:58 (Ref:1493024)   #11
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if you can get past the fact that its an arcade racer, then, its not that bad. what you do get is a full field of cars with day-night-day racing complete with the sun in your eyes. you also get real time, random weather and you can feel the differnce in your car as you get into the 24 hours of le mans ... or the full petit lemans ... i dont remember if sebrings included or not.

i personally cant play it anymore since my ps2 only reads dveds now.
Old 1 Jan 2006, 22:02 (Ref:1493026)   #12
Es Nes
Veteran

i also forgot to meantion that you can save in any pit stop (only one endurance at a time please). plus, you can set how fast time goes by. if you chose to do the fastest, the 24 hours of le mans last 10 minutes but still has all of the day/night/day features.

no wheel support though.
Old 2 Jan 2006, 05:28 (Ref:1493228)   #13
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You couldn't save a race if you used a cheat though to enable all the cars to be used.

The PS2 version is head and shoulders above the PS1 version, you get 24 cars over 16, you get a proper version of Le Mans, not a weird scaled version like in the the first etc etc. The PS1 version was better in two area's though over the PS2 version;

- It was much darker in the first game, you can see without your headlights justabout in the PS2 version
- The fireworks and night and Tiff Needell's commentary
Old 2 Jan 2006, 05:37 (Ref:1493234)   #14
Es Nes
Veteran

well, i unlocked them without cheating.
Old 2 Jan 2006, 12:07 (Ref:1493420)   #15
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by safc_fan89
If it's a tenner or less, you can't really go wrong. If more, then perhaps you should reconsider.
I think that's probably fair comment. I was really disappointed with the original PS1 version, but the PS2 version was a lot better. OK, so the graphics etc are a little bit dated now, and the 'crashes' are a bit odd, but it's got decent grid sizes and some interesting tracks and events (like Petit Le Mans). I know that some copies had save issues on the longest races (not to do with cheats). For example, any save I did on the Petit Le Mans full race would be lost.

Overall, if you want to do a long race, it's better than GT4, mainly due to the bigger grids and the fact that it does actually get dark! Not the greatest game in the world, but worth look.
Old 2 Jan 2006, 17:15 (Ref:1493538)   #16
Nick49
Racer

England
Hampshire, UK
Nick49 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello,

The PS2 version is great IMO and much better than the PS1 version. The first thing I noticed was the difference in the Le Mans circuit. I thought they'ed left out the chicanes it was so much longer and suddenly they appeared and I was off!

Well worth getting if you want a good sports car sim on real race circuits and the ability to unlock some really good cars like the Group C Lancia LC2, Jaguar and Sauber. Start off in the rookie mode to unlock everything and see the difference when you go up the skill levels.

Really enjoyable. Get it.

Nick
Old 3 Jan 2006, 03:57 (Ref:1493833)   #17
JABWOA
Veteran

Australia
3rd star to the left
JABWOA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If cheap, worthy of a purchase. I've done 2 complete 24hr events (with two other lunatics) and it's competent, if just a little arcdey (nothing wrong with that) and the graphics are passable but not GT3/4 quality. The day/night transition (plus wet/dry) more than makes up it. And the AI is reasonable but includes all three classes racing together which is cool.
Old 6 Jan 2006, 08:27 (Ref:1496028)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jase
I like it because it has an arcade feel to it. Why do all games have to be ultra realistic? wh not play them for fun?

Because this game purports to be a Le Mans sim - and Le Mans being the most important race on the year's calendar (IMO), it should be better than this. OK, fun for an hour or two, but badly executed, cars poorly modelled, driving ridiculously easy and a circuit that bears little relation to the real thing. Might as well buy a copy of Lego Racers from the bargain bin instead......
Old 7 Jan 2006, 02:06 (Ref:1496586)   #19
F.O.F.
TeaTotal
Racer

Ireland
dublin
F.O.F. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'm surprised i've never heard of this game.how long has it been out?
Old 8 Jan 2006, 23:29 (Ref:1497545)   #20
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
a long long time ago i think it was one of the first batch of ps2 games. so, thats about 4 or 5 years?
Old 9 Jan 2006, 14:04 (Ref:1497858)   #21
Ryo28
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport, UK (and Leeds Uni)
Ryo28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its a pretty decent game, got it on my Dreamcast (basically identical to the PS2 version but actually has slightly crisper graphics apparently) The 24 hour race mode is good, and the 4 player mode on a decent sized TV is excellent fun, though I don't know if the PS2 version has this option. It is quite arcadey though, and as a result gets slightly boring after a while. Still worth getting if reasonably cheap though! Think it came out in 2000 on the DC, PS2 version maybe slightly newer but still pretty ancient!
Old 15 Jan 2006, 05:29 (Ref:1501468)   #22
aj_308
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
aj_308 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In some ways, I liked this version better than the 24h races on GT4.
sure, the graphics aren't as good.
sure, its a little more "arcadey" than GT4.
But for me, the weather and the night/day feature was fantastic, and really made the game worth the money.
I can only speak for the PS1 version, but the night was so dark you could barely see.
The morning sunlight was just as annoying in real life, and took real concentration to keep focussed on the road.
Great features, IMHO. I wish for GT5 to have these..