Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 1 Dec 2010, 11:38 (Ref:2798060)   #126
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMans.pt View Post
Yep... some guys call that a circuit
It's not too bad for touring cars. Well, in the wet at least.
Old 3 Dec 2010, 20:42 (Ref:2799259)   #127
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Wow!...
That's not gonna happend!, not with Lola still existing.
I happen to think that the Oreca is the better car . 4th overall at le Mans and coming closer to hastleing the factory cars that any Lola did .

If I had the wedge tomorrow , I would be buying an Oreca , or waiting to see how that Riley does .
Old 4 Dec 2010, 12:33 (Ref:2799492)   #128
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I happen to think that the Oreca is the better car . 4th overall at le Mans and coming closer to hastleing the factory cars that any Lola did .

If I had the wedge tomorrow , I would be buying an Oreca , or waiting to see how that Riley does .
Still. There will be so many chassis manufactures, that Lola will be the safest choice as they have so much experience.
But still, 5-6 Oreca cars is unrealistic, as that would mean the other manufactures sell only 1-2 cars each!
Old 4 Dec 2010, 20:00 (Ref:2799627)   #129
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oreca may have a heads up on the competition with teams upgrading from LMPC's.
Old 4 Dec 2010, 21:26 (Ref:2799665)   #130
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Oreca may have a heads up on the competition with teams upgrading from LMPC's.
Thats right!, they know Oreca very well from the LMPC cars. But how many LMP2 cars will be given an entry next year!?
Old 4 Dec 2010, 21:43 (Ref:2799672)   #131
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
An entry into what, the LMS?

I think everyone who wants to race will get an entry. It's interesting Oreca are predicting such sales yet so little has been announced officially.

I also read Norma are building two or three P2 cars.

Quote:
VdeV go out a little. Have you heard about the M200 LMP2?

"There are good prospects. We have two cars in the workshop which are virtually complete, and we have a third frame. I can tell you more soon."
http://translate.google.com/translat...ance-5678.html

Last edited by JAG; 4 Dec 2010 at 22:00.
Old 4 Dec 2010, 22:12 (Ref:2799685)   #132
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
An entry into what, the LMS?

I think everyone who wants to race will get an entry. It's interesting Oreca are predicting such sales yet so little has been announced officially.

I also read Norma are building two or three P2 cars.
LMS, Le Mans, ALMS, ILMC...
Because if Oreca fields 5-6 cars
Norma 2-3 cars
Lola probably 3-4 Cars
Zytek 1-2 Cars
Pescarolo (chassis) 2-3 Cars?
Thats's a minimum on 13 cars!
That together with some LMP1's, and whole lot of Gt's, is going to be packed fields with someone left out...
Old 5 Dec 2010, 22:52 (Ref:2800128)   #133
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Abobeleira View Post
Yet, Portimão is soo much better than Estoril... And I live less than 30 minutes from there!

If only it had been built in the north of Portugal
Even in the off-season, the track is a bit in the middle of nowhere, but it should be cheaper to go there then in July.
However, the fact the circuit is TBC, it's most likely a question between Estoril and Portimão. The fact they haven't chosen Estoril already is because Estoril is not exactly a bit sportscar track anymore. Since all the troubles they had plus that 'hair-pin-chicane-snail-twist" that was added which is not really suited for big and wide cars.
Living in Lisbon, Estoril would be much better for me.
Old 6 Dec 2010, 07:53 (Ref:2800229)   #134
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
LMS, Le Mans, ALMS, ILMC...
Because if Oreca fields 5-6 cars
Norma 2-3 cars
Lola probably 3-4 Cars
Zytek 1-2 Cars
Pescarolo (chassis) 2-3 Cars?
Thats's a minimum on 13 cars!
That together with some LMP1's, and whole lot of Gt's, is going to be packed fields with someone left out...
...and that's not a bad problem to have......

Though if you factor in the inevitable team or two that either falls by the wayside over the season, or appears on the full-season entrylist at the beginning of the year but never actually appears, , then I'd expect it to be fairly manageable, and I'd be surprised to see anyone not getting a start because the entry is oversubscribed.

The probable absence of some or all of the ILMC-contending entries at the two LMS-only races might also be a factor, though I wouldn't be too surprised to see at least Audi and Peugeot turn out at the Paul Ricard season-opener on top of their ILMC schedule to get more pre-LM mileage...
Old 7 Dec 2010, 15:33 (Ref:2800944)   #135
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubrben View Post
What was Hindy's rant about Portimao?

