Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 4 Aug 2009, 21:24 (Ref:2515741)   #151
mig
Racer

England
Kent where the hops and Hondas are from
mig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers Jon you are one of the good guys.
Old 4 Aug 2009, 22:20 (Ref:2515771)   #152
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The issue with explaining what was going to happen with the second race start at the drivers briefing is that we didn't know it was going to happen, this is the only time I have seen it in DMN in the 6 or so years I have been with the championship, so please forgive us if it wasn't at the forefront of our minds when giving you your briefings.

The clerks and officials are not clairvoyants and cannot predict the weather, if you would like them to start doing so then in return we'd like you to tell us when and were each of you is going to have an incident so we can get all the paper work sorted out before the race.

There would have been yellow flags and SC boards round the circuit, which is generally the give away to the fact that the car is still on circuit and I'm struggling to understand why half the grid has seemed to have grasped what was happening and half didn't.

Lets now draw a line under this as theres not a lot that can be done about things now, and lets look forwards to Thruxton.
Old 4 Aug 2009, 23:24 (Ref:2515808)   #153
grichie87
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Kingsdown
grichie87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezza View Post
The issue with explaining what was going to happen with the second race start at the drivers briefing is that we didn't know it was going to happen, this is the only time I have seen it in DMN in the 6 or so years I have been with the championship, so please forgive us if it wasn't at the forefront of our minds when giving you your briefings.

The clerks and officials are not clairvoyants and cannot predict the weather, if you would like them to start doing so then in return we'd like you to tell us when and were each of you is going to have an incident so we can get all the paper work sorted out before the race.

There would have been yellow flags and SC boards round the circuit, which is generally the give away to the fact that the car is still on circuit and I'm struggling to understand why half the grid has seemed to have grasped what was happening and half didn't.

Lets now draw a line under this as theres not a lot that can be done about things now, and lets look forwards to Thruxton.
It was mentioned at the briefing along with the weather, but not explained. Thruxton should be fantastic
Old 5 Aug 2009, 06:39 (Ref:2515916)   #154
kjw
Racer

United Kingdom
East Kent
kjw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The start procedure was made perfectly clear to me in the drivers briefing and in the assembly area before the second race. The only thing that was not clear was my windscreen. Good luck at Thruxton.
Old 5 Aug 2009, 08:26 (Ref:2515957)   #155
Copperbottom
Veteran

Copperbottom has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw View Post
The start procedure was made perfectly clear to me in the drivers briefing and in the assembly area before the second race.
I thought it was made clear at the briefing too.

As for 1/2 the field not knowing what was going on at the start it was probably because they couldn't see either the boards (or the safety car as it was 1/2 a lap ahead of the back of the the pack)
Old 5 Aug 2009, 15:39 (Ref:2516185)   #156
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I have to say Jon of all trackside pictures I have seen over the years yours really are the nuts, what camera do you use it must be pretty special.
Old 5 Aug 2009, 16:16 (Ref:2516212)   #157
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aww shucks Al. Thanks. I use a Canon 1d MkIII and a 100-400 L IS USM lens. Also have a 30D as back up. And several other little lenses (all Canon L lenses).

Google the prices and you could work out I have spent enough to own a race car instead... Not that Mrs Jon knows that. Yet.
Old 5 Aug 2009, 16:28 (Ref:2516220)   #158
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Canon, yes that figures. I have a large format Canon ipf 8000 12 colour printer which is the absolute bees knees the prints it produces are gilcee quality and also uses long life inks which is a rare combination as the large Epson 1000cf I have with long lasting inks just does not have the colour gamut and to get the quality of the Canon from the Epson you would have to use photo dye based inks that last about a week in sunlight, good products from Canon if a tad expensive.

Your pictures seem the have a great depth of colour especially on my yellow car which some of the interpretations I have seen of that are nearly orange and as I am in the game I appreciate the quality! It all helps with what ever machine though if the operator knows what they are doing! ;-)
Old 5 Aug 2009, 16:46 (Ref:2516233)   #159
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm just a monkey who presses a button
Old 5 Aug 2009, 17:34 (Ref:2516256)   #160
grichie87
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Kingsdown
grichie87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbryant View Post
Aww shucks Al. Thanks. I use a Canon 1d MkIII and a 100-400 L IS USM lens. Also have a 30D as back up. And several other little lenses (all Canon L lenses).

Google the prices and you could work out I have spent enough to own a race car instead... Not that Mrs Jon knows that. Yet.
What does all that mean?? think SHMBO now knows!!!
Old 5 Aug 2009, 18:01 (Ref:2516277)   #161
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
I told her when she had had a few glasses of wine Graham. I had just bought her a house so I don't think she could argue too much.

Mostly saved for the next lens now... £3k!
Old 5 Aug 2009, 18:03 (Ref:2516281)   #162
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
£3k, bloody hell no wonder you take some fine shots.
Old 5 Aug 2009, 18:14 (Ref:2516285)   #163
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
Camera body is £3.5k, lens is £1.2k, back up is £750, back up lenses about £2k... and laptop to run it all. now saving for the next lens. Need it by October otherwise I'll struggle at Silverstone!
Old 5 Aug 2009, 20:07 (Ref:2516349)   #164
bdwoody
Veteran

United Kingdom
redbridge southampton
bdwoody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
still not enough to do britcar thou jon ....hehe
i agree with all though the rainy brands shots are pretty cool and you rain drops off the cars are realy clear , i likey, might buy the hill shot .
Old 5 Aug 2009, 20:13 (Ref:2516351)   #165
c l a r k e y
Rookie

United Kingdom
Welling, Kent
c l a r k e y should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbryant View Post
Camera body is £3.5k, lens is £1.2k, back up is £750, back up lenses about £2k... and laptop to run it all. now saving for the next lens. Need it by October otherwise I'll struggle at Silverstone!

Blimey Jon, I thought racing was expensive..........
Old 5 Aug 2009, 21:16 (Ref:2516398)   #166
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Morris View Post
i supose the dmn regs will have to be bought into line straight away, or is there likely to be some dispensation?
A bulletin will be issued on this very shortly, but the DMN regs will be bought into line with the blue book, as far as I am aware this will come into effect next season.
Old 5 Aug 2009, 21:17 (Ref:2516400)   #167
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
Good man Woody

And Clarky, now you know why I get grumpy when it rains. It's like putting £5k through the washing machine
Old 5 Aug 2009, 22:30 (Ref:2516451)   #168
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I had better make an order with you then Jon (I want hi res digital), see you at Brands on the 23rd.
Old 6 Aug 2009, 18:29 (Ref:2516898)   #169
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
Always competitive rates Al!
Old 6 Aug 2009, 19:05 (Ref:2516916)   #170
bdwoody
Veteran

United Kingdom
redbridge southampton
is that for yellow cars only ???? hehe
Old 6 Aug 2009, 19:24 (Ref:2516926)   #171
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
Woody you get you usual special prices
Old 6 Aug 2009, 21:50 (Ref:2517013)   #172
bdwoody
Veteran

United Kingdom
redbridge southampton
now where did i put that gimp mask !!!!l lmao