Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 27 Oct 2003, 21:24 (Ref:765048)   #101
panoz.lmp1
Veteran

Germany
Germany
panoz.lmp1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened to the chamberlain car? On the www.lemans.org website the car isn´t on the entry list
Old 27 Oct 2003, 21:27 (Ref:765051)   #102
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes just seen that, Uncle Hugh is involved with TVR, Intersport and he also ran the Dome at this years Le Mans so he is quite busy.
Old 27 Oct 2003, 21:28 (Ref:765053)   #103
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Some bully rough him up and take his milk(a) money?
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 29 Oct 2003, 10:28 (Ref:766717)   #104
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Jérôme Mugnier's site informs us that Vanina won't be in the women's TVR in november... we don't know why...

Last edited by Fab; 29 Oct 2003 at 10:29.
Old 29 Oct 2003, 11:10 (Ref:766770)   #105
panoz.lmp1
Veteran

Germany
Germany
panoz.lmp1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are you sure? I received an information of TVR a few days ago that Vanina is racing.
A few month ago i get the information that they´ll race with T2M like at the 24h.
And NOW i´m confused
Old 29 Oct 2003, 12:34 (Ref:766867)   #106
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
We will be sure on the spot, but Jérôme Mugnier seems to be positive, halas !
Old 29 Oct 2003, 12:37 (Ref:766870)   #107
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
Bit more entry news the Care Racing Ferrari's will be driven by Jamie Davies / Darren Turner and Peter Kox / Tim Sugden
....and apparently run by Veloqx with Prodrive support- a hint towards their 2004 plans?
Old 29 Oct 2003, 12:42 (Ref:766873)   #108
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Yes just seen that, Uncle Hugh is involved with TVR, Intersport and he also ran the Dome at this years Le Mans so he is quite busy.
that's pretty much what it says in a DSC news item- in the words of Hugh himself, quoted on DSC-

"With two TVRs and the Intersport MG-Lola Judd, I have enough on my plate- I just cannot deal with anything more".

Apparently they're going to be continuing to work with Intersport, and presumably the Chamberlain MG would have needed some work to have it ready for the LMES race after it's recent spell on loan to Intersport, so if they're involved with Intersport's car next month as well as the TVRs, then they probably have got their hands pretty full at present....

The Taisan Porche is out as well apparently

Last edited by KA; 29 Oct 2003 at 12:45.
Old 29 Oct 2003, 14:09 (Ref:766979)   #109
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by almzkid
It looks like the Chamberlain will be a no-show according to the updated entry list on lemans.org....Hugh must be near the end. He hasn't raced since last years PLM with the DOME and never seems to follow through on his grand plans
Don't underestimate teh power of HUGH!!!
Old 29 Oct 2003, 17:09 (Ref:767146)   #110
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
This is Racing for Holland's new livery:http://www.racesport.nl/main.html?ht...sp?newsid=4907

The white/black blocks are bigger and sponsors can choose which block they want.
Are the rims yellow because of a bigger involvment of Dunlop?

Last edited by FIRE; 29 Oct 2003 at 17:11.
Old 29 Oct 2003, 17:30 (Ref:767167)   #111
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by FIRE
This is Racing for Holland's new livery:http://www.racesport.nl/main.html?<a...ewsid=4907</a>

The white/black blocks are bigger and sponsors can choose which block they want.
FIRE,

I've seen their 'new' car last friday -a picture can be found on my site- The owner of a local pub here had to remove the door posts before the Dome could enter their premise ;-).

With the new blocks prices will obviously differ per location. RfH tries to attract some larger enterprises which have no interest in the 'RfH join the club'-feeling but sponsor solely for their own exposure. Expect prices to be 4 to 6 times higher than the old blocks, depending on the location of course. The RfH 'friends' still have the oportunity to sponsor Jan and his team. These blocks can be mainly found on the top of the car and the rear wing.

There might be a small chance to see the car without sponsors but with numbers (as can be seen on the picture). Sponors will use the LM 1000Km photos to select their blocks for the next season.

There is also no news on the RfH drivers. Jan has a list of roughly 20 available drivers. One name that is mentioned is Johnny Herbert.

/s.

Last edited by vandijk; 29 Oct 2003 at 17:39.
Old 29 Oct 2003, 17:34 (Ref:767175)   #112
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
The 2nd (and 3rd?) driver of RfH is still unknown.

