Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 9 Apr 2006, 22:04 (Ref:1574955)   #1
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
kingfloopy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Samsung/Radio Shack 500

Good job on the win to Kasey Kahne. His 2nd of the season and the 3rd of his career. Looks like he must of been stuck in a sophmore slump for most of last year. This may shape up to be a good season for us Dodge fans.

J.D.
Old 10 Apr 2006, 08:04 (Ref:1575260)   #2
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I thoroughly enjoyed the race (literally just finished watching it), and was particularly impressed with the length of time it went at the start before the first yellow.

I forget the exact laps of the race (40-30 to go?), but when Stewart was leading and Kahne was looking for a way to pass (Kahne was cleary significantly quicker), I thought both Stewart's defensive positioning and Kahne's very patient approach, just biding his time, was a joy to see. Please do correct me if it wasn't Kahne, and/or confirm/correct the period.

I am a novice with this NASCAR jazz, though, so I don't know if these things are normal or what not.

Anyway, regardless, in general, I found it a much satisfying race to watch.
Old 11 Apr 2006, 23:28 (Ref:1579069)   #3
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last year Kahne overdrove his car and was not patient. Frequently he put the car into the wall due to his over-aggressiveness and would blow a tire.

I think he has learned a lot and it is showing this year as he is taking better care of his car and is more patrient. He looks like a strong contender at this point. Actually, I believe he was brought up to Cup a little too early in his career but does look good now.
Old 12 Apr 2006, 01:32 (Ref:1579110)   #4
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
kingfloopy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was amazed when Kahne first got called up to drive the #9. He hadn't really done anything in the Busch series up to that point. He did well his rookie season, but still had some less then stellar moments then. And last season he seem to be over anxious and trying too hard. This year though he seems to have finally overcome a lot of that and is keeping the car together. The #19 and Mayfield are performing in a less than stellar manner. They fell out of the top 35 after the last race and could potentially miss the next race. Kind of an odd turn for a team that made the chase the last two years.

J.D.
Old 16 Apr 2006, 15:31 (Ref:1585093)   #5
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great race, finally watched it

Unlucky for the Roush boys, Biffle and Edwards, they looked strong, but Kahne was pretty good.

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 17 Apr 2006, 12:36 (Ref:1585791)   #6
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
also Ryan Newman: Sterlin Marlin must have got his hairpiece in his eyes

LMAO at that...I think Newman is a bit o a Nob...still do, but that was quite funny. Never got to see a replay of that, did anyone?

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock