Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 19 Jan 2009, 20:10 (Ref:2374788)   #1
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans & W H Smiths

What have these in common I hear your shout, well no, Smiths are not sponsering or selling camping tickets nor are the ACO selling newspapers......yet

BUT if you rush down to your local W H Smiths as quick as possible, they are currently selling a "Racing Through Time - The History of Le Mans" at half price. from £14.99 to £7.49. This will get a 50 min DVD and a smallish brochure charting the history of the race.

So far I have not seen the DVD, I am waiting for a good downpour before pitching a tent in the garden and getting several small bottles of beer warmed up before half cooking a horse burger on a BBQ and getting the local yobs to race up and down the road on their 20cc scooters.

They are also selling a history of F1, steam trains and many others in the collection.

Simon
Old 20 Jan 2009, 08:58 (Ref:2375073)   #2
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Do they do a history of camping food & cooking at Le Mans too ?
Old 20 Jan 2009, 09:32 (Ref:2375096)   #3
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Sounds like an ideal way to Spend £7.49 I will be down there as soon as possible to spend some christmas vouchers.
Old 10 Mar 2009, 12:20 (Ref:2412912)   #4
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
The DVD is currently available through Amazon at £4.98
Old 11 Mar 2009, 07:59 (Ref:2413429)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I see there are two other vids in a set of three -

Racing Through Time - The History of the Grand Prix

and perhaps more interestingly (for me, anyway)

Racing Through Time - Great Circuits - Nurburgring, Silverstone and Monaco

As to the Le Mans video, I read this short review elsewhere....

Only covers 1923 -1963 but good footage of early years. Voice over is guaranteed to send you to sleep. Rushes through the non-english dominated years.

A bit like the modern Le Mans videos compared to the brilliant Sportseen RLM videos from 1987 to 1995....
Old 11 Mar 2009, 08:25 (Ref:2413445)   #6
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
As to the Le Mans video, I read this short review elsewhere....

Only covers 1923 -1963 but good footage of early years. Voice over is guaranteed to send you to sleep. Rushes through the non-english dominated years.
I went out bought the package from Smith's and I would agree with that review. But it is still nice to have in the collection.