Porsche Carrera Cup driver and former DTM driver Patrick Huisman is in the race to drive a Ferrari at the LM 1000km. According to the entrylist both XL Racing and Cirtek have 1 seat available.

Vandijk: You can remove your message by clicking on Edit and then click on Delete.

Last edited by FIRE; 29 Oct 2003 at 17:36.
Old 29 Oct 2003, 17:40 (Ref:767183)   #113
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!

I find a little strange that Veloqx will be involved with Prodrive , I know that yhey were involved at LeMans . The word floating around is that they are very involved with Ferrari and the yet to be seen 360 GTC , so I would have thought that Veloqx would have been involved with the 575 rather than the 550M ? I also heard someplace awhile back that Veloqx would be taking a 575 to LeMans next year , any info on that ?

Shame that Tim Mullen has been shafted again though !!!
Old 29 Oct 2003, 18:12 (Ref:767213)   #114
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We have lost another one too we only have 1 PKSport Porsche now.
Old 29 Oct 2003, 20:13 (Ref:767333)   #115
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally posted by The Badger
I find a little strange that Veloqx will be involved with Prodrive , I know that yhey were involved at LeMans . The word floating around is that they are very involved with Ferrari and the yet to be seen 360 GTC , so I would have thought that Veloqx would have been involved with the 575 rather than the 550M ? I also heard someplace awhile back that Veloqx would be taking a 575 to LeMans next year , any info on that ?
They have been involved with the Ferrari project all year and the cars ran at both Le Mans and in the ALMS under the banner of Veloqx Prodrive Racing.
Old 29 Oct 2003, 21:18 (Ref:767423)   #116
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
So Veloqx the money and Prodrive the brains?
Old 30 Oct 2003, 00:11 (Ref:767583)   #117
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
They have been involved with the Ferrari project all year and the cars ran at both Le Mans and in the ALMS under the banner of Veloqx Prodrive Racing.

Yeah , I know . What im saying is that the Prodrive 550 is a private venture of Prodrive and Freddy Dor . The 360 GTC is a Factory developed(blessed)effort as is the 575 . So I would have thought that because of the existing partnership on the 360 GTC , Veloqx would have gone down the 575 route . Im confussing meself here :confused:
Old 30 Oct 2003, 02:23 (Ref:767660)   #118
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Not so the Veloqx connection was merely for Sebring and LM originally - Veloqx might have taken an interest in the 550s progress through 2003 but thats as far as it went.
Old 30 Oct 2003, 08:41 (Ref:767834)   #119
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by FIRE
This is Racing for Holland's new livery:http://www.racesport.nl/main.html?<a...ewsid=4907</a>

Much more nicer, IMHO... I like the yellow wheels as well ! Just great !

Last edited by Fab; 30 Oct 2003 at 08:45.
Old 30 Oct 2003, 08:47 (Ref:767837)   #120
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by vandijk
I've seen their 'new' car last friday -a picture can be found on my site
I won't take it as an add for your site if you post a little link to the pic ! Agree, Ayse and Paul ?

Last edited by Fab; 30 Oct 2003 at 08:47.
Old 30 Oct 2003, 09:16 (Ref:767869)   #121
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to this weeks AUTOSPORT Chris Goodwin is the third driver in the RML MG-Lola.

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 30 Oct 2003, 09:22 (Ref:767871)   #122
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Withdrawals confirmed by Jérôme Mugnier's site:
- Chamberlain's MG-Lola 19
- Taisan's Porsche 911 GT3-RS 43
- PK Sport's Porsche 911 GT3-RS 37

39 cars left on the grid... it's melting !

Last edited by Fab; 30 Oct 2003 at 09:22.
Old 30 Oct 2003, 09:45 (Ref:767899)   #123
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
surely we cant lose any more :confused:

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 30 Oct 2003, 12:24 (Ref:768003)   #124
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

vVanina Ickx withdrawal confirmed : she was unable to be there at the convocation of the team, due to medical exams... this news is given by the Jérôme Mugnier's site.

Last edited by Fab; 30 Oct 2003 at 12:25.
Old 30 Oct 2003, 13:43 (Ref:768069)   #125
KA
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
vVanina Ickx withdrawal confirmed : she was unable to be there at the convocation of the team, due to medical exams... this news is given by the Jérôme Mugnier's site.
If Vanina's out, then who's going to pick up the TVR seat?- bearing in mind the Chamberlain MG being withdrawn and Chamberlain's TVR involvement, then presumably Milka Duno could be a possibility...?