Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 24 Nov 2007, 02:17 (Ref:2074517)   #1
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best national racing series in the UK

hi guys, as some of you know iam a marshal. all marshals chat each weekend about what they feel are the best series that go around the uk each year, i was just wondering what the general opinion was. we dont look at cost but simply numbers on grids and entertainment value. heres what i feel are always at the top of my list to give you an idea

1/ caterham roadsports
2/ legends
3/ barc formula renault

all have cracking grids and some amazing racing. in all honestly there is no point to this thread so mods may feel it should be moved but i was just trying to fill some time, wrack some brain power from the forums and see if we can get a decision!

what do you all think about it and to try an get your noggins workin
Old 24 Nov 2007, 09:10 (Ref:2074577)   #2
ScoopJumps
Racer

United States
ScoopJumps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I personally don't enjoy the one make formula as I get bored. I like seeing the drivers have to get clever to fight for position, for example because they have a huge horsepower difference but know they are quick on the twisty bits. I also like the ingenuity when I walk round the paddock and see how the different cars are engineered. Lots of the same might well prove driving ability but I find it boring to watch
Old 24 Nov 2007, 09:34 (Ref:2074582)   #3
gachjoel
Veteran

Wales
Cardiff
gachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
out of the formula racing,BARC formula renault did stand out aswee.
Legends a defo,
but the other series that did stand out for me was the mini challenges,some really good grids with some really close racing,sometimes to close
Old 24 Nov 2007, 11:59 (Ref:2074614)   #4
retro_msport
Racer

England
Harlow
retro_msport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The DMN championship by far ...

The UK's premier Saloon Car Clubmans Championship with cars from 600bhp 4 wheel drive monsters through ex BTCC, Thundersaloons and DTM cars to classic saloons in all shapes and sizes. Never before has a mix of cars such as this fought so hard and cleanly for the title.

From the youngster starting out in his own garage to the seasoned competitor with a pro-built car, cameraderie in the paddock is second to none. Competitors in the same class help out their rivals with problems, lending hands, tools and parts to try and get every car out on the grid.

With battles throughout the field for the class wins it dosn't matter where you look on the track, there are cars dicing for position and their class lead. Famous names and cars battling with new names and cars at every corner on every lap.

Ladies and Gentlemen, racing dosnt get much better than with the DMN.
Old 24 Nov 2007, 12:41 (Ref:2074635)   #5
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I'm biased, so here goes:
Saloons:
1. Barc SE or DMN Saloons. (biased)
2. 750 Stock Hatches
3. Super Silhouettes / VSR

Single Seaters:
1. Formula Ford Kent 1600 (any championship) (biased)
2. Formula Ford Duratec
3. Classic Formula Ford.
Old 24 Nov 2007, 12:57 (Ref:2074646)   #6
Scooby 96
Rookie

Scooby 96 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DMN Saloons - best by a mile!
Old 24 Nov 2007, 13:25 (Ref:2074660)   #7
nyssa7
Racer

nyssa7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro_msport
The UK's premier Saloon Car Clubmans Championship with cars from 600bhp 4 wheel drive monsters through ex BTCC, Thundersaloons and DTM cars to classic saloons in all shapes and sizes. Never before has a mix of cars such as this fought so hard and cleanly for the title.

From the youngster starting out in his own garage to the seasoned competitor with a pro-built car, cameraderie in the paddock is second to none. Competitors in the same class help out their rivals with problems, lending hands, tools and parts to try and get every car out on the grid.

With battles throughout the field for the class wins it dosn't matter where you look on the track, there are cars dicing for position and their class lead. Famous names and cars battling with new names and cars at every corner on every lap.
That's funny, if I remove the references to DMN, the above equally describes the LMA Eurosaloons! And the title of the thread did say "national" rather than "southern"

Not stirring it, there is plenty of space for both series to continue to flourish and I fully intend in driving in both again next season
Old 24 Nov 2007, 13:34 (Ref:2074669)   #8
avro
Racer

avro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote: The UK's premier Saloon Car Clubmans Championship with cars from 600bhp 4 wheel drive monsters through ex BTCC, Thundersaloons and DTM cars to classic saloons in all shapes and sizes. Never before has a mix of cars such as this fought so hard and cleanly for the title.