Ben
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMans.pt View Post
Everybody told to the LMS organization that racing in Algarve in the high season was a big mistake! They thought that it would attract a lot of English, French and German tourist who travel to Algarve to toast in the sun... that was even a bigger mistake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
Even in the off-season, the track is a bit in the middle of nowhere, but it should be cheaper to go there then in July.
The track's location isn't an issue. The road leading to it is good.
The issues with running the race in June are:

- You aren't going to attract tourists to the race. They went to the Algarve to lie on the beach.
- You aren't going to attract locals. They are too busy servicing the tourists.
- The tourists have taken all the hire cars.
- The tourists have booked all the hotel rooms.
- It's too hot, and the circuit's electric supply is barely adequate enough to power the lights and timing system, let alone the air conditioning.
Old 7 Dec 2010, 16:43 (Ref:2800983)   #136
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like Farnbacher-Hankook is fix with the new Ferrari for the LMS:
http://www.gt-eins.at/cms/index.php?...=5852&Itemid=1
Old 7 Dec 2010, 21:18 (Ref:2801091)   #137
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Talking of which, when ARE we going to see the GT2 458 Italia officially unveiled?
Old 7 Dec 2010, 22:36 (Ref:2801115)   #138
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesy-18 View Post
Talking of which, when ARE we going to see the GT2 458 Italia officially unveiled?
http://axisofoversteer.blogspot.com/...re.html?ref=nf
Old 7 Dec 2010, 23:24 (Ref:2801135)   #139
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My god. It's vicious. It looks like it's going to kill the competition and eat them, rending them limb from limb. The road car looked daft in my opinion, but this definitely does not.
Old 8 Dec 2010, 03:01 (Ref:2801187)   #140
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is that snow in the background of the 458 shot?
Old 8 Dec 2010, 06:28 (Ref:2801206)   #141
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Is that snow in the background of the 458 shot?
Looks like it
Old 8 Dec 2010, 08:11 (Ref:2801227)   #142
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow. That thing does look mean. Porsche should be worried...
Old 8 Dec 2010, 12:05 (Ref:2801352)   #143
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Im sure they are . When exactly will they have a new car to take this on .

Porsche are masters though and Im sure they will put on a decent show in 2011 ..... Frankly I would be surprised if they dont !!!

Nice looking car , that 458 . Cant wait to see it in Hancook livery .
Old 8 Dec 2010, 19:31 (Ref:2801621)   #144
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
Looks like it
Hard to find a place in Europe without it these days! DSC suggests it is Pierre Kaffer at the wheel, which I agree with judging by the helmet. I guess his Ferrari stock continues to increase.
Old 10 Dec 2010, 15:34 (Ref:2802476)   #145
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
According to Radio Le Mans' "Responsible Adult" (Eve), the Portuguese LMS round will be at Estoril.
Old 10 Dec 2010, 16:15 (Ref:2802490)   #146
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
According to Radio Le Mans' "Responsible Adult" (Eve), the Portuguese LMS round will be at Estoril.
DSC are confirming that now
Old 10 Dec 2010, 17:57 (Ref:2802540)   #147
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I prefered the 430 GT immensely. And I thought that the 458 road car was miles ahead of the 430 road car, and yet they've managed to crash and burn on the looks of the 458 GT it seems. It looks like a failed attempt at building a Group C car in 1983.

Chris
Old 11 Dec 2010, 05:51 (Ref:2802829)   #148
The Badger
Veteran

Audi Motorsport Events in 2011

Audi R15 TDI

Mar 19 Sebring 12 Hours (USA)

Audi R18

Apr 24 Test day, Le Mans (F)
May 08 Spa-Francorchamps (B) 6 Hours
Jun 11/12 Le Mans (F) 24 Hours
Jul 03 Imola (I) 6 Hours
Sep 11 Silverstone (GB) 6 Hours
Oct 01 Petit Le Mans, Road Atlanta (USA)
Nov 12 China (CN) 6 Hours

Audi A4 DTM

May 01 Hockenheim (D)
May 15 Zandvoort (NL)
Jun 05 Spielberg (A)
Jun 19 EuroSpeedway Lausitz (D)
Jul 03 Norisring (D)
Jul 17 Show event Munich (D)
Aug 07 Nürburgring (D)
Sep 04 Brands Hatch (GB)
Sep 18 Oschersleben (D)
Oct 02 Valencia (E)
Oct 23 Hockenheim (D)
Nov 06 Shanghai (CN)

Audi R8 LMS

Jun 25/26 Nürburgring (D) 24 Hours
Jul 30/31 Spa-Francorchamps (B) 24 Hours

Looks like Audi have commited to a full LMS season and not ILMC !!!
Old 11 Dec 2010, 06:36 (Ref:2802837)   #149
The Badger
Veteran

Please disregard above comment ..... just had a coffee and a 2nd look . Amazing what a coffee can do !!!
Old 12 Dec 2010, 17:46 (Ref:2803356)   #150
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, I'll be heading to Estoril in 9 months time.
With the Petit Le Mans race around the same time, LMS could be a bit skinny in Estoril but lets see what's gonna come when we get the entry lists.