Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 30 Dec 2005, 19:48 (Ref:1492124)   #1
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
karimbo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
S.O.S. Friends from Finland !!!

Knowing that Estonian and Finland's language are close, can any friend from Finland explain me what is being said about Marko Asmer and Toni Kasemets on this page ?

http://www.ringrada.ee/?id=54

thanks !
Old 31 Dec 2005, 13:46 (Ref:1492460)   #2
DanFlag
Veteran

Canada
Montréal, Québec, Canada
DanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You are from Canada and you dont speak/write Estonian?

Wow! neither can I !!!
Old 31 Dec 2005, 18:11 (Ref:1492556)   #3
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm... I can try translate something but while I actually don't speak Estonian it'll be more or less a guess...

Marko Asmers father and manager Toivo Asmer told Estonian newspaper Eesti Päevaleht that Japan's best F3 team Tom's Toyota offered Marko a racing seat for 2006 but their aim is still to race in British F3 with Hitech. Budget needed for Japanese F3 was about half compared to British because Tom's was going to "put their own money on it".

Last two seasons Marko have raced in UK and lived in Estonia. If he went to Japan he would have to move there because flying there is so expencive. Hitech and British tracks are also familiar to Marko.

If Asmers had about 25 million EEK (Estonian Krooni) Marko would drive GP2. Marco actually even had a premilinary contract with Coloni. He was also negotiating with Fortec (BF3) and Signature (EuroF3).

Financially it would be reasonable to drive LMS or DTM. They are considering everything but it's not likely that Marko will drive sports cars or touring cars because that would take him futher from the way to F1.

Hitech used Mugen engines last season but 2006 they'll have more powerfull Mercedes. Something about tests at Modello Park and David Hayle...

New engine is about 1,5 million EEK more expensive and budget needed for whole season is about 12-13 million EEK.

I'll read the latest story about Kasemets soon and try to translate something from it too if I understand it I have to read everything atleast twice and I'm still not sure what it's saying... And once I know what it might be in Finnish, I still have to figure out how to say it in English.
Old 31 Dec 2005, 21:26 (Ref:1492639)   #4
Emma
Racer

England
Shropshire, UK
Emma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope he stays in BF3 next season, but then again if he does he'll be more or less expected to win the championship like Alvaro this season. If he doesn't provail it means a career dead-end. IMO anyway.
But he can win!
Old 31 Dec 2005, 22:23 (Ref:1492663)   #5
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
karimbo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

Valker,

you are THE man !!!!

thanks !!!