I would challange the DMN being the UK's pemier saloon championships, it might qualify as the Souths Premier, but not UK wide, that would go to the LMA Euro Saloons, and how many ex BTCC cars ran in DMN in 2007 ?
Old 24 Nov 2007, 15:30 (Ref:2074713)   #9
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ginettas. I love watching them. If i wasn't in CAMSO V8 i would be in Ginettas.
Old 24 Nov 2007, 15:49 (Ref:2074718)   #10
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe that the best racing is in Formula Ford 1600 (doesn't matter which championship), Formula Vee, Locosts, Mini Se7ens and Mini Miglias.
Old 24 Nov 2007, 15:51 (Ref:2074720)   #11
ScoopJumps
Racer

United States
Quote:
From the youngster starting out in his own garage...
Thats me!

Quote:
...Ladies and Gentlemen, racing dosnt get much better than with the DMN.
I am getting rather excited about next year and the thought of racing in the DMN
Old 24 Nov 2007, 16:31 (Ref:2074732)   #12
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
DMN

LMA is good too though (for the same reasons - good mix of saloons with some awesome machinery as well as the old favourites). Not a fan of Caterhams, don't like spindly single seaters. VSR is ok, pickups are good to watch. Does rallycross count?
Old 24 Nov 2007, 16:42 (Ref:2074736)   #13
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DMN!

And Jumps, come to the DMN Dinner Dance to meet your fellow competitors and friendly photographer
Old 24 Nov 2007, 16:45 (Ref:2074737)   #14
retro_msport
Racer

England
Harlow
retro_msport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by avro
and how many ex BTCC cars ran in DMN in 2007 ?
A Nissan ... thats enough
Old 24 Nov 2007, 16:51 (Ref:2074741)   #15
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's true. Pete Wilkinson had an ex Spanish Nissan Touring Car running for the 2nd half of the season. Until he broke it...
Old 24 Nov 2007, 17:10 (Ref:2074751)   #16
ScoopJumps
Racer

United States
@ Jon: I'm having a hard time NOT bumping into fellow competitors just lately! Been a bizarre few days!
Old 24 Nov 2007, 17:57 (Ref:2074784)   #17
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
OK well come to the do to have a bunch of beers and fall over!

Either suits me
Old 24 Nov 2007, 18:09 (Ref:2074788)   #18
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Tim Wilkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Until DMN goes to Cadwell, or Oulton, or Croft, it's not a national championship, no matter how well supported it is on these forums. Sorry, but it's still regional.

Eurosaloons, Legends and CTCRC Classic Group 1 are the only races that hold my interest, so they're my choices.
Old 24 Nov 2007, 19:09 (Ref:2074815)   #19
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wilkinson
Until DMN goes to Cadwell, or Oulton, or Croft, it's not a national championship, no matter how well supported it is on these forums. Sorry, but it's still regional.
Agreed and if it did go national I am not so sure it would get the support it does now.
Old 24 Nov 2007, 19:21 (Ref:2074824)   #20
tonful
Rookie

England
Enfield
tonful should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any FF1600
Legends
Locosts
750m Stock Hatches
DMN
Old 24 Nov 2007, 19:23 (Ref:2074826)   #21
bdwoody
Veteran

United Kingdom
redbridge southampton
bdwoody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
definitly DMN ,we do go as far as snetterton and silverstone and that hits the spot for me ,if i wanted to travel for hours and race at knockhill then i would but i don't.
touring cars.... don't forget the ex laurance bristow rs500 in DMN. OK thunder saloon....
Old 24 Nov 2007, 19:32 (Ref:2074830)   #22
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdwoody
definitly DMN
...and a guaranteed winner every time
Old 24 Nov 2007, 19:41 (Ref:2074835)   #23
bdwoody
Veteran

United Kingdom
redbridge southampton
bdwoody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
tim, you gotta be in it to win it........
Old 24 Nov 2007, 20:31 (Ref:2074860)   #24
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wilkinson

Eurosaloons, Legends and CTCRC Classic Group 1 are the only races that hold my interest, so they're my choices.
Good choice Tim especially the last one, good fun to race in as well
Old 24 Nov 2007, 20:47 (Ref:2074872)   #25
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
OK, I'm going for The Thoroughbred Sports Cars Championship. Full grids and close exciting racing.