Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Mar 2002, 15:23 (Ref:247403)   #51
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san
Mr V....you are just too clever for me , by the way can you give me any idea on why for some strange reason you decided to put the phrase IS GARETH SECRET SQUIREEL ?...in the F3000 thread in single seaters !!

just thought i'd ask ?
no...........to clever for ya!
Old 30 Mar 2002, 15:30 (Ref:247409)   #52
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yer right......clever people always post in riddles about secret squirell dont they ???? ...sorry man....you do crack me up !
Old 30 Mar 2002, 15:41 (Ref:247413)   #53
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
30.03-14:56 A replay has just shown that Rubens Barrichello has left the pits under red lights. That could mean a penalty for him, but we don't know yet as it just changed from red to green.
... got this from Daily f1's live coverage. I wonder if RB will get ragged on here. Better yet, will the Ferrari be docked his best time. I bet he wont! He left under red so what if it changed after he left!

Sato seems to have the aggression that JV and some of the other better racers have. He needs to learn control (of his aggression not the car). Some drivers wont have the problems that he does because they dont attack as hard. Kimmi is an example. He is in no way a aggressive as JPM. That is why he looked so "brilliant" to some, when all he did was try to stay out of trouble. That is the RS type of racing. It has proven to be successful when pit strategy is what one counts on for victories. Sato looks to be one who wants to win on the track. I will reserve my judgement till I see him in a good clean race. If he messes up or if he can pass. If he can hold people off or pull the Jarno and find the "oil on the track".
Old 30 Mar 2002, 15:49 (Ref:247417)   #54
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by neilap
30.03-14:56 A replay has just shown that Rubens Barrichello has left the pits under red lights. That could mean a penalty for him, but we don't know yet as it just changed from red to green....
... got this from Daily f1's live coverage. I wonder if RB will get ragged on here. Better yet, will the Ferrari be docked his best time. I bet he wont! He left under red so what if it changed after he left!

If the light was red when he left the pit lane, then yes, he should get the same penalty- always assuming the stewards can manage a consistent decision....

Anbyone know who they are this weekend? If it's the same bunch of clowns we had in Malaysia, then anything could happen.....
Old 30 Mar 2002, 17:52 (Ref:247472)   #55
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Eddie should end this madness and get on the phone to Justin Wilson. Sato is frsnkly inept and needs to learn more before he can cut it in F1.
Old 30 Mar 2002, 18:12 (Ref:247493)   #56
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Sato puts it 19th, .5 behind the second best driver in F1. Me thinks the car/engine/tyre needs to improve more than Sato.

He is obviously very talented from the on-board shots. Reminds me a bit of JPM this time last year, only he has a crappier car and a better team mate to make him look worse than he actually is. Sato is gonna have a good weekend soon, I can feel it.
Old 30 Mar 2002, 18:50 (Ref:247526)   #57
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
Sato needs to do really well in the race to save face. He should not be that far behind his teammate. Yeah he is a rookie but these things add up.
Old 30 Mar 2002, 20:36 (Ref:247605)   #58
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Raven
Well Sato puts it 19th, .5 behind the second best driver in F1. Me thinks the car/engine/tyre needs to improve more than Sato.

He is obviously very talented from the on-board shots. Reminds me a bit of JPM this time last year, only he has a crappier car and a better team mate to make him look worse than he actually is. Sato is gonna have a good weekend soon, I can feel it.
Raven .

that is exactly the conversation i had with a freind of mine today . Sato does need to settle down for sure , but he is very simular to JPM except JPM had a bloddy good car to start the season with in his rookie year, where as Sato has a middle of the road car and the wrong tyre make . Last year people were saying simular bad remarks about Juan , and look how he turned it around. The only difference is that Juan got a early great race in Brazil , but then , at least he had the chassis , tyres and engine with which to do it ( and a huge talent obviously ).

I think with drivers like Montoya and Sato in F1 , it is just going to be so exciting in the next few years.
Old 30 Mar 2002, 21:10 (Ref:247634)   #59
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sato still has a lot to prove. I dont think he's as good as some people believe but time will tell.

Still, he does need to get his act together. When you're driving a crappy car like a Jordan, the best you can do is make sure you beat your team mate or stay close to him. Todays qualifying was not a special effort from Sato. Fisicella is good but not that good. Sato should be much closer to him than he is at present.
Old 30 Mar 2002, 21:25 (Ref:247646)   #60
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's 3 races into the season!!!!!!

I can't believe you lot are already writing him off and branding him inept. JPM proved last year how foolish it can be to speak too soon.

I think that the Poms in here have a serious case of the irrits because he got "Justin's" seat.

Let's just give him a bit of time please.

(PS. I am not a Sato fan, he just deserves a better chance than you lot are giving him).
Old 31 Mar 2002, 02:11 (Ref:247774)   #61
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just beat me to it mac, I was going to say if an englishman had done what Sato did in F3 you blokes would proclaim him to be the next Messiah!
Old 31 Mar 2002, 08:10 (Ref:247877)   #62
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by mac
It's 3 races into the season!!!!!!

I can't believe you lot are already writing him off and branding him inept. JPM proved last year how foolish it can be to speak too soon.

thats such a good point that people should remember before writing himn off 3 races into the season .
Old 31 Mar 2002, 10:58 (Ref:247931)   #63
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But we are talking F1 here. I believe its niaive of people to have the "give the boy some time" attitude and yet proclaim him to be a brilliant driver. Irrespective of the Wilson scenario, surely you can see that saying he's great but needs time is off the point. If he needs time he should get it in another environment. Other "rookie" drivers are out there and doing a sterling job. Massa is a good example. Mc Nish isn't too tardy either. So, in comparison, I still find it difficult to equate Sato with those two.

As I said previously he deserves his shot but he, so far, hasn't made best use of it.
Old 31 Mar 2002, 15:46 (Ref:248122)   #64
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
Massa agueably has a better car and McNish is not exactly setting the track on fire. I agree with you that since this is the pinnacle of racing there should not be too much room for error, especilly since they are so expensive. I just feel that people jump to conclusions too quickly. My opinion of him is changing slowly though. GF is way faster than he is.
Old 1 Apr 2002, 02:35 (Ref:248575)   #65
HKUSP40C
Rookie

HKUSP40C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Rick
Just beat me to it mac, I was going to say if an englishman had done what Sato did in F3 you blokes would proclaim him to be the next Messiah!
Well said.